Why does everyone keep saying CRYSIS sux?

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
Seriously, why?

I haven't played the game as yet due to installation issues which I can't resolve. And from most reviews, it seems to be pretty good, with the issue of Crysis being a short game. Can I get a decent set of views from you people before I embark on this island (I really hope I do, this error message Object~1 is corrupted message is killing me..)

EDIT: And to Tyguy, I installed the game, from an original CD which to tell you the truth I did not buy as I borrowed it from a friend. It installs fine on my old laptop but gives errors saying .cab files are corrupted all the time on my main PC. I even tried transferring all the Cry files over to my PC via a lan cable but as I tried to run it, it gave me errors naturally saying dlls were missing and stuff.)

The majority of people who say they dont like it cant play it. Plain and simple. I played the demo on my older PC and had nothing but shit to say about it. Playing it with good frame rates and high quality, its one of the best games ive ever played.

can you expand on your error? Did you download the game or buy a physical copy?

www.incrysis.com

It's more to do with the fact that it's a competent FPS but is hailed to be god like cos of it's graphics however the people that say it sucks are usually the ones that can't play it :|

It's an average game and anyone who disagrees with me can burn. It doesn't do anything too bad and it doesn't do anything terrifically well, it's just average.

Aye, people resent the money it costs to play the game at decent settings. I'm one of them. There's no doubt that Crysis is a good game, but there isn't a gaming rig out there that can run it with high settings at a silky frame rate, which both sucks balls and speaks volumes about the current state of pc gaming.

i would enjoy it more if it was optimized. heck it still looks good on medium settings

Game sucked on my computer but I still think it's a great game. Wish i could play it with nice frame rates =(

I can play it with nice framerates (not no high settings though), and I liked it. The ending was a great dissapoiontment though.

It's a great game, but the fact soldiers take fifty bullets before they die kind of ruined it for me. Delta is extremely fun.

It's a prettier version of Far Cry, it doesn't suck, but it's not all that amazing either

i loved the game. Im very hard when it comes to give good scores to games, and only like deep imersive singeplayer games. Crysis lived up to my standards. It was just amazing how the game progressed, it really felt like i was there. Everyday i couldnt wait to get home to play some more. The game grew and grew and amazed me and then i had an orgasm. Had TONS of great gaming moments.

I guess most people dont like it simply because the graphics are TOO good that they cant play it, therefore feel justified in bashing it because the majority cant play it. Well maybe the game wasnt for the majority...maybe it was made for rich ****ers like me.

Cant wait for the sequel

I absolutely loved it. It was leaps and bounds better than Far Cry. But having a PC that can run it on high settings helps...

I played it on high settings and I thought it was a very average shooter. It was Far Cry 1.5 with some very bad AI. Every time I was at a distance with the silencer shooting Koreans, they'd put their backs to me and start walking backwards (towards me). After the obligatory 20-30 rounds the guy would finally die and I'd do the same thing to the next.

If I decided to get closer, I could just cloak grab a Korean, run off behind cover, uncloak, kill him, repeat. The Koreans had no idea what I was doing. It was just sad.

I was hoping the AI would be stepped up for Delta, but it wasn't. I went through most of the Korean part without firing a single bullet. I either tranq'ed them and killed them or I grabbed them.

It's just another overhyped game that everybody has flocked to due to graphics.

I wanted to try out Crysis & so I downloaded the Demo. True, I got very low fps, like on average between 17 & 32, but I just simply didn't enjoy it. Before someone here says that the reason I didn't enjoy it was simply because it ran so choppy, let me just say that while such a comment sounds reasonable, I am used to having poor overall gameplay in most of the games I play, for the sole reason I insist to crank every option up. So @ 24 fps, Crysis was playable for me. (Of course that was with all settings set to medium & only at 1024x768 with no AA or AF)

I like the audio & visuals ingame.
I loved the idea of the suit.
I loved the easy interface to mod your weapons.
Destroying stuff ingame is always nice.

And then...

The first time I shot an enemy from cover, while aiming at his head of course, after being hit, all the guy did was stand there & repeat "Huh?" until I stepped out from cover & then BAM! it's like i'm wearing one of those day-glo orange hunting vests on with a neon sign above me saying "Shoot Me!" The enemy would then wake up & proceed to own my arse, that is after I wasted half a clip into the guy at semi-close range. No, he is just wearing what looks to be a standard uniform, while I look like the Bionic Man from the year 2050 & so, one would think that I can take a little more than the average amount of damage. Nope.

The game simply didn't grab me from the get go.

-MRG

The Korean Superweapons are one of the things that absolutely suck about the game.

Despite having upto date drivers and the most current tech, it has problems running in medium settings, mainly because it requires much more optimizing

High system requirements is the main thing that killed Crysis' sales. Sure, it's one of the best looking games on the market today, but that doesn't matter if you don't have a rig that can play it.

