Xbox 360 controller compatible with longhorn

To be fair, the XBox ones we have now are simply USB ones with a different plug on the end. You can get drivers and an adaptor to make them work with Windows now.

The standard XB360 controllers are wireless - I wonder if they're bluetooth or FastRF or something else - I guess you'll need to buy some USB-style adapter either way.

jonbob said:
To be fair, the XBox ones we have now are simply USB ones with a different plug on the end. You can get drivers and an adaptor to make them work with Windows now.

Ayee, ive got one :)

Play xbox 360 games on computer maybe? Imagine if Longhorn allows that :D Just put in Halo3, get your controller and away you go :)

With XNA PC and Xbox360 players can play the same game together, _if_ it was ported to both consoles.

That wouldnt make sense for microsoft. Else, why release the console?

spookymooky said:
That wouldnt make sense for microsoft. Else, why release the console?

Well if the games are made on multiple platforms, then people with a good computer and no console can play with the people who only have a console and a crappy computer. So it's a possibility that XNA and the wireless controller is meant to help bring together more gamers across multiple platforms....

i need some caffeine

gotta love that computer with a nice big green X on it's case

lePobz said:
The standard XB360 controllers are wireless - I wonder if they're bluetooth or FastRF or something else - I guess you'll need to buy some USB-style adapter either way.

Look on the front of the console, there are no controller ports. It does have a IR looking thingy though. Something that you can see on the end of your remote control for your TV.

IchI said:
Look on the front of the console, there are no controller ports. It does have a IR looking thingy though. Something that you can see on the end of your remote control for your TV.
No shit, maybe that's because the XB360 controllers are wireless as standard, which you just quoted me saying.

The IR port is for the DVD remote, not the controllers.

Iced_Eagle said:
Play xbox 360 games on computer maybe? Imagine if Longhorn allows that :D Just put in Halo3, get your controller and away you go :)

With XNA PC and Xbox360 players can play the same game together, _if_ it was ported to both consoles.

Not going to happen. MS ported NT to Power a long time ago and then canned it. They aren't going to do it again just so people can play games on it. Besides, it would do nothing for people with Intel/AMD processors anyway.

Back