Ya so this would freak me the hell out

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Redford Township resident Matt Olivarez, 27, said he's in a tough spot: facing possible home foreclosure while at the same time trying to do right by Mia, an 11-year-old pooch that he feeds by hand, partly because of her spinal problem that makes walking difficult.

Olivarez said he took Mia to the Westcott Veterinary Care Center in Detroit on Saturday to alleviate her suffering [euthanize the dog]

Olivarez said he returned to his garage Sunday morning and noticed Mia missing from where he'd placed her on a pile of hay the day before. He'd planned to bury her in his grandfather's backyard.

Instead, he turned to find her standing on all fours, staring at him.

"Are you still my dog?" he said, saying he felt like he was living a scene from one of the scary movies he enjoys. "It was like a scene from 'Pet Sematary.'"

O_O

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...y5Jf9mD6uBMZMHb92R9QD9IR4S9O1?docId=D9IR4S9O1

hmmm on a side note would he actually have to pay for it again since it was the vet that made a mistake?

also normally I'm not one of those SUE SUE SUE guys...but I think he could have a case for emotional distress(or fraud/service not rendered the very least):

1) anyone who had their pet put down know how hard it can be...having to go thru all that again because the vet messed up? no thanks.

2) the dog. it can't have been a very nice experience for the dog either....or healthy for that matter.

either way I'd be pissed at the vet if this happened to me.

Imagine if he had buried it earlier..

Well that's a story that makes you paws for thought.

Ugh. I can't imagine having something like this happen, especially in the wake of saying goodbye to the dog in the first place. I'd flip out and start crying all over again.

How do you even DO this? When my mom had her cat put down, they had a vet tech with his fingers on the cat's pulse the whole time, and the vet made absolutely sure he was gone before he gave us the body to take home. Like, shoot-the-anesthetic-into-the-cat's-heart-because-the-other-two-shots-aren't-cutting-it sure.

ok i dont get it after reading the article.

He took the dog to the vet and then what? Did they kill the dog in front of him? Did he just go home straight after? If that's the case then why the hell would he be expecting the dog to be laying in the pile of hay? Wouldn't the dog be at the vet?

If he did take the dog home after the vet killed his dog then wtf ghost dog?

I'm confused.

I kill dogs all the time, big deal. why didn't he just cut it's throat?

Uuuuhhhhhhh.... anyways...

I bet that was awkward. Why aren't you dead? You tried to have me killed? Yeeeeeah. *Gently closing door.*

ok i dont get it after reading the article.

He took the dog to the vet and then what? Did they kill the dog in front of him? Did he just go home straight after? If that's the case then why the hell would he be expecting the dog to be laying in the pile of hay? Wouldn't the dog be at the vet?

If he did take the dog home after the vet killed his dog then wtf ghost dog?

I'm confused.

He took the dog to the vet so it could be euthanized. They take the dog into a room and try to kill it. Afterwards they can either dispose of the body or give it back to the owner, depending on the owners wishes. He took the dead dog home and probably couldn't bare burying it so he put it on the hay pile to bury it later.

Can he not send it back to the vet and demand that they finish the ****ing job without charging him a 2nd time (since it was their fault)??

devilsrejects150x225.jpg

Can he not send it back to the vet and demand that they finish the ****ing job without charging him a 2nd time (since it was their fault)??

Why the **** should he kill the dog when it's alright now? Don't you think he should give it to a new owner instead?

And what's wrong with the dog-haters in this thread?

Call it a dog-hater rant, whatever. And, I know you're probably joking Mogi... right? Animal violence is too much to take and if the dog's still not well, then I admit, the vet's the way to go.

This is why I think gunshots remain the most efficient method of euthanization.

Call it a dog-hater rant, whatever. And, I know you're probably joking Mogi... right? Animal violence is too much to take and if the dog's still not well, then I admit, the vet's the way to go.

He took the dog to the vet to euthanize it, but they failed. The vet is the only way to go, unless some miracle happened and the dog's spine was fixed. Some resurrection or reanimation crap.

nah dude, i got a box of frozen puppies in my trunk

Am I the only one who thinks "putting it out of it's misery" is a sh*tty, inhuman euphemism? I know that no matter how badly crippled/uncared for I was, I'd still choose life over death. The world is just too hard to quit. When we allow humans a full natural life, why do we assume animals don't want the same?

In fact, around these parts it's common to let a terminally ill animal die naturally, or release an unwanted animal on the street and drive off. And as painful as that may be, that still sounds better than deciding the poor thing doesn't want to live.

(Disclaimer: I eat animals)

In fact, around these parts it's common to let a terminally ill animal die naturally, or release an unwanted animal on the street and drive off. And as painful as that may be, that still sounds better than deciding the poor thing doesn't want to live.
Yeah, that sounds fantastic. You're dog's dying of liver failure, so just drop it off at the side of a dusty Indian road and let it cough up blood for a week before dying. Very humane.

The word "humane" means "marked or motivated by concern with the alleviation of suffering". Euthanasia is humane.

When we allow humans a full natural life, why do we assume animals don't want the same?
We don't "allow" humans a full and natural life. We force them to have one even when they wish to die.

Look, I'm all for euthanasia, but we don't tell cancer patients, "OK,time for you to die now. But have these cookies first, they're great!"

(Disclaimer: I eat animals)

no offense but you dont come from a part of the world where animals are treated all tyhat well ..just sayin

and who says to themselves "oh I think Fido's lived long enough, time to put him to sleep"

euthanasia's usually done to sick and dying animals. they're not humans, who can rationalise what's happening to them; they're animals; if they cant eat on their own or are physicially unable to support themselves are you seriously advocating that they should just be left to die "naturally"? that would mean starvation or severe dehydration causing death. are you really advocating needless suffering just to alieviate some misguided feeling that that's what the animal would want?

I dont think you've thought this through

I know if I couldn't speak English, and was dying, I'd want my family to drop me off in the desert somewhere.

It's the only dignified way to die.

**** the desert that would be cruel as they die immediately. no better to keep them at home with a bowl of food just outside of reach so that if they overcome their illness they survive if not ..well that's too FREAKIN' BAD!!! long agonising death for you!

no offense but you dont come from a part of the world where animals are treated all tyhat well ..just sayin

and who says to themselves "oh I think Fido's lived long enough, time to put him to sleep"

euthanasia's usually done to sick and dying animals. they're not humans, who can rationalise what's happening to them; they're animals; if they cant eat on their own or are physicially unable to support themselves are you seriously advocating that they should just be left to die "naturally"? that would mean starvation or severe dehydration causing death. are you really advocating needless suffering just to alieviate some misguided feeling that that's what the animal would want?

I dont think you've thought this through

On the other hand, animals are animals so this kind of stuff happens naturally to them whether humans are around or not. Look at wild animals, stuff like that happens on a daily basis. Nature is indifferent. Just the other side of the story.

But I guess since we have the power to stop the dog from suffering then it's OK to do so...so yea I dunno what the point of my post is lol :)

On the other hand, animals are animals so this kind of stuff happens naturally to them whether humans are around or not. Look at wild animals, stuff like that happens on a daily basis. Nature is indifferent. Just the other side of the story.

ya sure life is harder for them in the wild. I fail to see your point

"off you go little buddy, I got you from nature and to nature you will return"

But I guess since we have the power to stop the dog from suffering then it's OK to do so...so yea I dunno what the point of my post is lol :)

I admire your honesty :)

Back