Why can't Gman be Gordon?

Absinthe said:
(Although in the HL universe, anything is possible!)
Yes, you are correct! Why just the other day (before Steam decided to act strange and say I am can no longer use offline mode for no GOOD reason!) I got my dune buggy from Highway 17 stuck in the ceiling of the train terminal (you know, where everyone gets what appears to be food at what used to be a ticket booth...). Yes, you read that write, I got the car stuck in the ceiling (not on it or on the roof), and upside down WITHOUT falling, at that!

Given the above, Barney is the last clone in a series of clones (he killed off any others that survived Black Mesa), Dr. Kleiner really is Walter Bennett, Breen is Alyx from the future, Eli is either Lando Calrissian or some guy once called "Smithers", and the Gman is Agent G who is best friends with Agents J & K who all work for the MIB (think about it, in the movie Men In Black, they open a door in the middle of darkness which happens to be the I in MIB...now think about the endgame of HL2...)

But maybe Gman is Freeman... :rolleyes:

Gman is Gordon's darkside. Later on in Half-life 3, 4,...Gordon becomes more and more addicted to blood, gore, zombies, headcrabs, guns, bullets as his darkside becomes stronger. And afterward, he did a very terrible thing in the future and the result, he's being punished. Only his soul are free to travel around and that is the person named gman. He's coming back with his earlier time when only bit of bloodiness was into his mind, trying to re-guide the younger gman - Gordon - not to step on his false steps again, so he can be spare again. The way gman looks kinda old and exhausted is because his actually body is in hell and it burns to hot, he became to that sight. Sorry for bad English but basically it's my theory. Rate it. :cheers:

AnhTuanCool said:
Gman is Gordon's darkside. Later on in Half-life 3, 4,...Gordon becomes more and more addicted to blood, gore, zombies, headcrabs, guns, bullets as his darkside becomes stronger. And afterward, he did a very terrible thing in the future and the result, he's being punished. Only his soul are free to travel around and that is the person named gman. He's coming back with his earlier time when only bit of bloodiness was into his mind, trying to re-guide the younger gman - Gordon - not to step on his false steps again, so he can be spare again. The way gman looks kinda old and exhausted is because his actually body is in hell and it burns to hot, he became to that sight. Sorry for bad English but basically it's my theory. Rate it. :cheers:
Hmm...so the Gman really meant for Gordon to choose death at the end of HL rather than life? That way he wouldn't have to suffer...as much... :rolling: :rolleyes:

No, Gman is present to protect Gordon from falling like him (in the future) and eventually his soul (gman's soul) can go to heaven after all. And the story continue...

AnhTuanCool said:
No, Gman is present to protect Gordon from falling like him (in the future) and eventually his soul (gman's soul) can go to heaven after all. And the story continue...
Yes, I meant what I said to be a joke...

By the way, no comments on my lame-a$s Gman/Men In Black, copy/paste pic? How sad, I was hoping to get insulted on how bad it looks and then turn around and scream that I have Photo Editing Paralysis, which would then make the one who insulted me feel like crap (for it would be similar to trying to look cool after beating-up and then kicking a wheelchair-stricken blind, deaf, and mute)... ;(

AnhTuanCool said:
We are Gordon Freeman. We express emotions for him. He doesn't speak, we don't see him, as it's First Person Shooter, thus we can't see him smile or frown. We do that for him. If Gordon gets addicted to blood, we get addicted to blood. :p So no, bad theory.

Sulkdodds said:
There appears to be a rather long epilogue yet.
Yes, it seems at this point people are simply making smart comments or jokes about it; I fear to believe some still believe this (and that VALVe might actually go through with it...).

VALVe won't. If we will chant Gordon having an uber powerful kick-ass one shot G-Man killing weapon, they won't include. Developers aren't stupid; they check whether the fans have already though about it, and quickly change if fans already guessed a certain aspect of the game. For example if I now knew the secret of G-Man and would lay it out, VALVe would change that part of storyline.

iMMuNiTy said:
VALVe won't. If we will chant Gordon having an uber powerful kick-ass one shot G-Man killing weapon, they won't include. Developers aren't stupid; they check whether the fans have already though about it, and quickly change if fans already guessed a certain aspect of the game. For example if I now knew the secret of G-Man and would lay it out, VALVe would change that part of storyline.
I know. What I said was meant to be a joke...

Valve won't go through with it? Oh, I dunno. After they've made their millions and secured themselves as premier developers with Steam backing them up, they might just drop a turd like that on us and watch us squirm.

Gabe: "G-Man is Gordon, eh? Hmm... Marc, I need you to edit the script. No, seriously. Do it. Do it or you're fired."

They'll re-release the game a year down the road and call it "HL2: Director's Cut (sorry guys)" and charge twice the price.

Absinthe said:
Valve won't go through with it? Oh, I dunno. After they've made their millions and secured themselves as premier developers with Steam backing them up, they might just drop a turd like that on us and watch us squirm.

Gabe: "G-Man is Gordon, eh? Hmm... Marc, I need you to edit the script. No, seriously. Do it. Do it or you're fired."

They'll re-release the game a year down the road and call it "HL2: Director's Cut (sorry guys)" and charge twice the price.
Now that's hillarious!!! It'll be like finding out the Boba Fett is a clone, the Clone Wars have nothing to do with Mandalorians, the Force isn't mystical but just a bunch of bacteria in your blood, and Darth Vader was a stupid little brat.

Absinthe said:

lol

groovy...:farmer:

iMMuNiTy said:
This isn't Sims 2.

And I don't think you'd find hair dyes or contact lenses where G-Man exists.

haha ownage :D

*...has second thoughts about posting that site...*

that picture just proved that there is absolutley no resemblance.

No resemblance what so ever. A sure fire way to tell this (sorry if this has been posted before) Gordon has attached ear lobes, G-man has dangling ear lobes. I'm sorry but unless Freeman hits the lottery in aftermath and the whole plot of the game is escaping city 17 to find a cosmetic surgeon perform a stupid operation like that, which in that case i ain't buying it, then there is no way Gordon Freeman could be G-man.

Plus i'd think the earlier comment regarding the end conversation with g-man proves it too. Why would G-man threaten to kill himself?

If you look at the Gordon model from HL1 you see his hair is different from the concept for HL2, infact the HL1 hare looks a bit like the g-man's but the HL2 doesn't. maybe Valve are trying to make them more different.

Or maybe graphics weren't as good in those days, the golden age when hair was a solid block.

...And when NPCs were pointing to a location with a fist...

Sulkdodds said:
Or maybe graphics weren't as good in those days, the golden age when hair was a solid block.
not solid, the way it went down to a point in the middle.

Back