• G-Man

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Silver

Votes: 42 53.8%

• Total voters

LoneDeranger

Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't help it once I saw the boxes. :cheese:

I would definatelly go with Gordon. But if they made a more sinister looking G-Man with an evil smile like in the movie I would probably go with that instead.

Attachments

• hl2_boxes.jpg
    hl2_boxes.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 375
I don't know, I think Silver, but G-man is da man, so uh.. voting silver.

I think the silver is the back. The side that you can see is different from the other 3 (probbly on the other side when it's facing forward)

-Straylight

Nah, I think all devs put screenshots on the back, it is a tradition :)

Originally posted by Straylight
I think the silver is the back. The side that you can see is different from the other 3 (probbly on the other side when it's facing forward)

-Straylight

I think they would have screenshots and stuff on the back .. for those few people who didn't play HL1 :cheese:

I was thinking about doing this, I had the G-Man picked out as soon as i saw the pic

I think the silver is the back/front and it folds open ala HL: GOTY. Either that or it's wrapping, it looks kinda sticky-outty :D Also look at the side you can see a thin pic of Alyx on the spine.

I'm going with Gordon or Alyx... don't want the G-man uglying up my box :p

Well I really don't like how the characters are on the side - so I'm going with one of the boxes with a main character on the front - say Gordon or Alyx :cool:

If the ones WITH THE FREE T-SHIRTS! (got it gabe?) have faces on them, ill get the gorden one. You have to keep with tradition.

Other than that, ill go whereever the T-Shirts are.

well the gordon one is the coolest.
Still when I actually buy it I probably go for the silver one to get the limited edition stuff

I couldn't make up my mind so I voted for silver. Otherwise..I think I would have voted for Gordon.

silver is the coolest.. I like reflected surfaces on game boxes

if you look at the boxes on the side of the silver one it has pictures of all 3 people!! the others just say half life 2, so it has all 3 pictures and a stylee silver front...

Silver IS the back of all three. The silver-version there is the Alyx box...

Hmmmmmmm, well if it included a T-shirt..It'd have to be the Gordon One, But other wise I'll have to go with the G-man, he looks quite cool, with his pondering expression ?!? :p

Originally posted by AvengR
Silver IS the back of all three. The silver-version there is the Alyx box...

How do you know, you are saying it like it is a fact.

I voted silver...because I think it's the token limited-edition...otherwise I would go for the Gordon one...

i would buy the alyx one, but it would have to be a picture of her being dead

If the silver one was silver all over (sides and back) then that, but it doesn't look like it on the picture so I'd go for the Gman one. v. cool.

Its a bit like black and white only you'de have to buy 4 copies of the game to get all four covers.......

..... hey, now there's a thought.......

*looks in piggy bank*

Damn.

Silver. The other boxes are kinda lame IMHO.

Some night ago in a dream i went to a vg store and it was full of hl2, of all colors and dimensions...

and there was a box with alyx on the cover, and it was a cool box. there was a full Alyx (not just the head) holding a gun. It was awesome.

Anyway, i hope that those e3 boxes will not be final... again, they suck a little......

i thaugth silver was the limited collector edition box?

Originally posted by ShadowJustice
Silver. The other boxes are kinda lame IMHO.

Some night ago in a dream......

we need help (or HL2)
the sooner the better

All of them.

No really if had the mony to throw around i would by them all. It would give me extra CD keys to play lans which would be a bonus. and i wouldnt have to download any.

Maybe each different box has a different toy with it.

Thats how id market it.

The gorden one comes with a crowbar, the gman one comes with a Tie, and the alyx one comes with.....i dunno what do women have nowadays....a tampon or something.

The gorden one comes with a crowbar, the gman one comes with a Tie, and the alyx one comes with.....i dunno what do women have nowadays....a tampon or something.
lol, opening your HL2 box and finding a tampon. Now that would be funny.

The innocent 8 year old: "Oh wow! I finally got Half Life 2, and looks like some sort of special gift comes in the box. Look its a... MOM! CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THIS IS! IT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING OF YOURS IN THE BATHROOM."

In one picture Alyx was carrying a pipewrench or something. Vivendi/Sierra would do good to have some collectibles in box (and out, not buying it twice...), they would KICK yu-gi-ohs ASS.

If it was random, id rip boxes open to find my crowbar.

Im buying 2 for sure, one for my and one for my brother, so I would have to say GORDON for him (he has no say hehe) and G-Man for me ;)

btw, where did the boxes pic come from? are these official?
and although the silver is nice, I wanted something with character. also the silver might be the back since if you look at the side it has a face on it (like its scrolling off of the front). it could be the back and have a front panel that opens like hl1. and those boxes look old school size.. isnt the new format tiny shit boxes? I HATE THE NEW BOX SIZE! geez if something costs me 60 bucks, I want that extra frill.

If the sliver one is a true cover then I would pick it. Otherwise, well, I don't want a creppy evil-looking government guy that is in need of a face lift staring at me. I just don't like Alyx's look. Gordon is nicely drawn and he is not rendered. My choice would have to be the Silver or Gordon.

I would not be surprised if I saw Half-Life action figures on the shelves of Toys R' Us or something. Wait a sec... Do they have Half-Life toys?

Back