Would you be dissapointed if they didn't release CS2?

hegele

Reaction score
Counter Strike Source looks really cool, don't get me wrong, like most of you I can't wait to play it. But how far can they push 'prosthetics' of the same levels until everyone looses interest? CS:S is the same game all around, just with a few more interesting additions, but way back when they showed us HL2 for the first time at E32K3, I couldn't imagine what they had in store with the mods, esspecially CS and DoD. A year later i'm fearing that CS:S might be the best were gonna get outta the franchise.

I was looking forward to vehicals and tons of new elements, like maybe bot civilians, really large maps, new ways of winning and so on. I hope they don't just release CS:S and gracefully add small updates afterward.

I would be pretty upset if they didn't take the CS name to a new level. Even if players dont want vehicals and insane elements that shadow all recongnition of the CS name, at least they can stick with CS:S.

an example:

de_dust is still being played after 5 years and is still the most popular map. tens of thousands of people play de_dust daily, as well as most of the other original maps. enhancing them like they are now can easily last cs another 5 years. cs fans arent going anywhere.

i would prefer them to add different modes and stuff to cs:s instead of a cs2, so no, i wouldnt be upset if they didnt release cs2 unless they didnt update cs:s

If they make CS:S too much different from the original CS then you'll have fanboys complaining they changed too much. Happened with UT and UT2003/4.

For CS:S I'm expecting little more than updated graphics and maps.

I expect much more from CS2.

I expect CS2 to have a Single Player like CZ, but better. Try and put a storyline to it maybe. Also to have new features and replace guns and what not. I wouldn't mind if the got rid of the AK or Colt aslong as there was a suitable replacement.

guinny said:
an example:

de_dust is still being played after 5 years and is still the most popular map. tens of thousands of people play de_dust daily, as well as most of the other original maps. enhancing them like they are now can easily last cs another 5 years. cs fans arent going anywhere.

Not to nitpick, but Narby overthrew Dave J with de_aztec quite some time ago :) aztec is the #1 most played map there is

To tell the truth....I really don't care if they do or do not release it.I'm just gonna stick with CSS.

I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed if they didnt release an all new cs(CS2) as long as HL2 has it's own unique multiplayer that uses the new engine to showcase new multiplayer possibilities, either that or Team Fortress 2, but i'm not totally content with just having source engine updates to pre-existing games, although they will be quite good but at this point I expect more from Valve. I'm excellent at making run-on sentences.

p.s. Shuzer you're avatar is freaking me out, is that from the movie the ring or the japanese version ringu(whatever it's called)?? Change it now! :(

ThomasToad said:
p.s. Shuzer you're avatar is freaking me out, is that from the movie the ring or the japanese version ringu(whatever it's called)?? Change it now! :(

It's from Ring 2.. the best scene in the entire movie, IMO :)

CS:S will be the best thing Counter-Strike fans will be getting... ever.

CS 2 looks like it's going to be Battlefield 1942 in an urban setting, as they plan on much larger maps, vehicles, and other newbish features that really destroy what made CS good and try to duplicate what made Battlefield 1942 a haven for newbies.

CS2 is a different type of game. They aren't trying to replicate the gameplay of CS (that's what CS:S is for). So, they are going to do quite a few things that "destroy what made CS good." If you want vanilla CS you'll play CS:S. If you want a true sequel to CS (something with more than just upgraded graphics/physics) you'll try CS2.

Besides, we barely know anything about CS2. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about it, unless I missed a big official CS2 announcement from Valve.

If by "barely know anything" you mean "know nothing," than I agree. As we know absolutely nothing.

Well, we think we know it exists but we can't be 100% sure about that because of the way Valve employees word their answers... and if it does exist, it will have to be different from CS:S.

That's about all we know.

did anyone from valve confirm that their was development for a CS2?

Valve haven`t confirmed anything about CS2.

Who cares anyway? CS Source isnt even released, and now you want CS2?

CS Source will have the same gameplay, nice graphics, probably bots, ++++ what more can you want?

Hopefully CS2 will take full advantage of the Source™ engine, but then with vehicles it would basicly be BF2 :O

I could think of something like CS:CZ for CS:S to be CS2. (LOL CS:CS:CS everywhere D:)

I wouldnt like to see huge jungle maps in CS. If they want to do some big huge jungle with big dirty tunnels and everywhere places to hide, they should create a completly new game :X

Well why not just have Cs:S take full advantage of the source engine?
I mean we will be able to make bigger maps. I mean even in the earlier days of cs there where vehiciles(Jeepathon!) We could make them better and easier probably with source. (Even if Cs:S dont come with them, mappers can still add them in).
And if that does happen BF2 will be known as "A copy of Cs:S"
Muahahhaah!
Screw over BF2 for the hell of it (Even though BF2 does look pretty good)

If they released cs2, I would liked if it was in a near future. NOT like a starwars laser weapon future, but like in hl2 kinda future:D and u where using weapons that are prototypes now and stuff...

Back