What tank really needs...

capteeni

Reaction score
Is a health bar...after all it's a boss. I seriously think that tanks visible health bar would up the morale of survivors on expert.

When you know that he's almost done, you can't imagine how many people can get pumped up with adrenaline and actually survive.

But what stops us now, is non-knowledge how much is left until he's killed. You shoot and shoot and try to survive, a visible health meter just would tell you that your bullets DO affect him

You wouldnt get a health bar in real life would you? i think just signs that he is deteriorating would be better (limping etc)

We'll probably see servers with this setting. Personally, I'm not too big fan of it. I'm not quite scared enough by the game, and this would reduce the scare factor even more.

Set that guy on fire and RUN

for 40 seconds.

Personally I love doing this. Usually fool proof except last night the director spawned tons of zombies in our path while we were running away from the Tank.

Made it all the more intense. Loved it.

Adding a health bar would have ruined all that tension.

Would look stupid as hell. Visual cues would be nice, if they were subtle.

I like the idea of visible deterioration. Make him bleed, leave trails of blood or something. Someone made a mod for CS:S where you'd leave a trail of blood behind you after you were injured, so clearly it's possible. Make it so he leaves blood trails when he's at like half health... and starts panicking when he's at a quarter, like maybe screaming more, becoming more frustrated/agitated... i dunno but I agree some clue as to his condition would be nice.

That's like saying an Antlion Guard in HL2 needs a visible health meter.

So we need to make the tank easier for nubs to kill?

Why not shoot it more?

What the tank really needs is a mother****ing lazer on his head.

You wouldnt get a health bar in real life would you? i think just signs that he is deteriorating would be better (limping etc)

You also aren't able to see your friends through walls in real life, are you? You also don't have a HUD in real life, do you? :sleep:

I think the tank should display a more predictable behavior... like he should zig zag through the map and you can memorize the pattern and shoot him safely. After a little bit of damage he changes pattern.

May I suggest FEATHERTOUCH?

You have selected POWERDRIVE!!!

Visual cues like the antguard's bleeding would be nice, I guess
something that can wait, though

Love L4D but I think I've gotten bored of dying to tanks.

Just nothing fun about the predictability of trying to kill a huge hulking beast with more health then all other boss classes combined and being able to punch out survivors in a few hits.

I know its meant to be a survival horror game but the key word there is survival. It loses its fun once survival is out the window the minute you see that substance abusing ape running you down.

At the least he should be a bit slower, I cant be sure but I think he's basically as fast as a survivor.

Or give survivors sticky bombs as another grenade, good old fashioned explosives in a sock with sticky coating, stick to walls, stick to zombies, stick to tanks, its all good.

If its that hard for you then share aggro, the person hes currently chasing should be running as fast as possible away from it while the others do the damage, a molotov or other fire source will slowly burn it to death anyway, and you can use scenery fairly easy to kite the thing, (sorry to use MMO terms but its the same thing), proximity to the tank also increases your damage, if its thumping a downed victim, then get as close as possible and just empty ur gun into it, if everyone does this its dead in no time.

They are already fairly easy to deal with, if you are struggling that much... then you are simply on the wrong difficulty setting.

Tank in Offices (Dead Air part 2) is sexy.

At the least he should be a bit slower, I cant be sure but I think he's basically as fast as a survivor.
A survivor in green can outrun the tank, although the crowded enviroments of Left 4 Dead make it difficult (today I outran a witch, that was actually pretty damn scary (put it on fire and ran like hell)).

Yeah, because a jetpack will totally work in the cramped indoor environment, right?

I like the idea.

Yeah, because a jetpack will totally work in the cramped indoor environment, right?

I like the idea.

Your sarcasm is ineffective when applied to something that was never intended to be serious.

Actually, tanks with jetpacks could be really fun, but also totally out of place.

On a more serious note, depending on how it'll work, slight indications of a tank's health could work, I'm just afraid it could reduce the scare factor. I like being scared in this game, it just doesn't happen quite enough.

I think the tank should display a more predictable behavior... like he should zig zag through the map and you can memorize the pattern and shoot him safely. After a little bit of damage he changes pattern.

Yeah...... a predictable pattern of movement... that'd be intense...

We have a witch, which has a predictable moving pattern. It has plenty of health too, so I'm satisfied with it.

I mean there's no way to have her moving pattern unpredictable, she goes to whoever alerts her, then anyone else. You determine her moving pattern. So actually, it is fairly dynamic.

Tank needs to dual wield lightsabers and barf up rainbows.

Oh and it should have a unicorn horn.

ITT: People scared of tank want it nerfed, everyone else despairs for humanity.

Yeah...... a predictable pattern of movement... that'd be intense...

of course I was just kidding.

I like that the tank is quite an intense boss with no easy and cheap tricks out (well, except for molotov + run)

Anyway, most of the time the tank gets me at expert (I ONLY play expert) it is because when he is targeting me, the rest of the team just ****s off the map from sheer terror, leaving me alone. Instead, they should be covering him with lead.

I think the tank needs an "Off Switch" on his back, that way if you get behind him and "Use" the switch, he dies.

I mean, why have something that is in the game that's too hard? It's pointless.

Maybe when he gets damaged enough the animation starts taking longer for him to throw concrete, or he wont be able to at all and it'll just show an animation of him tugging on the ground before giving up.

Tank needs to dual wield lightsabers and barf up rainbows.

Oh and it should have a unicorn horn.

Don't forget the rocket launchers attached to it's back!

The witch is very easy to kill when you know how. Also, if she kills the person who startles her, she'll usually run around randomly shrieking for a bit before attacking anyone else.

The tank is also fairly easy as long as you don't all stand fairly far apart and simply leg it if the tank comes for you.

I had a dream last night that I killed a witch by myself. I was like " **** YEAH! CAN'T **** WITH ME YOU LITTLE BITCH!"

Then another one came and one swiped me in the head. :(

Back