Which HL2.netters still play TF2 often?

SionST

Reaction score
Which the collapse of the HL2.net servers, we rarely get more than 2-3 of us in 1 game now, which is a pity, since the HL2 server games with 8 or more of us where a blast. If we can all get together, and all join an empty multiplay or jolt server sometime it'd be cool, so add your name if you'd be willing. We'll sort out the time when we have some names, ok? :thumbs:

I still regularly play although i usually stick to 2fort only servers,but i would like to join.

If there were organized games going I might join up.

I just don't play much due to other concerns and soldiers make my pyro butt cry.

I'm still a regular player too, occasionally stalking Psycho and Sam if I can't find any good teamplay on pubs... I'm on the list!

Now that I've got Steam and everything reinstalled, I'm going to try and play TF2 a bit more.

Got bored of TF2. Needs more maps, 6 maps for a commercial release multiplayer game is a joke (especially when you consider 2 of the maps are remakes of levels that were already played to death in TFC 8 years ago).

I usually only play on the-oc-gaming server. Good teamplay usually.

Australian Servers. I play more now since I have constant high fps :>

Me! I play with pimpin penguin and delusional occasionally. But it's never planned.

i play regulary, i would play more if more hl2netters were on.
css and dod:s are starting to take their hold again...

Got bored of TF2. Needs more maps, 6 maps for a commercial release multiplayer game is a joke (especially when you consider 2 of the maps are remakes of levels that were already played to death in TFC 8 years ago).

Nonsense. It's not quantity that counts, it's quality. Look at other multiplayer games, sure they may offer 20+ maps, but aren't all maps just more of the same? What makes DM-Shittygothicmap so different from DM-Randomspacestation in UT for example? Very little, mostly textures and placement of objects. Every map of TF2 feels distinct and is essentially a game mode on its own, with the exception of Well and Granary. Also, are all 20+ maps in all the other games actually being played? I mean, look at CS(S), it's dust, dust2 and.. well I honestly wouldn't know what else besides a load of shitty custom maps. All TF2 maps receive fairly similar playtime. Not to mention that Dustbowl and Hydro would constitute three separate maps in most other games.

The maps of TF2 are fine. Would more maps make it a better game? Sure. Is the game currently lacking in the amount of maps compared to other games? No.

I only got tf2 working a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still playing it, yes.

Unfortunately I missed the times when hl2.netter were playing much against each other, so I gladly sign up to the prohect you had in mind.

My game is doomed to crash every 15 minutes, so I decided to stop playing until they update the damn thing.

There are some brilliant customs maps out right now, I tend to just go in those servers.

i play in the 2fort only servers with pimpinpenguin, (blue smells).
but i play on the skyscraper maps too.

[Hl2.net] lizard

It freezes like that without any message (and the sound loops obviously) until I reboot my comp.

I wasnt really caring about it until I noticed it was ... "scheduled" every 15-20 min no matter what map I'm playing on..

/anger mode on

I've played Tf2 everyday since I got the beta in September :D

And, I have a stalker who hunts me through servers...

They say his name is Alkali...

It freezes like that without any message (and the sound loops obviously) until I reboot my comp.

I wasnt really caring about it until I noticed it was ... "scheduled" every 15-20 min no matter what map I'm playing on..

/anger mode on

How much RAM do you have, What graphics card do you have and What videos settings are you running in-game (low, high etc)

I'm down. I play a lot and if the time works I'll see ya there.

Everyone join this group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hl2nettf2

I'm about to make a special announcement regarding TF2 and/or New Year's Eve.

[edit] The announcement has been made. Play TF2 at any time on December 31st with other .netters to help ring in the New Year.

How much RAM do you have, What graphics card do you have and What videos settings are you running in-game (low, high etc)

Sigh :hmph:

1512mb, x2600 pro, Lowest everything except High models.

I dont beleive it has anything to do with my hardware. I'm used to getting the random bugs that dont even make sense.

When do you wanna get together Stig? I play a lot and usually avoid 2fort like the plague and play dustbowl a lot.

Even with the demise of the hl2.net servers I still waste away many late hours on this game.

Haven't had this much fun with an online shooter since BF1942.

When do you wanna get together Stig? I play a lot and usually avoid 2fort like the plague and play dustbowl a lot.

I plan on partaking in New Year's TF2 sometime between 10am and 5pm GMT-5. 2fort is quite fun if you have decent players i.e. teams that aren't half Sniper and half Engineer, and Dustbowl is by far my favorite map.

Huh mine roxor
512mb, 9550GE, models low tex med anti x2

Rookie question - is there something else I have to do to join besides click on 'Join this group'? The page reloads when I do, but the group doesn't show up in my list.

You have to do it though Steam. Search for the group then join it

Back