Your funny experiences during the Half Life series

I once accidentally pushed Barney in front of an APC rocket in episode one, it just blew up in his face and he said, "look out!". :p

Hell they can be very annoying sometimes. I always tell him, Alyx and the rebels : "You're in the way! Why are you always in the way???" "Let me get out of your way!" "Yeah! Move, mother*****!!!"

There's something I never noticed before, while playing HL2 for the 3rd time, some days ago. When you just got out of the mines after Ravenholm and are back in the City 17 outskirts, you have the great Particle Ghost track playing, you get attacked by a poison headcrab and then by a fast zombie, etc., and finally you come accross some snipers. Before they notice you, they have fun killing the seagulls flying over them. They fire alternately and as they are pretty good shooters, they get all the birds. Quite funny and realistic how, bored, they spend their time waiting for Gordon. :p

There's been a few occasions where I noticed a flaming barrel rolling precariously towards my position that involved my punting it with the grav gun only to have it bounce right back in my face, ending my life.
Also there was a funny instant where I ignited a combine soldier and while flailing around in flames he stated "Area not secured."

Nothing can top Sven Coop.

Someone would volunteer to get into the vent first, realizing their health is at 7 when he/she see's the headcrab. I would be at the mouth of the vent when a huge "SHIT" would be relayed on the microphone followed by the 500 gibs shooting out.

cl_gibcount 500 ^^

and the elevator scene.
"We missed the button, down the elevator."
"Wait for me don't press the but-" *jumps onto the top of the elevator as it decends*
"Hahaha, you didn't make it, wait there I'll go back up"
"Wait no, don't press the but-" *gibs shower through the elevator*

Many of these experienced with Zephos.

The boss sonic music and the elevator, o mi lord.

Coop? In which game? Which map? I don't get it...

I didn't know that! It sounds fun, I'll have a look.

- I always like those ones where you simply jump up on an object and die due to some
- wierd physics action where the object moves a bit somehow crushing you.
(This has happened with several different objects.)

- Ever managed to pickup or even catch an enemy grenade, & throw it back (With the GravGun) before it explodes?

- the first time was an accident, suddenly a live grenade was clicking whilst held by the antigravgun, I fired it away quickly and took out three combine.... Since then I try to grab them where I can, or just punt them away... great fun!!

In Route Kanal, I was so immersed in the game experience that instead of looking over my shoulder with the mouse to check for the hunter chopper tailing me, I actually looked over my shoulder. I went off flying off a jump all wrong, flipped over the air boat and get pumped full of lead by the helichopter. GWAH!

In Half-Life...

Surface Tension - Laserguiding the Bradley's missiles back at it.
Black ops - Unleashing an entire pack of snarks on them from above and watching as they lose their cool and fire wildly at the creatures, giving their positions away.
Xen - Knocking Houndeyes off cliffs and watching them fall to their deaths.

In Half-Life 2...

Killing a zombie with a watermelon. SPLAT!
Returning enemy grenades to sender.
Killing an Antlion Guard with only the crowbar.
Using the gravity gun to hold a manhack out in front as a saw.

In Route Kanal, I was so immersed in the game experience that instead of looking over my shoulder with the mouse to check for the hunter chopper tailing me, I actually looked over my shoulder. I went off flying off a jump all wrong, flipped over the air boat and get pumped full of lead by the helichopter. GWAH!

Water Hazard*.

I loved the part in BS where you can look at the security monitors and see 2 scientists do the chickendance. :p

I find 1st but i wan sever looking so loooong at monitors.

In Half-Life...

Surface Tension - Laserguiding the Bradley's missiles back at it.
Black ops - Unleashing an entire pack of snarks on them from above and watching as they lose their cool and fire wildly at the creatures, giving their positions away.
Xen - Knocking Houndeyes off cliffs and watching them fall to their deaths.

In Half-Life 2...

Killing a zombie with a watermelon. SPLAT!
Returning enemy grenades to sender.
Killing an Antlion Guard with only the crowbar.
Using the gravity gun to hold a manhack out in front as a saw.

What is the "Bradley"? Is that the chopper?
Dig the watermelon move. (Do you know why it is important to know that lamarr likes watermelon?)

You know about the harpoon yeah? man that harpoon action is awesome....
-ichanic

What is the "Bradley"? Is that the chopper?
The M2 Bradley armored personnel carrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkk3bsBdPBo

Dig the watermelon move. (Do you know why it is important to know that lamarr likes watermelon?)
Watermelons are head shaped? :LOL:

You know about the harpoon yeah? man that harpoon action is awesome....
-ichanic
Yeah, I can't believe I left that out. The harpoon is like a massive, reusable crossbow bolt. Awesome.

in gMod i made a tower of resistance members and when I un-paused them or whatever the bottom one joined my squad and followed me, and then the tower fell and everyone died except for the bottom guy.

Had to go to the washroom in Office Complex, right around that bit with the scientists who first mentions soldiers are coming.

I come back, and I've somehow clipped into the floor near the trash can, the scientist it still looking at me.

"Fascinating! Just look at that!"

But best jokes make response system in HL's 2 and episodes :D

I fought the manhacks with that guy in the sewers and after we destroys all the manhaks he sudently die. That was verry wheird.

- I always like those ones where you simply jump up on an object and die due to some
- wierd physics action where the object moves a bit somehow crushing you.
(This has happened with several different objects.)

- Ever managed to pickup or even catch an enemy grenade, & throw it back (With the GravGun) before it explodes?

- the first time was an accident, suddenly a live grenade was clicking whilst held by the antigravgun, I fired it away quickly and took out three combine.... Since then I try to grab them where I can, or just punt them away... great fun!!

You can "use" them and toss them, too.

Really mane we fought the manhacks togeder and after we destroyd them he looked at my one second and then he simply died.

There is manhack. Don't believe me?
Simply replay.

There is manhack. Don't believe me?
Simply replay.

Don't act so smart Acid, the character was obviously mean to die so because the manhacks didn't kill him, a scripted sequence did automatically. He wasn't planned to stay alive.

In HL2 where alyx teleports to Eli's lab i ran past her and got on first she got in and morphed into me but when the teleport went she fell under the teleport and died.

Don't act so smart Acid, the character was obviously mean to die so because the manhacks didn't kill him, a scripted sequence did automatically. He wasn't planned to stay alive.

Ok script kill him but you should think than not script kill him but manhack...

Let me use my grammatical powers.

You can save Manhack Matt from the manhacks that attack you both.

However, after you progress down the level and return, you will find him dead. With a manhack hovering over him. Clear?

Back