Will there be a HL 3?

No news on that so far I know. Lately it's popular to bring out a sequel very shortly affter a succesfull release. Gta-vice city... but also in movies. The matrix... So maybe it comes out within one year after the release of hl2. So thats in april 2006.

Reason i was asking is cause i just read on a HL 2 faqs page that HL 3 has been confirmed it didnt give a link though.

I remember reading a HL3 confirmation way back (though no other details were given), so we're to expect cliff hanger endings at the end of HL2 then!

-Kornflake™

Originally posted by Kornflake™
I remember reading a HL3 confirmation way back (though no other details were given), so we're to expect cliff hanger endings at the end of HL2 then!

-Kornflake™
yes it's actually confirmed by Gabe, that there will indeed be a HL3, Hl2 will have a cliffhanger ending (this is no spoiler its a known fact from waaaay back when Hl2 came to light in some of the first interviews)

The story should already be written, I think we can compare it to the first (4, 5 and 6) Star Wars movies, while episode 4 is a stand alone, episode 5 and 6 are basically one movie and so will be Hl2 and Hl3.

well, if valve dosent make as much off hl2 as hl1, then i wouldnt count on it. i'm not saying no, just dont count on it.

you have to consider they took a ton or all of the money from hl1 and put it into hl2. therefore they have to make as much as before just to break even. therfore, they really need to make more than they did with hl1.

yes but look at how popular HL has become due to CS, DoD, TFC and various other mods, a friend in my clan is actually playin thru HL1 coz he bought hl just for cs. this is so that he knows the story for when HL2 comes out.

i think HL2 sales will surpass HL1 sales, i can safely say that i AM getting HL2

I don't think they've put ALL their earned money into HL2, HL1 sold 8 million times, if you say Valve gets 10 dollar per copy it comes to 80 million. That's a huge budget for any game, even for a movie.

Half-Life 2 dicussion? I think not. ;)

Moved to off-topic.

Back