Your WoW Avatar

*Cries*

I wish I could get broadband in my area!!!!! (I want WoW so bad, i've seen a friend playing it, and I HATE rpg, but I think I coudl really get into this game)

*continues crying*

33 Warrior
my.php

32 Shaman

my.php

my.php

34 Priest

my.php

my.php

24 Pally

my.php

damnit the more I see it the more WoW looks good... I can't believe im actually considering getting one of those evil credit cards so i can play it :\

The Dark Elf said:
damnit the more I see it the more WoW looks good... I can't believe im actually considering getting one of those evil credit cards so i can play it :\

Get game cards.

Bad^Hat said:
Get game cards.
hmm game cards? explain? If its a way to avoid having to get a credit card (which I'll get in debt with no question about it) then I'm interested.

Pressure said:
You buy a card at a store and it gives you 60 days worth of play time for $30, which you can pay in cash.

My Profile:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?51746
pleeeease tell me these things are available in the UK?

Edit: YAY!

Pre-Paid Game Cards
Ryann, 08/02/2005
Players in Europe will be able to subscribe to World of Warcraft using a pre-paid game card, which will be available from 4th March 2005. Costing 26.99€ / £18.49, each card will give a 60-day subscription to the game, accessible via this website using the scratch-off code on the reverse of the card.

The cards will be sold in DVD-sized boxes, localised into English, German, French, Italian and Spanish, and will be available through retail outlets where the game is sold. A full version of World of Warcraft and Internet connection will also be required to play the game.

-

Well thats me buying WoW then, excellent! :D:D:D:D:D

It's taken me two days to get to level 12 lol. I've been questing like crazy.

Pressure said:
It's taken me two days to get to level 12 lol. I've been questing like crazy.
hehehe, i think i'll end up just going exploring or something, looking at all the cool places instead of just screenshots heh.

If you do quests then you get to see all those cool places while playing the game.

On my second full-fledged chara now. First was human pally, got horribly mundane after lvl 20 when everyone said it would be getting better :(

Experimented a bit after that, Troll Hunter, Night Elf... warrior, or something. Got em to level 6-7. New Tauren Druid on 19 now, taken me 3-4 days of semi-hard questing, and a tiny bit of grinding (fun though). I just read a post on the WoW forums though about how Druids get weaker in the high levels :(

Anyway... does anyone know how to log in to the http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ forums? I see no login/register page :(

Edit - Okay, well they're down now anyway :(

Pressure said:
If you do quests then you get to see all those cool places while playing the game.
what about playing as a group, meeting up with friends n such and causing havok, or do you pretty much have to spend your time alone.

and how are the quests dealt with, competing with others to get there first and using tactics to beat the competition or enough quests to go around and not really get to see anyone else?

The Dark Elf said:
what about playing as a group, meeting up with friends n such and causing havok, or do you pretty much have to spend your time alone.

and how are the quests dealt with, competing with others to get there first and using tactics to beat the competition or enough quests to go around and not really get to see anyone else?

You can either play with your friends or solo it the whole way through. On my rogue it's just me and one other friend tearing through and killing stuff it's really fun. This is his third character though he has a level 60 priest and a level 47 shaman too.

Questing so far I haven't had to compete with anyone. Compared to the stress test they did long ago theres almost no one around. During the stress test you'd try to do a simple quest but there were 200 people standing around doing it also but now you can just walk in and do it right away. There are a ton of quests right now, I have 16 quests on my list that I still have to complete lol. When you finish one quest there always like 3 more popping up that you can do, so it does keep the players spread out.

There are certain areas where you won't see anyone else and these are called instances. You get a raid group together and you go into these instances and fight bosses. They did this to prevent 300 people from swarming the bosses lol. They are more difficult than the normal areas so you cannot solo these and will need a group to do them. Some raid instances have minimum character limits too. Say you're going to try to do the Upper Black Rock Spire instance, you need a minimum of 10 people I believe to do this one.

If you're on a PVP server you're going to see a lot of fighting between the factions. This is fun but there is also a down side. Let's say you want to level some by yourself and you're in a contested area. While you're leveling any member from the opposite faction can just come up and attack you. In normal servers you don't have to worry about getting killed unless you're tagged for PVP, which you just type /pvp to put your tag up. You still see factions raiding towns and figting though, jsut not as often.

Pressure said:
You can either play with your friends or solo it the whole way through. On my rogue it's just me and one other friend tearing through and killing stuff it's really fun. This is his third character though he has a level 60 priest and a level 47 shaman too.

Questing so far I haven't had to compete with anyone. Compared to the stress test they did long ago theres almost no one around. During the stress test you'd try to do a simple quest but there were 200 people standing around doing it also but now you can just walk in and do it right away. There are a ton of quests right now, I have 16 quests on my list that I still have to complete lol. When you finish one quest there always like 3 more popping up that you can do, so it does keep the players spread out.

There are certain areas where you won't see anyone else and these are called instances. You get a raid group together and you go into these instances and fight bosses. They did this to prevent 300 people from swarming the bosses lol. They are more difficult than the normal areas so you cannot solo these and will need a group to do them. Some raid instances have minimum character limits too. Say you're going to try to do the Upper Black Rock Spire instance, you need a minimum of 10 people I believe to do this one.

