Whoever who played HL2 beta or alphia or full verison you decide.

C

Ckabusk

How is the performence? Drop your specific system. I have ti4600 card and I am worrying that it will run crap like Halo.

woah....this thread is like retro...back to the "will my computer run teh HL2!!" threads

i got a pretty good machine..
p4 2.4c
1gig of ddr400
abit is-7 mobo
and it runs pretty smooth actually.

Halo hasn't been nearly as optimized as HL2 has. I wouldn't worry about it.

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
woah....this thread is like retro...back to the "will my computer run teh HL2!!" threads

lol.... oohh... those days :cheese:

Originally posted by bizzy420
i got a pretty good machine..
p4 2.4c
1gig of ddr400
abit is-7 mobo
and it runs pretty smooth actually.

You downloaded it? Please tell me you didn't use bittorrent, because if you did you would be helping it spread to others.

Originally posted by ElFuhrer
You downloaded it? Please tell me you didn't use bittorrent, because if you did you would be helping it spread to others.

I've never even seen a torrent of it, just mirc downloads.

He didnt do anything wrong. Pre release of HL2 is good to go now.

People who want to bittorrent it will, no matter the amount of people on...it just happens to go faster with alot of people on it.

I'm getting it at around 70kb/s.

its all over Mirc i didn't see bit torrents but i think thats where it came from

Originally posted by otomo
its all over Mirc i didn't see bit torrents but i think thats where it came from

mIRC -> Bittorrent

it all starts on mIRC

its unknown if its a single map with all the models and scripts, or is it the actual GAME w/ chapters, right?

images of the leak show a single level it looks like with the person using it trying to show off whatever random models/ sprites they can :\

lol where have you guys been? ITS ALL OVER bittorent. and i mean ALL OVER. hell i have links. but i won't post. dont' want to get banned :-(

yeah, i was wondering if it was the whole game or just a level?

The shit is 1.5gigs though, so...

PreRelease Beta? You gotta be kidding me! How much longer is this crap going to go on before Valve finally decides to release the damn game already...

First it was delayed, then it was the whole Munro and Chris chat, then the Source got stolen.. now this? Shesh, Valve, get it together and get the damn game out already because I for one will not play a buggy as shit prerelease game of the most anticipated title of the decade so far. I hope that the rest of you feel the same way and that those who actually downloaded an alpha build of a game not yet gone public get virii up the ying yang because it was probably released for that specific reason.

Grow up people and don't mess with something that doesn't belong to you, the game will be out WHEN IT'S DONE. Wait and then judge if the game was worth it, not from some unfinished code some moron stole to get a name for his loser self!!!!!

size

3.2 gigs... Not 1.5.. I wouldn't even bother downloading it...that's stupid size
Many maps.

d1_canals_01.bsp
d1_canals_02.bsp
d1_canals_end.bsp
d1_tempcanals_02.bsp
d1_town_01.bsp
d1_town_02.bsp
d1_town_03.bsp
d1_town_04.bsp
d1_town_05.bsp
d1_trainstation_01.bsp
d1_trainstation_02.bsp
d1_trainstation_03.bsp
d1_trainstation_05.bsp
d1_under_01.bsp
d1_under_02.bsp
d1_under_03.bsp
d1_under_04.bsp
d2_coast_01.bsp
d2_coast_02.bsp
d2_coast_03.bsp
d2_coast_04.bsp
d2_coast_04_dx60.bsp
d2_coast_05.bsp
d2_coast_06.bsp
d2_coast_07.bsp
d2_coast_08.bsp
d2_prison_01.bsp
d2_prison_02.bsp
d2_prison_03.bsp
d2_prison_04.bsp
d2_prison_05.bsp
d2_prison_06.bsp
d3_c17_03.bsp
d3_c17_04.bsp
d3_c17_05.bsp
d3_c17_06a.bsp
d3_c17_06b.bsp
d3_c17_07.bsp
d3_c17_08.bsp
d3_c17_09.bsp
d3_c17_10a.bsp
d3_c17_10b.bsp
d3_c17_11.bsp
d3_c17_12.bsp
d3_c17_13.bsp
d3_c17_14.bsp
d3_canals_01.bsp
d3_canals_02.bsp
d3_lab_01.bsp
d3_park_01.bsp
d3_under_01.bsp
devtest.bsp
devtest.vmf
e3_bugbait.bsp
e3_c17_01.bsp
e3_c17_02.bsp
e3_end.bsp
e3_hl2logo.bsp
e3_lab.bsp
e3_lab.vmf
e3_phystown.bsp
e3_seafloor.bsp
e3_techdemo_1.bsp
e3_techdemo_2.bsp
e3_techdemo_5.bsp
e3_techdemo_6.bsp
eli_lab.bsp
perftest.bsp
perftestb.bsp
testroom_commander.bsp
testroom_standards.bsp
trainingroom.bsp
zoo_extras.bsp
zoo_portal.bsp
zoo_shader.bsp

sweet jesus

why would valve even lie? they had to know it would get out. LIARS.

Damn, that's disappointing. So many maps. And I won't be downloading it because I'm a good little citizen.

Not worth getting. doesn't work worth a damn, sure, you can load up any map and wander around but that is about it. There is a map where you can get in a drive a buggy.. that is fun. Crashing thhrough windows etc. Again, it is definitely worth waiting.
DELETE

it works, people are in denial its a working beta read the news download it if you dont believe the news

Originally posted by TAZ
PreRelease Beta? You gotta be kidding me! How much longer is this crap going to go on before Valve finally decides to release the damn game already...

First it was delayed, then it was the whole Munro and Chris chat, then the Source got stolen.. now this? Shesh, Valve, get it together and get the damn game out already because I for one will not play a buggy as shit prerelease game of the most anticipated title of the decade so far. I hope that the rest of you feel the same way and that those who actually downloaded an alpha build of a game not yet gone public get virii up the ying yang because it was probably released for that specific reason.

Grow up people and don't mess with something that doesn't belong to you, the game will be out WHEN IT'S DONE. Wait and then judge if the game was worth it, not from some unfinished code some moron stole to get a name for his loser self!!!!!
I agree.I say we hunt down those sons of bitchs and beat the hell out of them.

Umm from what I have seen in screenshots..

While the game will not run like any scripted single player.

By loading maps.. you can infact interact with both environment and people

Driving buggies. Getting medic packs from medic by pressin "action". Being called by some guy with a rocket launcher into a room near the beach... etc.

It's out.. theres no pont denying that. Is it worth the download? No one can make that decision for you. The full game will still be worth purchasing. It is a wonderful product.

Back