which card should i use?

JonTheCanuck

Reaction score
we recently just bought a new comp and i'm curious as to which vid card to put in. Right now its got the radeon x300 SE in it and i have a 9600 pro i could put in. I'm thinking the 9600 pro is faster... that sound about right?

Yes the 9600 pro is definitely faster. However the X300SE is PCI-E and the 9600 pro is AGP, your computer doesn't have an AGP slot, you have to use the X300SE. I would save up for a better card. The 6600GT is PCI-E and it's awesome.

That was my 900th post! :bounce:

JonTheCanuck said:
we recently just bought a new comp and i'm curious as to which vid card to put in. Right now its got the radeon x300 SE in it and i have a 9600 pro i could put in. I'm thinking the 9600 pro is faster... that sound about right?

Do I smell an HP from Futureshop?

lol. Yep AGP cards are not compatible with PCI express. Although, I think ATI sells PCI-E to AGP adapters, so you could maybe buy one of those and use ur 9600pro? Or u can save up for a x600 or x800.

ATI4EVER! said:
lol. Yep AGP cards are not compatible with PCI express. Although, I think ATI sells PCI-E to AGP adapters, so you could maybe buy one of those and use ur 9600pro? Or u can save up for a x600 or x800.

PCI-E to AGP Adapters? WTF? Are you sure? That doesn't sound right, how could you do that?

ATI4EVER! said:

huh? pci-e to agp adapter ??? :LOL:

well that totally sux... but yes SixThree it is hp from futureshop. 3.2ghz cpu speed :naughty:

owww

i just overclocked my 1ghz processor to 1.1ghz :LOL:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

and i have 0 fans in my computer, just a heatsink, and it still runs at 28 c. :LOL:

JonTheCanuck said:
well that totally sux... but yes SixThree it is hp from futureshop. 3.2ghz cpu speed :naughty:

argh :(
pre-built PC's make the baby jesus cry! :|

yeah well u can talk to my dad about it. If i tried making anything on my own i'd probably mess it up

JonTheCanuck said:
yeah well u can talk to my dad about it. If i tried making anything on my own i'd probably mess it up

It'd probably be better anyways, seeing all the trouble you're bound to have with an off-the-shelf :( You could of atleast gone with the Cicero custom designer thing..

Back