What was the incident at Black Mesa?

O

OHH

L00st...

some people here know me better than others, but i wanted to ask what was the "accident" in Black Mesa, as i only have played blue shift and oposing force HL Single player games (and a little bit of redemption, but there arn'y any aliens left)

have u played doom? cos hl is basically a carbon copy of it with aliens instead of demons. if u no what happened at uac then u no what happened at black mesa.

in short.

Gordon arrives for work one day (late) and hes supposed to push this cart of a mineral into this big beam thing, suffice it to say BOOM.

Aliens from Xen start coming through portals the blast created and Gordon tries to get to the surface (cos black masa is underground).

just when hes about to get out and home free Human Marines show up with orders to kill anything that tries to get out.

the marines get sluaghtered and so do the aliens with gordon the only real survivor.

Gordon then has to travel to xen and kill the big baby alien thing and then the G-Man pleased with gordons abilities offers him a job.

cue Hl2.

Hl2 was kinda long and fun. I thought i was done over 15 times then it just keeps going on and on....Damn.... Opposing force was pretty short...could beat it in 1 day.....(i beat it in 2 cuz i felt liking going on cs). Blue shift i beat in like 3 hours lol.

HL is quite different from Doom other then that they are both FPS games.

Play HL - at least until the xen levels.

hehe blue shit takes little over one hour to play , and hl if u dont stop to look at everything takes about 4 ?

Well when you first go through it...it kinda takes a while lol. Once u know everything then its hella easy :).

Now, here is a fairly detailed version of the story, but I am only able to tell it like this cause I have now beaten Half-Life twice on each difficulty (half of them on PS2, other on PC).

Gordon arrives late to a large experiment on a foriegn crystal that nobody seems to want to tell you where it is from. Eventually you learn it is from a cross dimensional world.

Gordon enters the test chamber, which holds a gigantic anti-mass spectrometer. Now, I am not 100% sure what an anti-mass spectrometer is, but a mass spectrometer is used to gauge the wieghts in isotopes and ions of a element. It uses an electron-beam emiter to seperate electrons off of a stream of atoms being allowed into the chamber. The electron beam knocks electrons off of the atoms, and creates different ions. The new ions now flow into the largest chamber of the spectrometer, and their corses are litterally bent by a magnetic field created by large magnets. The ions then hit a photographic plate that can be used for all sorts of scientific crap I could care less about.

Well anyway, Gordon pushes the crystal into the anti-mass spectrometer, which they have charged to 110% its standard capacity, and all hell breaks loose. The fabric of space-time tears, and hundreds of aliens from a border world in a different dimension are transported into the black mesa facility, and presumably the entire world (enter HL2). Gordon breaks out the crowbar, and gets going throughout the facility trying to get out with his life, and learns more about the incident as he goes. In the end, he is transported via teleportation technology that is in the labs on the other side of Black Mesa to the border world, known as Xen. He takes out the big bad alien, and out pops the mysterious G-Man. Throughout HL1, you see him watching your progress, and never get to actually meet him. Well, he offers you a job working for him, or he will send you to a place you have no chance of surviving (and trust me, I chose this option just for kicks, there is no way you could win without busting out some cheat codes).

There ya go.

Minerel said:
Hl2 was kinda long and fun. I thought i was done over 15 times then it just keeps going on and on....Damn.... Opposing force was pretty short...could beat it in 1 day.....(i beat it in 2 cuz i felt liking going on cs). Blue shift i beat in like 3 hours lol.

*points finger, shouts as loudly as possible* "HEY! HHHHHEEEEEYYYYY! Minerel has HL2!!!!111 OMG!!!?!? WTF!?!?!? LOL!!!11"

;) Hook me up with a copy man

Sigh, no acknowledgement for my lengthy useless description of HL's plot :(

lol

Back