WIP-thread.

DjBourgeoisie that looks very cool. I love the sun on the horizon :D ...

-dodo

Nice stuff. I have a map called cs_Verano in the layout stage right now. Once I put in the details, I will put up some screens.

DjBourgeoisie said:
Map I am making for my mod, still very much a wip.
deadfarmhouse00314ri.jpg

I love this house, it almost looks real, great work. All of you probably dont know me but I started making a map for HL2, then due to time and PC problems I have not been able to work on it or gain any expirience, But in a few months I'll be getting a monitor (which I dont have, just bought a tower) then I'll be able to start mapping for CSS and HL2/DM. Just letting you all know, incoming noob, and all of you great work, I wish I could make a map like that.

Sudano said:
I love this house, it almost looks real, great work. All of you probably dont know me but I started making a map for HL2, then due to time and PC problems I have not been able to work on it or gain any expirience, But in a few months I'll be getting a monitor (which I dont have, just bought a tower) then I'll be able to start mapping for CSS and HL2/DM. Just letting you all know, incoming noob, and all of you great work, I wish I could make a map like that.

It's even more fun to play in :p

Might have already seen this elsewhere...DoD:Source map I'm working on:

fuzzdad_map.jpg

there is so much talent here that really goes unnoticed
mainly because no one teams up
join together -map your own levels and then make a great game

Just had to post this, although you may not like it. By the way, no fancy shadows on the barrels et cetera. My computer is useless.

813992de_greathall0000.jpg

626120de_greathall0001.jpg

855727de_greathall0002.jpg

quite nice- add a 3d skybox and it will look even better

Woah! Fuzzdad! that looks unbelievable! and how did you start to make a map for dod:s <_<

and venific that looks really cool

I have three offical dod 1.3 maps (glider, flugplatz and falaise). As part of the beta test team I was given all the files needed to start mapping. This particular map should be released a few weeks into October.

wip map

This was a hl2sp map i was working on, but for the time I have held it off because i dont have the time and i dont like getting into that phase of intense mapping where i shut myself out from the world.

Heres the buildings that were in it - not very complete

I may finish it sometime in the future.

Looking good. In my mind it still is lacking some in some areas. Looking good though :)

i like what you've done to make the building facades interesting though that displacement on the steps in the 3rd pic is messed up. it looks like you started with a single flat surface and dragged the vertexes down. maybe try two or even 4 brushes, at an angle to each other to lessen the texture stretching

UltraProAnti said:
i like what you've done to make the building facades interesting though that displacement on the steps in the 3rd pic is messed up. it looks like you started with a single flat surface and dragged the vertexes down. maybe try two or even 4 brushes, at an angle to each other to lessen the texture stretching

Oh dude thats a good idea, I was wondering why the decals would stretch like that when i would place them on the displacements. Yeah, I'll fix that when i can.

Haha, thought this thread woulden't make it ;) Left the forum and never looked back again ;) Well well... I'm gonna go through the thread and see what has been shown while I was some where else on the net...

Anyway, something I've been working on the last few days. The pics are a bit old, so there's really no need to comment any oddity cause I have probably already taken care of it.

htire00148kq.jpg

htire00158vf.jpg

htire00359dj.jpg

htire00363gf.jpg

how do i make maps for dod:source? the only options i get are cs:s hl2 and hl2dm

for dod:s the sdk isnt out right now, just wait and see....

town10000.jpg

town10004.jpg

town10001.jpg

doesnt have a name yet only brush work and some texturing, about 20% done, but im expanding it into a small town, with access to almost all the building's in some way or another ,it will be for DM most likely forcing close combat .. camp in your favourite part of town kinda thing.

I just looked over all of these WIPs, and they all look amazing. Great stuff, guys. You inspire me to start mapping.

Looking at all these maps makes the maps I've been making look like poo. Guess I should just stick to modelling. :|

Anyway, here are some of the maps I tried making. I'll just post some overviews of the first two.

de_satellite - Some Satellite facility in the mountains.

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/5341/satelliteover5is.jpg

cs_hotel - Basically a big hotel.

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/6487/hotelover2rf.jpg

de_streets - Newest map, might try and finish this one some day. Sort of a cross between dust/inferno and some italy.

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/3431/streetsover0vt.jpg
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/2213/streets19en.jpg
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/5096/streets29vu.jpg

looking good, I had trouble with the layout of that other map I was making, I was kindof just making it up as I went along which didnt work out. So I planned something else out and have been putting this together instead.

dm_waterway003.jpg

dm_waterway2.jpg

dm_waterway004.jpg

dm_waterway0028.jpg

wow.... awesome compared to my little attempts of mapping :)

in fact i think im going to go make something now, not that ill get very far ;)

DjBourgeoisie said:
of which map crispy
Lol I just realised this thread became the "unofficial, official" WIP Thread. To reply (I orginally asked for layout shots/concepts):

I meant the chem plant screens. Just interested to see how it might work, especially how you might integrate the second tier sections into it.

Back