If you're on a PVP server you're going to see a lot of fighting between the factions. This is fun but there is also a down side. Let's say you want to level some by yourself and you're in a contested area. While you're leveling any member from the opposite faction can just come up and attack you. In normal servers you don't have to worry about getting killed unless you're tagged for PVP, which you just type /pvp to put your tag up. You still see factions raiding towns and figting though, jsut not as often.
damn, sounds so cool. I'm really excited about this, so happy I'll be able to play it without giving in to the credit card companies. Infact I don't know why im sat still talking about it, I should be in town buying it already lol.

What about playing with friends from elsewhere in the world. Didn't I hear something about severs all being localised. So if you lived in the UK you'd only ever get to play with other UK users. That might put me off a little if I can't play with friends elsewhere in the world.

Right now I think if you're from the United States you can only play with people in the United States and if you're in Europe you can only play with people from Europe. Don't take this is as the truth but I think they said later they might let you choose.

Pressure said:
Right now I think if you're from the United States you can only play with people in the United States and if you're in Europe you can only play with people from Europe. Don't take this is as the truth but I think they said later they might let you choose.
well that would be a shame if it stayed like that, I'd like to setup a proper party made up of people all over the place that I know, not just limited to UK folk, since I can only think of one person in the UK who I get on with enough to play it with hehe, everyone else is other countries, US, Aus and so on.

So here's hoping they change it.

Oh yeah, you get the first month free don't you when you buy it? Do you have to fill in any details though, i've seen lots of these "free month, no money but we need your CC details anyway cause like, we need to know your 18+" and so on and so forth. Cause like, if it doesn't do that, I could go out and get it tomorrow, have the free month then by that time the game cards will be available and I can use those.

TDE, I'm fairly sure you can use Debit cards as well... which is why I'm interested in playing.

UK and US have seperate servers, and possibly Korea and thems too. Aus/NZ play on US, which is kinda laggy sometimes =/

Blizz did promise in a FAQ somewhere they'd implement a way for you to play with friends in other servers after the UK release, but no word on it since :(

Edit - It needs your CC details, or if you're going by game card, you need to buy one straight off and enter the details for the second month (which, I know, defeats the purpose of a free trial month). Blizz also said they'd implement a way to switch from CC to Game card later, which I'm kinda relying on since it's me nan's card for now :eek:

The Dark Elf said:
well that would be a shame if it stayed like that, I'd like to setup a proper party made up of people all over the place that I know, not just limited to UK folk, since I can only think of one person in the UK who I get on with enough to play it with hehe, everyone else is other countries, US, Aus and so on.

So here's hoping they change it.

Oh yeah, you get the first month free don't you when you buy it? Do you have to fill in any details though, i've seen lots of these "free month, no money but we need your CC details anyway cause like, we need to know your 18+" and so on and so forth. Cause like, if it doesn't do that, I could go out and get it tomorrow, have the free month then by that time the game cards will be available and I can use those.

You get a free month but you cannot play until you etner a CC number or a debit card with a master card or visa logo on it. The time cards you buy at a store are also valid ways of activating your free month. So it's either put in a CC number or a time card number.

Pressure said:
You get a free month but you cannot play until you etner a CC number or a debit card with a master card or visa logo on it. The time cards you buy at a store are also valid ways of activating your free month. So it's either put in a CC number or a time card number.
I'll just stick with the game cards I reckon.. Really hope they fix the whole forcing the UK lots to play with UK lots, I dont want to play with UK people lol.

Level 19 Undead Warror on the Angent(sp?) Dawn RP server (EU)

I'd get some pictures..but Im really, really lazy.

Level 45 Undead Warrior
Server: Deathwing (US)

P-Lo said:
Level 45 Undead Warrior
Server: Deathwing (US)

You should try using UI Scale in the interface options if you haven't tried it. It makes it look a lot better.

What are you running for a system?

Heh, I'm running on a not so good pc.

1.8ghz
512 mb ram
radeon 9500

but Im trying to get my own pc running again

AMD athlon 64 3500+
1gb of dual channel pc3200 ram
6800gt

Jesus, lol I had that weapon before I got this one. Nice deal btw.

I love this one: the Three Dwarves Dam. It's like a cross between Hoover Dam and Mount Rushmore.

Lvl 58 Dwarf Pally
I have a hunter in the works as well.

I just posted a bunch of pics and I don't really feel like relinking so here.

The server is Stormrage (US) and the guild is Lost Soldiers.

Name: Turlen
Lvl and Class: Lvl 60 Dwarf Paladin
Server: Hyjal
Guild: Eternal Fire

I've started to work on a mage (lvl 12 as of now), I needed a high DPS character. :)

The end game WoW content is cool, too bad I don't have the time or a large guild to fully do all of it. Though I've been lucky and have been to places like Upper BRS, Molten Core (for all of 3 mobs lol), and done the Blightcaller Raid (that was crazy fun).

Back