Who would win in a fight between Gordon Freeman and Batman?

T

Titar

Batman is pretty tough, but Gordon does have the HEV suit, combat experience and a crowbar (I guess plus a grav gun now).

Neither; they'd team up, and Batman and Gordy would pool their scientific knowledge to outsmart the diabolical Dr Breen, then Gordon would help Batman by gunning down the armies of thugs that his enemies continually throw at him... :E

Batman of course! None can beat him (except for Superman - but he's gay)

Gordon would be crying like a little girl.

Batman because he'd throw his little bat ninja star thing and knock the crowbar or gun out of Gordon's hand then kick his butt. Batman is an expert in hand-to-hand combat.

Its tough to say. Batman can tangle Gordon Freeman in his cloak. Plus, he talks.

Well, they're both scientists...so a draw there.

Gordon Freeman is good with guns and wears a HEV suit...

Batman is a crazy martial artist and has hundreds of gadgets, plus a freaking tricked out car and a crazy f*cking fighter jet...AND his armor has nipples...

Does the HEV suit have built-in nipples? No. I'm gonna have to go with Batman on this one.

Pressure said:
Batman because he'd throw his little bat ninja star thing and knock the crowbar or gun out of Gordon's hand then kick his butt. Batman is an expert in hand-to-hand combat.

Good point, but Gordon does have many backup weapons and a PHD in Physics.

You gotta be kidding - Alfred can kick Gordon's butt any day of the week.

So I don't want to even imagine what Batman can do...

Good point, but Gordon does have many backup weapons and a PHD in Physics.
What's he going to do with a PHD in Physics? Bore him to death? Take wind resistance into account and calculate the path of Batman's projectiles in under a second so he can dodge them? Seriously, who cares if you have a PHD in a fight... that is, unless it's in fighting styles.

Gordon has had to put up with an all-male super-facility, ravening aliens and skilled soldiers with bad colds. The man has definitely got balls of steel (they're used as ammunition for the gauss gun, alongside the uranium chargepacks).

Batman just has to cope with super villians, and occasionally angsty superheroes, alongside the usual cults and shadowy organisations. I ask you this; bereft of that jetpack, can the poncy git rocket jump?!

Who would survive in Black Mesa the longest? That's the question. Wayne, resplendant in his tight black leather and rubber, would be surrounded by the worrying clones of men who don't get out much. I suppose he'd have plenty of alien and sci repelant on his utility belt...

batman...

I mean, he has 20+ years of martial arts training, is VERY handy with batarangs, and disarming people.

gordons suit wouldn't help. for one thing, it doesn't protect his head. Mr. Freeze's suit amplified his strength 10fold and was still no match in a hand to hand fight.

Was Batman the on efighting his way through hundreds of different menacing and dangerous aliens and on top of that even the government with just a crowbar to start with? I don't think so!!! Besides now that Gordons got the manipulator I'll fix the weight limit in the console and kick Batmans arse!!!

gordon is in cryosleep or something like that...the gman could do wired things...think about kill bill *cough*

its actually quite a good question, because both rely heavily on equipment... but in the end, batman is a superhero and gordon is a scientist so batman would PWN completely.

now imagine playing HL and HL2 as batman... :)

It would go like this.

Twang....UNGh....
The crossbow is returning after all.

Or

Squish... RAWR *crunch*
Those ant lions are bothersome.

Even without proper prep time I think Gordon would win. Gordon has the burnanator gun, and the manipulator. Gordon could catch the bat-o-rangs and throw them back at Batman if need be. And all the bat-shark repelent in the world wouldn't do any good after a molecular dispersion.

That is assumeing Gordon doesn't have the Egon gun. Batman would Gib before he could get anything out of his belt.

Batman is a superhero but Gordon can keep a rocket launcher in his pants as well as some snarks. Batman has a few metal bits in his belt. Metal bits that won't do him any good as the gauss rifle can shoot through the batmobile and make batman do the ragdoll before he gets out.

Titar said:
Batman is pretty tough, but Gordon does have the HEV suit, combat experience and a crowbar (I guess plus a grav gun now).

Gordon 100%, batman sucks.

crabcakes66 said:
That would be horrible! :x

bah - you're telling me that if, after completing HL2 a number of times, someone found a 'cheat' that let you play as Batman, you wouldn't be excited??

I don't believe you for one milisecond :D

come on... gordon is a panzie! he just hides behinds all his weapons all day. Sure, batman would lose if it was a firefight...

BUT BATMAN DOESNT DO FIREFIGHTS!!!

he would stick to the shadows and stealthily sneak behind gordon, maybe using his skills to get above him or something. then with a quick swish he would have knowcked that crappy gun out of gordons hands and given him a swift uppercut to the jaw, then probally chucked and evil bat shuriken in his eye.

Gordon would get owned so badly.

now lets do garet vs. gordon!
theif would 0wnzor, even with the lack of technologhy. gordon doesnt have a helmet, therefore he is vulnerable to get stabbed :p

If Batman took away Gordons guns, Gordon would take off his sunglasses and make the sun his weapon by frying batman in his little rubber suit. :|

Gordon would use the grav gun on the ninja stars, then batman would run away like a lil gay pussy.

So it would be a draw.

You know why Batman won?

because so far the only reason people have been saying gordon would win is because of his arsenal.

But the thing is, batman is phisically better than gordon, and his stealth and combat skills are practically unparralleled among men... so therefore if batman was to catch gordont off guard, he would have floored him before gordon could have pulled out his gravity gun. then he would (if it was a battle to the death) bend gordons crowbar and use it to choke him slowly.

and if we are talking about an equipment war, remember that takes 3 full powered up shots of that experimental energy weapon (which is the most powerful attack in the game) to take down an attack copter. Now the Batmobile is much more armoured than one of those copters, so therefore we know that one powered up shot is not enough to destroy the bat car, or kill batman within it. It would probally damage it heavily though...

but by the time it takes gordonn to see the bat car, aim at the bat car, charge up ashot at the bat car, fire at the bat car, then recharghe and attempt to fire again Gordon is allready splattered over batmans windscreen.

and dont forget, even if batman was to get killed, robin would come up behind gordon and hit him over the head with a cinder block.

pwned :p

Suicide42 said:
and if we are talking about an equipment war, remember that takes 3 full powered up shots of that experimental energy weapon (which is the most powerful attack in the game) to take down an attack copter.

Wtf are you talking about? I took it down with one powered shot to the cockpit.

Back