What video card do you guys use for SOURCE

Radeon 9800 Pro. Scoff if you want, but it was built for Source.

Radeon X850 Pro

Depending on the engine, its an awesome card for its price. Source - max settings a dream.

STALKER - errrr...lets not go there haha.

was the best card out when source was going to be released.

3 years ago:p

but seriously, its a great card. if i could play all of sources stuff at max, thats good enough for me.

Leadtek Winfast 8800GTS 320MB

Smoothe

Gonna spring for a budget 8900 something I think when they arrive. :)

I've run Source at home on an FX5200 (medium settings good), a 6600GT (most high settings), and a 7900GS (max settings) throughout the years. 6600GT was the most bang for the buck, but I don't know if the 7600GT is an equivalent value for the 7 generation. My current 7900GS is a beautiful card.

nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 here xD.
pretty outdated but runs source well really smooth on medium settings for all source games.

I used to use that, now I've got a Radeon X1300Pro 256mb, very nice, but I only have 512mb of ram, it's a sad state of affairs.

I've run Source at home on an FX5200 (medium settings good), a 6600GT (most high settings), and a 7900GS (max settings) throughout the years. 6600GT was the most bang for the buck, but I don't know if the 7600GT is an equivalent value for the 7 generation. My current 7900GS is a beautiful card.

i owned the 7600gt and i played source games maxed. my fps only went down on some maps but others were always above 60. now i get great fps with settings maxed one every map.

So far not a problem.

Well, a few freezes here and there... other than that, its excellent.

Same here. Isn't the best out there, but it serves its purpose. I REALLY need to get a new hard drive. It's about 9 or 10 years old.

Back