When does the PSP come out here?

That pretty soon considering they need to make loads of western games before they can release here.

[All the Japan PSP games are VERY 'Japany'. Exept maybe Ridge Racers].

What's wrong with Japanese games? I'll hear nothing against my Obasheri Parodious: Forever With Me or Bishi Bashi Special thank you very much.
Do you realise just how many of your Western 'classics' are Japanese games? Akumajou Dracula (Demon Castle Dracula, also known as Castlevania), Metroid, Street Fighter, Mario, Sonic, Metal Gear, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Resident Evil, Silent Hill...the list goes on.
Or were you talking about really shallow platformers and the constant stream of Madden games? Face the facts, 90% of good console games are Japanese.
I should know, I own 11 consoles =P

I diddn't say Japanese games are bad at all, but the games currently on the PSP wouldn't apeal to the general western audience at all :)

Ahhh ok, sorry for flameage...old pet peeves getting the better of me.
I'm a bit of an obscure lover. I have pretty much the whole Parodius collection, and they're all pretty damned weird. But still, I think everybody would love a few rounds of Bishi Bashi Special!

man i'd love to play madden online thru the PSP during class or at work.
it would be even better playing street fighter 2 online....i hope they have a SF2 for the PSP.

well, tbh I don't think it really matters. I am getting my PSP imported with japanese games, if you didn't know already then the PSP is multi-region. That means when it comes out in the UK I can still go and buy UK games along with continuing to play with my Japanese games.

I play on importing one after xmas, atm they are about 400UKS and I can't aford it atm. I also wouldn't have much chance in getting one since they will proberly sell out isntantly :p

IchI said:
well, tbh I don't think it really matters. I am getting my PSP imported with japanese games, if you didn't know already then the PSP is multi-region. That means when it comes out in the UK I can still go and buy UK games along with continuing to play with my Japanese games.

I play on importing one after xmas, atm they are about 400UKS and I can't aford it atm. I also wouldn't have much chance in getting one since they will proberly sell out isntantly :p

I'm thinking about doing the same. Heck i get all kinds of wacky things from japan why not a console while I'm at it?

way too much to import right now. play-asia and lik-sang are charging like 500+ :\

the movie/music umds will be region encoded. some say these wont be all popular because you can just use the memory stick for this stuff but i would rather be able to play them than not at all.

anyways, i preordered my psp a while ago for 20 dollars down at ebworld so ill be gettin me a us version when ever it comes. :)

Back