WoW Hacker?

Minister

Spy
Reaction score
Recently I have received some emails on my old email account from Blizzard. All of them look pretty official so it's got me curious.

The first, in which the card used is not mine. I have checked my bank account and no money has gone missing. I have also never attempted to purchase Starcraft 2.

?Hello, thank you for shopping at the Blizzard Store!

StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty™: 8674089115008724674550981

To use this key to activate the game, simply follow these instructions:

* Create a Battle.net account (or if you already have one, log in) at http://us.worldofwarcraft.gameredemption.us/login.html
* Verify your e-mail address. (If you have previously verified your address, skip this step.) From the main Account Management page, click the 'verify this e-mail address' link. Then, check your e-mail account for a verification e-mail. Click the link in this e-mail to verify your e-mail address.
* Return to the Battle.net account management page, then click on 'Code Redemption'.
* Enter the above CDKey in the code field.
* Once you have successfully redeemed this code, you will be able to play the game.

NOTE: If you have previously chosen to gift your digital purchase, attaching this key to their Battle.net account will prevent you from being able to redeem this key with your Battle.net account.

===========================================
Purchase Receipt
Customer Account: (My Email Address)
Order Date: 2010-8-3
Order #: 0442250

(1) StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty™ - $59.99

Credit Card Number : ****-****-****-7038
Credit Card Type : Visa
Item Subtotal: $59.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Shipping Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $59.99

If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact us at:

Phone: Toll-free at (1-800-592-5499 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-592-5499      end_of_the_skype_highlighting)

Live phone support is available seven days a week, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific Time.

Thanks for shopping with us!
Blizzard Customer Service

The second is concerning my account security. I can still login using my regular details so I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Greetings!
This is an automated notification regarding the recent change(s)
made to your World of Warcraft account. When you receive this message that means there are serious security risks with your account.
However,if you did NOT make changes to your password,we recommend you click http://www.worldofwarcraft.com to Login and verify your password.
If you are unable to verify your password .
using the automated system, please contact Billing & Account Services at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499) Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm Pacific Time or at [email protected]. Account security is solely the responsibility of the account holder.
We encourage you to keep the following security tips in mind when playing a Blizzard game on any computer:
- Use up-to-date firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware software to scan your system regularly for viruses, Trojans, and key-loggers.
- Keep your operating system and other software up-to-date and be careful when downloading new software.
- Be wary of “spoof” and scam websites and e-mails that pose as Blizzard Entertainment and request account or personal information. As a reminder, Blizzard Entertainment representatives will *never* ask you for your password.
- Use separate, unique passwords for your email, Battle.net account, and any other online accounts.
If you are looking for an added layer of security, we currently offer the Blizzard Authenticator, an optional device that can help prevent unauthorized account access.

Regards, World of Warcraft Support Team
Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment

Finally, I received this today.

Hello,

A Character Faction Change is now pending for the World of Warcraft account (My Email Address). Please allow several days for the faction change process to complete. An email will be sent to you when it is done. You can also track the status of your request by signing into the Transaction page here: http://us.worldofwarcraft.factionconfirm.us/faction-change-status.html.

Below is a summary of the transaction, which you may want to keep for your records.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World of Warcraft Account Name: (My Email Address)
TRANSACTION ID: 42187282

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the following additional information:

- This account is not available for play while the faction change is pending.
- If you did not make this transaction, you should immediately check your account to prevent character lost.
- This account cannot change factions again until 3 days have elapsed.
- You can review this and other Account Management transactions by logging into Account Management and going to your Transactions page at https://us.worldofwarcraft.factionconfirm.us/faction-change-status.html.
- For more details on Character Faction Change, refer to the Character Faction Change FAQ located at http://us.blizzard.com/support/arti...parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2327.

You can find World of Warcraft Account Management at: http://us.worldofwarcraft.factionconfirm.us/battlelogin.html

We hope you enjoy your new faction!

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Team
Blizzard Entertainment

My WoW account subscription has expired and I'm not sure whether you can do character transfers when it's frozen.

These have all gone to my old email address which I no longer use for Blizzard. I can login into an account using that email address and my WoW Account password but it says no games are linked to the account.

It's all in dollars and links me to US Account Management which is odd as I have an EU account. Unless it has something to do with Battle Net.

Just noticed at the bottom of the first and third email is text written in white so I can only see it when I highlight.

First: Message Identity ID: h8ir.hszd.2jvrmsql9yldjv
Third:mailkey wmx4i8.b1qipana.hv3c

Any ideas?

Website addresses in the first and third emails are clearly bollocks.

Fun fact: gameredemption.us is registered in new delhi.

Those are all phishing emails. I get about 3 of these per day and my account has been deactivated for a couple years. You can tell by the fake web addresses. Even the one that shows as (www.worldofwarcraft.com) is a fake. Just hover over it and look at the bottom of your browser. The real address will be www.wow-admin-gimmeyourkeys.com.

Cheers for clearing it up, I didn't click on any of the links just in case.

Never had any before so didn't really know what to expect.

Contact Blizzard as well. Just send them a report, they're pretty quick with this kind of thing.

Also, change your password after youve done a virus check or something.

The way I got hacked was by key loggers, atleast we thought. Blizzard sorted me out though.

Website addresses in the first and third emails are clearly bollocks.

Fun fact: gameredemption.us is registered in new delhi.

How did you check that?

I get scam emails from "Blizzard" telling me that apparently I can get a FREE SHINY FLYING MOUNT if I login to some chinese site with my battle.net info. They're all phishing.

I got hacked once, but an Authenticator fixed that. At least the hacker didn't **** with my Mage. If he ****ed with my Mage I would have nerdraged.

Considering that email seems to be getting targeted and the phishy emails are difficult to differentiate from the real thing I would change your battle.net / WoW or whatever email address over to something else or set up some custom filters.

Back