What's your favorite movie?

Scarface ~ Really nice movie, if your into gangster movies you _MUST_ see this one.
Enemy At the Gates ~ Nice 2nd world war movie, it's about Stalingrad. The fight vs the russians and german.

I really don't know what my favourite film is, i love loads, but Pulp fiction's definately way up there :p

Toss up between Scarface and Dawn of the Dead (1978). I'll take Scarface. :D

Bit of a silly question really. A more appropriate question might be : What is your favourite movie in <specific genre>? I mean, I have loads of favorites all in various genres.. for example

Fave Prison Film: Shawshank Redemption
Fave Sci-Fi: The Empire Strikes Back
Fave Tarantino: Pulp Fiction
Fave gangster film: Goodfellas
Etc..

WAAYYY to many to name. I like a lot of movies. I really dont have a favorite.

Of course I have alot of other favourite movies aswell, but anyways: Donnie Darko. All I can say is that the movie is brilliant. :)

Way to many good movies to have a favourite but i think Oceans Eleven, Predator (the original), Aliens, Snatch, Shaun of the Dead, Matrix (the original), Blue Streak, White Chicks, Scary movie 1 and 2, The Grudge, I,Robot, Bad Boys 1 and 2 are some of the best films i've seen. Edit/ Oh and Titanic :eek: Great film tbh.

If i had to pick a favourite from that list it'd have to be Bad Boys 1 AND 2 (joint win) i just think they have the best balance between comedy and action. Will Smith rules (Fresh Prince anyone :E) and Martin Laurence also and together they make the perfect acting pair.

Its gotta be Die Hard!!! classic. i h8 these fave movies questions

i lov loads, the old Dawn of the dead and the new 1 is good too

Raziel-Jcd said:
WAAYYY to many to name. I like a lot of movies. I really dont have a favorite.
Amen, brotha!

We'll im sitting here with 10mbit and i'm bored as hell, so i wanna see a new movie. Thats why im asking.

The best latest movies are probably:

Horror: new Texas Chainsaw Massacre (not very new but ya knw)
Thriller: Dawn of the Dea (2004)
Comedy: hmm couldnt think of one for this genre.

May i recomend 'The Butterfly Effect'' its a very clever film

Best comedy out now thats new is definately White Chicks. Poor story and all that but who cares for a story in any comedy film? not me anyway. Its got the dude in Scary movie who swings both ways and the dude who just smokes weed with the squeeky laugh. Its funny as hell.

Best Movie: Fight Club
Most Interesting: Memento - gotta love how they tell the story
Best Script: Ocean's Eleven - I love how characters like Rusty have quirks (he's practically always eating :p) - The character's conversations and little exchanges are great. Can't wait for Ocean's Twelve :)

Butterfly Effect is a solid movie. I was surprised by it. At first I wasn't taking Ashton Kutcher seriously - I kept referring to him as Kelso - ...but now I can actually. Props to him and the writers on that one.

a clockwork orange: i dont know why, but i love the world and the characters, i really feel i can identify with alex's struggle, plus i want some synthamesc. oh shit dude im gonna go watch it again!

Possibly pulp fiction, or fight club, or saving private ryan...i have lots of favourites. Pulp Fiction has Everything, it's so cool. :)

gone in 60 seconds, for sure.

y did i post this? y am i up so l8?

:sleep:

28 Days Later, by far. It's rare that a movie is that flawless.

Edward Scissorhands is really great too, just because of the production design.
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie is the single funniest movie in history I've seen it something like ten times with my friends, and we practically laugh too hard to breathe. :D

sorry but someone mentionned butterfly effect and since i saw it I take it as my duty to steer you clear of that pile of shit. NOTHING at all makes sense in that movie, nor is it the least clever. if you like butterfly effect you really have the part of your brain that makes you enjoy movies totally destroyed by hollywoodian bullshit. or are 13 and extremely easily impressionable.

for something clever, i'd recommend any Chaplin film between The Gold Rush and Limelight.

or if you don't like B&W, something along the lines of Fargo, Dog Day Afternoon, Amélie Poulain, Run Lola Run, Memento, Pi, Rushmore, A Simple Plan, La Vita è Bella (life is beautiful) or even Go should do.

I would love to elaborate on why TBE is laughable but this guy (http://www.bigempire.com/filthy/butterflyeffect.html) does it so much better than me. read this, worth it.

"The Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the ring"

This is the best of the three movies IMO, but maybe that's just because I enjoy this part of the book better as well. Too bad they dropped Tom Bombadil in the movie.

Best movies ever for me:
The fightclub
Twelve Monkeys
Memento
Dr.Strangelove
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Other movies I really really liked are:
Snatch, True lies, Last Action hero, T2, Total Recall

Best comedy: Oscar(with stallone)
Best Anime: Spirited Away
Best story and Plot no matter what medium: Mgs&Mgs2

Back