Whatever happend to Alan Wake??

It doesn't look bad, but when the media for the game was released graphics were the selling point, as they were cutting edge at the time. Now they look standard, and so it's lost it's selling point, seeing as we know f*** all about the gameplay other than obscure mentions about light and dark. Hopefully the lack of recent media means they've been keeping the graphics up to date, and preferably, ahead of their time.

I don't think the graphics look bad, well the water and stuff looks good.

Yeah, we haven't heard anything from it in a long time and we still have no idea what the gameplay is like. They should have waited until they actually had something before they announced the game.

Good. I've still got my eye on it. Quite looking forward to it - the end of that one trailer was pretty creepy.

This game is something that rhymes with shmapoware.

This game is something that rhymes with shmapoware.

Not to talk over and over again about the Vista-exclusive issue, but in my opinion Remedy knows that PC sales will be very poor. Read some statistics about XP/Vista usage and you'll clearly see this. Maybe they are waiting one more year for the Vista market to grow up.

I would think by now they realize the whole Vista exclusive gimmick didn't and won't work. I could see them doing it if they wanted to have a coupled release with Vista but they have missed that mark by a long shot.

Unless more big name titles become Vista exclusive the big migration isn't going to happen. Instead the lone rangers that do release exclusively to Vista take a hit in sales. They need to either have other developers go all in or stamp their foreheads with idiot stamp.

I would think by now they realize the whole Vista exclusive gimmick didn't and won't work. I could see them doing it if they wanted to have a coupled release with Vista but they have missed that mark by a long shot.

Unless more big name titles become Vista exclusive the big migration isn't going to happen. Instead the lone rangers that do release exclusively to Vista take a hit in sales. They need to either have other developers go all in or stamp their foreheads with idiot stamp.
^This.

The Vista market will never mature in time before, *Dum Dum Dummmm* Windows 9 is released. What a marketing mess. /facepalm

I'm glad I never bought into the Vista hype.

They need to either have other developers go all in or stamp their foreheads with idiot stamp.

Totally agreed. How can Remedy think of going Vista exclusive without suffering loss in sales? OK, Microsoft is paying a lot of money for the exclusive, but a company should have a wider view of the market. And we could talk about reputation and respect. By the way, this huge delay on Alan Wake makes me think about some changes in that direction, since the technology in the game is not groundbreaking anymore and the Vista matter is not justifiable as it was one year ago.

Back