Yasser Arafat dies at age 75

Are u happy that arafat is dead?

• yes

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • no

Votes: 52 54.7%

• Total voters
Fox just interrupted That 70's show for this bulliten.

Hope power is transitioned smoothy. It doesn't sound like he really prepared for it.

:dozey: Damn 75 years old... what's the average age people die at these days? 75 to me seems a bit early.

ailevation said:
:dozey: Damn 75 years old... what's the average age people die at these days? 75 to me seems a bit early.
Average is much less. Average of old age depends on the region, but 75 really isn't that early.

There will never be peace in the middle east. Has he actually died yet then? Last I saw he was on the life support machine.

I agree witht that jaguar. That region has no clue how to live in peace.

Dr. Freeman said:
and?
how is his death related to HL2?
clearly this belongs in the Off Topic section.

/me sighs
I imagine he was trying to get people's attention more heavily on a matter that has more far-reaching consequences than whether or not we'll wait to play HL2 after HL: S.
This is horribly important.

Yeah, Dr. Breen took him in and found him to be a traitor to Big Brother. So...they had him eliminated.

We have to be nice about this or terroist may track us down and bomb us. :(

el Chi said:
I imagine he was trying to get people's attention more heavily on a matter that has more far-reaching consequences than whether or not we'll wait to play HL2 after HL: S.
This is horribly important.

sure.. but it still doesn't belong in this section.
if pple wanted to know about things other than HL2 then obviously they'd go explore these other sections of the site.

sorry im kinda tired of misplaced threads.. its been happening alot over the last 2-3 days.

fuzzy_aus said:
I agree witht that jaguar. That region has no clue how to live in peace.
That's such a condescending way to look at things. It's unfair and shows an arrogance and ignorance to the complex situation there.

That said, I wil say that these will be uncertain times for the region. More uncertain than usual. It's very sad to see him go.

Beazil said:
woah. I wonder what this will mean for Palestine?

Theres no such thing as Palestine. Its Israel, the whole conflict is over where the Palistinians can get some land to have a country of their own, probably Palestine.. I dont know what this will mean, but i sure hope that we dont get another leader as bad as him in it. I hope that the good Palestinians will have a bigger say in who gets to take over Arafats spot, rather than the ****heads i mean terroists, sometimes get em confused, putting some extremist dickhead in and just trying his best to make unpeace, if there is such a thing.

I cant say im overly sympathetic, he was old, and not the best person on earth. As much as people say he strived for peace I find that hard to believe, then again what the **** do I know. I just feel bad for the thousands of palistinians who looked to him for guidance and leadership.

Sh4mp00 said:
I cant say im overly sympathetic, he was old, and not the best person on earth. As much as people say he strived for peace I find that hard to believe, then again what the **** do I know. I just feel bad for the thousands of palistinians who looked to him for guidance and leadership.

Looked for peace my ass, that man was loaded. If he was so desperate for peace he could have thrown more money to the cause.

He was no saint, but he was a more positive figure for Pallestinians to rally round than many others. What's sad is what may happen next.

EDIT:
Jaguar - money alone cannot help that cause. It's infinitely more difficult than that.

gh0st - Stop it. Way too simplistic. Seriously.

Woah I was just thinking that he would die and now he is dead. So does this mean that the price of HL2 in China will drop a yen or whatever? I doubt it but lets hope that his assination by the French doctors will finally bring peace to wherever place he thinks his home is. In conclusion thank allah, god, budda, mosus and that scientology trash that he is finally dead.

Next I wish that all warzers that play HL2 gets ass cancer and dies. Painfully.

MilkMan12 said:
Theres no such thing as Palestine. Its Israel, the whole conflict is over where the Palistinians can get some land to have a country of their own, probably Palestine.. I dont know what this will mean, but i sure hope that we dont get another leader as bad as him in it. I hope that the good Palestinians will have a bigger say in who gets to take over Arafats spot, rather than the ****heads i mean terroists, sometimes get em confused, putting some extremist dickhead in and just trying his best to make unpeace, if there is such a thing.
You're either horrendously biased or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Could someone please sum up who this guy is and what his relevence is with world events? I'm rather ignorant about this topic.

he was the leader of palistine(sp). trying to get back the land that was taken from them

gh0st said:
id say the same thing if your mom died right now.
How about both of you dumbasses shut the hell up?This ain't a damn politics thread...A human beind died and as such you respect his death.

Back