Whats Your Favorite Zelda Game?

Kschreck

Reaction score
Whats Your Favorite Zelda Game? Mine would have to be Ocarina Of Time. Thats my favorite game. Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are also cool. What Zelda games do you like?

Ocorina of Time. There are so many things that mad ethat game great..... I'm not even gonna list them.

YES, I have to agree. Even today OOT stands out as a game thats just perfect. I have yet to see a game better. i was always a Nintendo fan although GameCube has taken a more Childish route, but I still like the games just not as much as the old Nintendo 64.

Definatelly Majora's Mask. It has a great story (not the usual "save the princess, etc"). And best of all you also get to morph into different characters with different abilities. :)

oh, i didn't really like Majora's mask. I had some very cool gameplay elements, but OOT really defined Zelda for me.

what so noone liked link to the past? the snes origional?

wind waker would be but it was too damn short!

I didnt like wind waker it was just kinda eh i donno it got boring quick for me, i like link to the past or ocarina the best cant make my mind up :rolling:

yeah but wind waker had kick ass fights, for me it was just that i was too easy and too short. OOT was the next best becuase i cant remember LTTP very well.

Yea i liked the boss fights and all that i donno though something turned me off about it, maybe it was the constant sailing...years at sea can drive a man mad you know...like when your boat starts talkin to you, link, time to lay off the shrooms and get a new job....lol

DEFINATELY Link to the Past! One of my favorite games EVER! I can play through that game in one sitting, I played it so much... and I still do occassionly...

god damn that boat sucked! it wouldn't let you go anywhere! the sailing was fun for a few hours but after that it was just annoying to have to sail somewhere then change wind direction and sail off agian, also treasure hunting, that was so annoying, it was always just far enogh away.

Nintendo, it was a bad idea to have sailing.

got any news on the new zelda thats to come out?

Originally posted by king John I

got any news on the new zelda thats to come out?

nintendo power has confirmed the geotherms and zion will be destroyed in twe.... i mean they have confirmed it's in the works and it (;() will be cel-shaded again

Link to the Past was by far the best Zelda game although I'll be prepared to admit Ocarina of Time has grown on me.

However, that said, Ocarina of Time had many many flaws which makes some parts of it near unbearable.

link to the past was my favorite zelda game ever.

Ocarina of time was alright.

As we all know Zelda 128 (Spaceworld 2000 GameCube 3D Demo) was canned, and yes the Second Zelda for the GameCube will indeed be Cel-Shaded. (NOT The Four Swords or Tetra Trackers) but the next adventure styled game will be Cel-Shaded. I prefer the 3D one much more.

Loved Link to the Past and Link's Awakening...

Definitely Link to the Past more though...

Wasn't a fan of the N64 zelda's or the Windwalker one..

i luv em all, but i only got to play the one on the gameboy really ;) that really rocked

Originally posted by AmishSlayer
Loved Link to the Past and Link's Awakening...

Definitely Link to the Past more though...

Wasn't a fan of the N64 zelda's or the Windwalker one..

^ this man doth indeed rulith.

what was up with that like paper mario, but it was zelda

which one was that

Only Zelda I loved was Ocarina of time, and thats gotta be in my top 5 games.

whats wrong with cel-shaded? the wind waker one had really good graphics and in my opinion nintendo has made the right choice.

The Wind Waker is indeed a good game, but not nearly as good as Ocarina Of Time or Majora's Mask. I think Nintendo has been making the wrong decisions on a lot of stuff and thats why Nintendo is dyeing. They only make software for young children when they had a lot of older fans as well, and they just left them in the dust, and they will suffer because of that.

Originally posted by Kschreck
...I think Nintendo has been making the wrong decisions on a lot of stuff and thats why Nintendo is dyeing...

I agree. They need to get their act together, especially now with the PSP coming.

Anyway, why isn't this a poll?

Hey! what are nintendo doing wrong? (call me a fanboy)

cel-shaded was actually a good idea for the zelda game and maybe the new mario shouldn't of had his jet pack but.... loads of new good games have just come out!

have you seen the new n-gage? it sucks bad, dont know about the PsP though...

Hey! what are nintendo doing wrong?...

Mainly being so damn quirky.

Like making Star Fox Adventures instead of an actual f***ing Star Fox.

Or ignoring the rising popularity of online gaming.

yeah but starfox adventures was crap, i wouldn't buy it. Wasn't that made by rare anyway?

Hey! what are nintendo doing wrong? (call me a fanboy)

They had their first really really bad year this year and I firmly believe it's because they're getting more and more childish with their games. They're driving most mature gamers away.

Their saying that Nintendo is realizing the mistakes it has made recently and that there next system is going to be a turn around for them. Hopefully that also means they have realized the mistake of not marketing to mature gamers.

My jaw dropped when I saw the early screenshots of what was going to be the GameCube Zelda game... but it was a sad day when they announced that they were switching to a childish cel-shaded version instead.
There are still several up-to-date web sites dedicated to the memory of "Zelda 128" as it was called.

If only the GC Zelda had the same style as the Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda that were in Super Smash Bros Melee and it didn't involve sailing... well, we can dream.

... and does anyone else wonder why they still called it "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker" when it didn't involve Princess Zelda at all (same thing with Link's Awakening)?

NOTE: I played Wind Waker and it was decent... but I still think Ocarina of Time was much better (at least compared to its contemporaries).

Originally posted by OCybrManO
... and does anyone else wonder why they still called it "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker" when it didn't involve Princess Zelda

My friend, I would tell you but that would be a spoiler. ;)

BTW, the only thing I didn't like about Wind Waker is that I spent 70% of my time sailing around aimlessly. Otherwise it's a good game.

Spoil away!

I'm not ever going to play through the entire thing.

Spoil away!

I'm not ever going to play through the entire thing.

Ok ... so lets see

******** SPOILER **********

Tetra IS Zelda (or at least her descendant, I forgot)
She (as Zelda) actually plays an important role in the game. :)

******** SPOILER **********

you find that out when you play through half the game.

you wasted money by not playing enough to see that.

I didn't waste my money... I spent $5 and found out that I didn't like it.
The way I see it, I saved myself from wasting another $45.

Tetra is a descendant of Zelda? Still not enough to warrant the title... is there any more to it?
So... is Link Link's own descendant, as well?
Is it another unrelated Link that looks just like the other Link?

They keep pulling that same crap to try to tie in all of the "Zelda" stories, but having the characters stay children.

They say that the stories are either about a different pair of people named Link and Zelda that happen to look and sound the same as the other two or that they are descendants of the original two.

That's just a stupid excuse for staying with 5-year-olds for main characters. Let them grow up!

I didn't waste my money... I spent $5 and found out that I didn't like it.
The way I see it, I saved myself from wasting another $45.

Tetra is a descendant of Zelda? Still not enough to warrant the title... is there any more to it?
So... is Link Link's own descendant, as well?
Is it another unrelated Link that looks just like the other Link?

They keep pulling that same crap to try to tie in all of the "Zelda" stories, but having the characters stay children.

They say that the stories are either about a different pair of people named Link and Zelda that happen to look and sound the same as the other two or that they are descendants of the original two.

That's just a stupid excuse for staying with 5-year-olds for main characters. Let them grow up!

No, I think they actually did a pretty good job of tying it in this time instead of just saying "here is Link, he is the hero and must rescue the princess" as they did in all the other Zelda games. And I have to say it was pretty cool to go below the sea and see the old castle from OOT standing there.

Back