Whatever happend to Alan Wake??

dream431ca

Reaction score
Do you guys know some new info on this game? I can't find anything. :(

Do you guys know some new info on this game? I can't find anything. :(

Requires Vista. AFAIK, Won't be out until sometime in 2008 more than likely.

There was a thread on it here a few weeks ago. Do a search here 'Alan Wake'

That thread was another XP v Vista discussion. :X

When it became a vista exclusive the hype just died.

nah the hype died when remedy went back into their holes to work on the game that will be out in 2008 :/

Back at E3 last year, from the way they described it, and from the screenshots, I was really impressed by it.

I thought it was going to released in 2006 or early 2007 tbh. Coming out in 2008, graphics and gameplay like that will be like ... on par. Standard for most games. So it doesn't seem incredible at all anymore.

Not to mention I don't have Vista, and the hardware it will require to run flawlessly no doubt isn't even out yet, much less started coming down in price yet.

I'm not going to be pessimistic or negative about it, I'm just not thinking about the game right now. Hopefully it will be good, and then one day, if I'm still alive by then, and meet the game requirements, I'll get it.

Thank the lord I have a 360 that still works from launch.

I don't get why they even released screenshots so early. It's the same with Fallout 3. Maybe to get hype to get more money from their publisher.

First it was announced to be Vista exclusive. Then it was announced that it will come out in 2008. With that any hype I had for this game went deep underground and got itself into a state of suspended animation. The end.

Vista exclusive... :(
Still, I will have to play it so I won't have a choice come 2008.

By the way, am I the only one thinking that one of the major flaws of the computer game business is that it takes so bloody long for any decent games to come out? How long has Alan Wake been in development? Cause it must have been announced sometime 2005 if I recall... or does it just *seem* like it's forever? :(

Glad I've got a 360. Screw getting a new OS for a game.

By the way, am I the only one thinking that one of the major flaws of the computer game business is that it takes so bloody long for any decent games to come out? How long has Alan Wake been in development? Cause it must have been announced sometime 2005 if I recall... or does it just *seem* like it's forever? :(
They did the same thing with Max Payne. I remember seeing the first video of it at least 3 or 4 years before it eventually was released.

It's just a matter of time when AW is released for someone to convert it to XP. They did it with Halo 2.

That's true after all there are alot of people who don't like M$ or vista.

Epic bumpage

What the hell happened to this game? It's like over a year since it was last heard from, at least properly. There haven't been any previews or media for a very long time afaik.

Remedy is serious about keeping info from leaking. They want the game to be as unspoiled as possible. Rest assured, it's still in development. Keep checking back at http://www.brightfalls.net/ for any updates.

Remedy likes to take their time. Wasn't Max Payne in development for like 5 years?

Just a simple "Hi, we're still making AW" and 1 or 2 screenshots should suffice. Anything really.

Seriously.

Still waiting for Max Payne 3... (after the credits "Max Payne will return").

MP3 would be awesome. I recently replayed MP2 again and that's still a Great Game in every aspect, even graphically.

This was one of my original reasons for investing in a 360. By the time it releases, I will have a sweet PC that will run the heck out of it. Oh well.

I heard that they've been on a long break and have only just started working on it again.

That's the most likely scenario. A few people were betting on it being a dark horse and just blowing everyone away at E3. Didn't happen, so I think maybe they don't have anything serious to show at the moment.

Well I never really followed it properly, it does seem like a cool game, whether that will be the case when it comes out I dont know. Ill just wait for the reviews I think.

Alan who?
Vista exclusive = I couldn't care less about this game.

you not caring about this game = I couldnt care less about your opinion.

Alan Wake is a game I am really interested in. I'm glad they're not releasing any info, keeps the game pure.

You not caring about my opinion = I couldn't care less about you not caring about my opinion.

Next? ;)

All this talk has brought up some vague memories I may or may not have actually had about it being retooled because the whole light/dark gameplay thing was becoming too difficult to build an actual game around or something. Does anyone else seem to recall anything like this? Have I totally pulled that out of mine arse?

No new info for a long while = blaaahhh. I even forgot the game existed.

Alan Wake should of been released around 6 months ago, it looks old now.

I'd wager that after spending so much effort on a cinematic trailer for their "Psychological Action Thriller" story, they're now trying to figure out how to make it into an actual game.

Yeah, I have the same feeling. Too much story, not enough game. I can understand Remedy not wanting to talk about the plot, but they hardly ever said a word about actual gameplay neither. I got the impression from the few previews 2 years ago that it would be more an adventure game than action, done in third person though. Which still sounds promising if you ask me.

Alan Wake should of been released around 6 months ago, it looks old now.
I didn't believe this, since I remember being so impressed before. But my God I just checked the site and you are totally, totally right.

Yeah, it definitely doesnt impress me like it did before. Graphics-wise.

Alan Wake is a game I am really interested in. I'm glad they're not releasing any info, keeps the game pure.

Huh-huh. This game'll be the reason I get Vista.

I'm surprised how quickly those graphics have aged and the game is not out yet. It's far from ugly, but not special any more like when they first shown. 2D plants, a blur for a car engine i sure hope they are all fixed in the final version.

Back