Wow I just realized....

Zeus

Tank
Reaction score
I was just cleaning out my hard drive and noticed that Steam was taking up about 2 gigs! I think thats a pretty big waste of space. You can DL the new videos from fileplanet and the steam versions of HL suck, there's nothing but constant lock ups. So what's so great about steam that makes it worth the huge amount of space it takes up?

If you think 2 gigs is too much then you need to upgrade your hard drive...I run on 60 gigs...

C drive used for Windows has 6GB space
D drive used for software/downloads has 18GB space
E drive used for video editing has 28GB space

2GB is not that much...plus most people have so much junk on their hard drive but they don't get rid of it. Try doing that.

Yes 2 gigs is nothing, except when thats what it says under "Space Remaining".

I have a 20gig HDD, I have to watch everything what gets put on it :D, I have to orginaze(SP?) my files in specific files, eg: games go in one folder while apps go in another, downloads go in another, you get the idea

Originally posted by d8cam

C drive used for Windows has 6GB space
D drive used for software/downloads has 18GB space
E drive used for pr0n viewing has 280GB space

:p

I have 120gb hdd, and thats still not enough oh well, 2 gb is nothin for steam, mines 1.57gb, and think about it I have hl, cs, tfc, op, and some vids on it, thats quite a lot really, I mean my cs retail folder is 1.10gb, and that only has cs, tfc install on it..

I have 160 GB on 2 HD's so I could care less about what Steam does ;p

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I have 160 GB on 2 HD's so I could care less about what Steam does ;p

so you wouldnt care if it infested your computer, then procede to take controal of your pc and lock you out then whipe itself ;P

I recently got a bigger hard drive (160gb up from 26gb), but I still don't like to waste space. I already have HL installed, and I don't want CS or anything. If I trash the 400mb files Steam downloaded will it just download them again? I really only use Steam for getting HL2 movies.

Originally posted by ritcH
not if u have 480Gb of space :D

I'm not the only person who has got then then *phew*

Why I need that much.... No idea. Just have 2 240gb drives*, lmao.

(Well, 480gb efor each computer. 960gb total)

*Yes, they do exist.

Yes they do.

i use to have 6 gigs all together

6 friggen gigs, thank god i didnt have dsl then, now i have 60 gigs and DSL!!

Not a bad size ^_^

*thinks*

I'd be stuck with a couple of mere 160gb drives if I hadn't found out about external drives! lol :)

Incase you wonder why, it is because I do a lot of audio and video editing.

Ouch, Login.. Why not get another 40, bump yourself up to 80?

mine takes up 545mb and considering all i have is one video, thats quite a lot really. Fortunately Eric Johnson said that the new steam will have more efficient disk space usage

Pfft. 2gb. That's not much.. and when steam goes out of beta, you can delete the original HL and the mod folders.

Uh.. dont really know where this should go but :\

What if you have a 3 gig usage limit with your isp would steam use all that up in a month?

(australia is evil and no unlimited broadband is available)

Back