WOW Look, Shield in CS: Source *Screenshot*

put shield on top of flight of stairs run and jump on it, slide down like that elf in lord of the rings 2

Steven Q Urkle said:
put shield on top of flight of stairs run and jump on it, slide down like that elf in lord of the rings 2
LOL OMG HAHAHAHA

Dr. Freeman said:
i really hope they bring the shield back.. i mean only pple who do not know how combat or use the shield are the ones complaining about it.

come on Valve.. don't give in to the whinning!! :|

Er no. I love the shield when it's used normally. Some of us complaining are complaining because of a little thing called shield glitchers.

The sheild was always in the game, it was just removed from the Buy menu.

I never played the original CS, so I have no idea how it was then.

I personally would be against it. It would give an unfair advantage to CT.

well give something special to the ts if they end up putting the shield back in i suspect they will make the area where it protects you less because i remember in 1.6 somethimes you could shoot them from behind and you would hit the shield and not hit them they should probobly make the shield alot less good and take along time to switch from shield to gun

jmjneary said:
well give something special to the ts if they end up putting the shield back in i suspect they will make the area where it protects you less because i remember in 1.6 somethimes you could shoot them from behind and you would hit the shield and not hit them they should probobly make the shield alot less good and take along time to switch from shield to gun

I could see having a drawback of the shield, like weighing you down. If you use the shield than you're going to run a bit slower...I could live with that.

If the ak-47 starts costing like 2000 they can put the shield back in. Cuse then terrorists can have the means to fight back against them.

I wouldn't mind having the shield back but make it cost $15999 ;)

wassup said:
Does This Still Work ?
Well, to answer the question, no, this does not work. If you type
give weapon_shield
it does not produce an 'invalid entity' message or whatever everything else does, but nothing happens.

I very much doubt the shield will be re-added.

btw, this thread is ancient history.

This is very old. You could even spawn it in the beta. They were going to add it but later removed it.

It sucks it got removed.

All they needed todo was make a server cvar whether it was on or off and make it so after a few shots hard awp shows can get through.

I never played it but sounds strange
How quick can you shoot with a shield and did the shield dissapear when you go to shoot?
They could just make it so 10 bullets from any gun or 3-5 from snipers would destroy it.
Or just make the looking hole shoot through

Were you able to shoot people in the feet back in the day?

^It was very buggy, but you could cover the front of your body with it and hold it to the side when you shoot. Like I said it was buggy though, I remember a few times I would just spray at the shied with an ak and get a kill and other times I would shoot the guy with it in the back and not be able to hit him. I never seen someone get killed with the awp while behind the shield.

And no it never broke :hmph:

Reaperman said:
_514368_riot_police150.jpg

Thats a riot shield, not a ballistic shield. Ones used to block bottles, punches, baseball bats. Another blocks bullets.

map1gif.gif

^^^ riot shield

sf25b.gif

^^^ ballistic shield

i hated shields. i could pwn people who had them (everyone forgets you can knife through them) but I really disliked them overall.

Well.. I dont have experience about shield cause i havent played original CS. I think it sounds wierd to have shields in Source!? :)

It might work tough.

Baal said:
LEAVE IT OUT!!!!!!!

Only noobies like the shield...because they're bad.

Ok... one silly statement for another:

Only noobies don't like the sheild... because they don't know how to strategize and get around it.

Please don't revive old threads. It just causes confusion.

People who are replying as if this was a new thread- You are talking to no-one. These people aren't here anymore. And the topic is no longer relevant.

operative x said:
Thats a riot shield, not a ballistic shield. Ones used to block bottles, punches, baseball bats. Another blocks bullets.

and battering your big stick off of to make noises to scare hippies away hehe

I actually had a few ideas for fixing the shield. It was a liiiittlle overpowered at the time. Think about this for a second. When you had the shield open to your FOV you could see more then 50%. But the others looking at you straight on can only see LESS then 50%. and the blocking percent was way too large while it was out, so nobody could shoot you from teh front easily.

1.) Make the shield smaller, that way when it is undeployed, it was still killable.
2.) Create a cooldown time from pulling out your shield, and shooting. Maybe make the recoil SHIT....all in all, if i was carrying that damned thing on my left hand, I wouldn't aim perfectly \=...more recoil would be good as well
3.) Speed. You still ran a little fast. Maybe AWP speed?
4.) While it is deployed, slow the person down a little more. That way it's harder to cover yourself and still out maneuver some of the lesser newbs....

Just my 2 cents, I think that woulda helped it out alot.

PS pheonix downing this thread was for what reason :(

Back