Plus, the storyline was mediocre throughout the first 3/4 of the game and sucky towards the last quarter.

The majority of people who say they dont like it cant play it. Plain and simple. I played the demo on my older PC and had nothing but shit to say about it.
That's not the whole story. I played Crysis for about 8 hours and frankly it bored me to tears after the first hour. It's an excellent demo of your PC's power, but it's a mediocre game all round.

High system requirements is the main thing that killed Crysis' sales. Sure, it's one of the best looking games on the market today, but that doesn't matter if you don't have a rig that can play it.

Plus, the storyline was mediocre throughout the first 3/4 of the game and sucky towards the last quarter.

it was marketed to promote the new cryengine graphics. so the hype is more so on the graphics then the game itself. thus the reason why people dont buy it, because they cant play with all the goodies.

even before this game was released i didnt understand what the fuss was all about besides graphics.

well i played and finished that game on medium/high settings and to me it was all flash.

they made so much embarrasing mistakes! it was full of bugs and i didn't enjoy the story line, but its not a bad game

Soldiers died for me with 1 or 2 headshots.
A thing called Body Armour kinda stops bullets you know?

The graphics are amazing, it's pretty open, and the physics are awesome. It's not just the graphics, the engine is amazing!

I found it very medicore. The graphics were good, but nothing to drool over. Gameplay was pretty lame to be honest. Their "innovations" werent that innovative. You can jump higher than in other games, run faster than in other games, and punch down shitty paperthin buildings.

Whoop-dee-doo.

Flying that ship was lame, inside the alien ship was cool for about 3 minutes then I got annoyed because I kept going in circles because I was disoriented.

I think Yahtze was pretty spot on in his ZP on the game.

wtf happened to my post?! Goddamit I hate php.:angry: (I don't feel like re-typing it)

People are expecting the best game ever, only to get mediocrity. They get pissed.

I played it on high settings and I thought it was a very average shooter. It was Far Cry 1.5 with some very bad AI. Every time I was at a distance with the silencer shooting Koreans, they'd put their backs to me and start walking backwards (towards me). After the obligatory 20-30 rounds the guy would finally die and I'd do the same thing to the next.

If I decided to get closer, I could just cloak grab a Korean, run off behind cover, uncloak, kill him, repeat. The Koreans had no idea what I was doing. It was just sad.

I was hoping the AI would be stepped up for Delta, but it wasn't. I went through most of the Korean part without firing a single bullet. I either tranq'ed them and killed them or I grabbed them.

It's just another overhyped game that everybody has flocked to due to graphics.
This is exactly what i was going to say.

Can you post a bigger version of your avatar for the quote/post below please Sparta? :|
wtf happened to my post?! Goddamit I hate php.:angry: (I don't feel like re-typing it)
I, (or the computer) botched up the perfect, Crysis hating post, and I can't remember it anymore. My brain needs a RAM upgrade.:p

I liked the demo, minus the optimizing issues. Not a must-buy, but if my computer could run it well enough I would get it.

I thought it was shite, and I could play it. Everything turned up high running in 1680x1050.

The problem for me was it was just a boring game. I mean, how much fun is it for soldiers 5 miles away to be shooting at you through 5 trees?

Load of shite. A perfect example of why games don't need good graphics to rock.

I think needing a PC that will cost several thousand in order to run it is a valid reason to think the game sucks.

I can't say I enjoy it that much, it runs perfectly on my PC on 'High' settings for the most part... it just plays like a year or two old FPS. Quite pretty though.

I think needing a PC that will cost several thousand in order to run it is a valid reason to think the game sucks.

I don't think that's a valid reason. Gaming history is specked with games with the same backdrop as Crysis; People screamed that the game was too intensive graphically and just dismissed it as a result thereof. Well, I remember playing Quake on a sucky machine. My brother set the texture quality as low as possible (I think it was r_lod), and even then, it was an amazing game. The problem with Crysis, however, is that it relies on the graphics. For example, it's not gonna be fun if the game engine culls all bushes, etc that the enemy uses to hide in or sneak around in. I kind of see your point and kind of don't, I guess. What disappointed me was the "optimization patch" - Didn't do much if any difference at all.

I thought it was shite, and I could play it. Everything turned up high running in 1680x1050.

The problem for me was it was just a boring game. I mean, how much fun is it for soldiers 5 miles away to be shooting at you through 5 trees?

Load of shite. A perfect example of why games don't need good graphics to rock.

i thought it was cool that you can shoot trees and make htem fall, i tried crushing a few people like that.. it never worked lol

I loved it, and now I love it even more since I got an uber PC to run it on. I just like the suit combos you can perform, when it all goes to plan especially on delta, it's crazy good fun : D.

Back