(WIP) Taurus PT 92

vakuum

Reaction score
I'm just testing 3dsmax one more time..
I'm trying to make a ok model..
BTW: this is my first "good" model ever..
all the other stuff has just been "fooling around" stuff..

Here is the first image..
wip1.jpg

I will keep updating this thread.

nice start.. looks very nice. the polycount looks nice to!

The only problem I have is that I always want to do everything..
coding, 3d, design, etc, etc...
Hope i will get this one done..

New update..
The "top" is now 95% done..

wip2.jpg

Now it's 4 july here =)
This means i'm 18 now.. woho!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

But.. here is a little update.. the top is now done.

wip3.jpg

I've one comment, is this for a mod, if so you do not need the little ridges inside the weapon...

I'm rendring with vray..
vray free rendre everything "2-sided"..
The model is actually perfect for a game. :)

That's right..
The gun is quite perfect for half-life2 I think..
Right now it's about 1100 faces.
I dont know if faces are the same as "polygone's", but i think so.

wip5.jpg

Apply a "Turn to Poly" modifier to it and set the No. of sides to 3. I think most games use triangles rather than quads. This will give you an accurate display of how many polys your model is.

Also don't forget if this is for a first person weapon (rather than a third person view) then you don't actually need any polygons that the player won't see, so you could possibly delete the polys on the right side of the gun (the ones facing away from the players view) allowing you to add even more detail.

Originally posted by SpamSaviour

Also don't forget if this is for a first person weapon (rather than a third person view) then you don't actually need any polygons that the player won't see, so you could possibly delete the polys on the right side of the gun (the ones facing away from the players view) allowing you to add even more detail.

well, really I don't think this is good practice, until you have the model animated...as shown in the famous Duel Lightsabre model by the equally Famous Scarecrow, this was a good model, the only problem with it was that it'd show some of the deleted polies in the animations...so wait until they are done before you start deleting polies willy nilly...

the animations could be like some of those action movies..

they click a button.. the clip drops.. and they slap one in again.. dont have to move the gun for that.. thus everyone is happy

yes, but you couldn't have that for ever animation could you :cheese:... no

every animation has to be set out before you delete polies...!

I think having no or yes at both the end and start of your sentence is illegal.. therefore you are the weakest link.. goodbye

Originally posted by Ender
I think having no or yes at both the end and start of your sentence is illegal.. therefore you are the weakest link.. goodbye

wow, we are witty today aren't we...
and this is my last comment on you, as for:
1. this is no thread
2. I don't like to spam

and get your own sayings....mate!

its not spam.. im just stating the obvious.. you on the other hand are making spam.. by saying you hate spam.. you spamer..

to stay on topic ill just say something like: that model is nice.. or something

Nice work on the model but there is 1 thing I notice right off that is incorrect.

If you look at the attached imag you can see where I circled some of the top polys on the weapon. These should actually be the Barrel since the top of the slide is open on this weapon.

I agree with stone on the deleted polys being able to be seen during a reload. While you could do it like you suggested I think it would look unnatural.

arg, well spotted newton... I thought something was wrong, just couldn't put finger on it ..... and for the reload animation you will need to include the inside of the barrel etc for when the weapon is open...

I've never owned a Taurus but they are exactly like the Berretta 92fs and I owned for for about 4 years ............. Long story to why I got rid of it lets just say she isn't around anymore.

hmm.. that is actually correct..
my softgun model is a bit larger on the top, but my other images are like you said..

Perfect ........ Excellent work.

I was going to post a Micro-Uzi I was doing but I'm not so sure now ;)

looks great!, but it looks like you modeled alot detail that's ually skinned on. how many polys is it?

Originally posted by vakuum
hmm.. how can i "turn to poly" with 3 sides?

In the options for the Turn to Poly modifier, check the Limit Polygon Size box and enter 3 for the Max Size, this will turn all your polys into triangles rather than quads.

Originally posted by Stone
well, really I don't think this is good practice, until you have the model animated...as shown in the famous Duel Lightsabre model by the equally Famous Scarecrow, this was a good model, the only problem with it was that it'd show some of the deleted polies in the animations...so wait until they are done before you start deleting polies willy nilly...

Well I didn't mean for him to delete polys that he thought were going to be visible at any time. I did say polys that were not going to be visible :thumbs:

The faces are now about 1800..
But very much of the model is going do be deleted if it's used in a mod..(40% or so..)

Btw.. this is my first model, and i'm maby planing to make more..
If anyone have a good mod team, and a better mod idea. tell me =)
Anyway.. If someone want to texture this model, just say it out loud.

If no mod team say that they want this model in their mod (In 1 day or so), I will give it out free on this forum..
This is cause it's not soo cool to have a model in a mod, when the model is free for everyone...

wip8.jpg

wip9.jpg

Just found out that the gun was to "thin"..
Hope this is better?
Comments please =)

Just need som more details now, and then it's texturing time..

wip10.jpg

That is a sweet model! Do some futuristic style (but not too futuristic) modding to it and it could feature in Hostile Freedom

hmm.. laser is almost everything that can be made to it..
maby dual laser gun's.. would be sweet

I hope the engine supports some kind of laser aiming system, would be awesome u know! I'm working on a M4 with 203 and silencer, then i can add a laser targeting system to it :)

Just the idea i got now..
the other players just see the red dot,,
but you see the dot and a thin red line from your gun.. would be damn cool.
and.. with dual laser guns :afro:

Back