Windows not rexognizing usb devices?

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I noticed this last night when I tried to plug in my ipod, it would charge but it didn't show up as a device. Well I restarted my computer, and now my keyboard and mouse won't work on the login screen, but do work in the bios, and are indeed on.

Can anyone here help me with this? Maybe a fresh install of windows, or what?

Go into device manager and post a screenshot of what it says under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

Do any of them change when you plug in a device? I hope you have a back up PS2 adapter / mouse :p

Had this problem as well on my computer. Not sure which one ultimately solved it anymore, but it was either disabling enhanced C1E state in my BIOS(should be under CPU/power options), or it was disabling 'USB selective suspend' in Windows power options. To disable USB selective suspend: Control panel>Power options>Change plan settings>Advanced>USB settings>USB selective suspend.
You might want to look for BIOS updates for your motherboard as well, look at the changelog to see if anything USB-related has been improved.

My iPod has never worked reliably on my computer though(resetting connection while copying etc), but problems with other usb devices are gone now.

Back