Wii U Woes

Warped Dan

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
So got my Wii U from my girlfriend for my bday/Xmas gift early. Turn it on and try to install the new update and almost a week later still can't update the system which leaves it still very bare bones. I can make Mii's and play games, but the fun part of going online and such is still not installed or downloaded on my system. Checked all the Error Codes which hasn't helped but if anyone has insight into how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. It also seems as if Nintendo is blocking out search results as some companies seem to be doing that lately.

I read somewhere (I think it was Kotaku) that some users were experiencing massive download times (4+ hours). Are you leaving the console on for an extended period whilst updating to make sure it downloads everything?

I think I heard someone mention (can't remember who, so don't quote me on this) that some people's consoles have been bricked due to them turning off the console during the update. But since you can make Mii's and play games it doesn't sound like you've bricked it.

ok, got some good news. Its updating now (finally! after about one whole week of having the system) its at about 80 % downloaded but it still keeps stopping here and there. This is much better than the 20% I was floating at for ages. I recommend anyone who wants the system, is to simply wait. This is one of the worst launch consoles I have ever seen.

Jesus what's the point in getting a console if you have to deal with updates and connection issues and shit? I thought the point of a console was to be easy. Thanks a lot, Obama!

I feel sorry for those that get this Christmas morning. They get to plug it in and wait for a 4 hour update, plus the servers will probably be overloaded and it won't work anyways.

I feel sorry for those that get this Christmas morning. They get to plug it in and wait for a 4 hour update, plus the servers will probably be overloaded and it won't work anyways.
That's hilarious!

Presumably new games will come with systems updates on them, so all they need is to have a Christmas release with the console.

Back