Zombie Master Halloween Treat

CrazyHarij

Reaction score
Hence the hereditary habit of halloween, the humble hombres hind end of Zombie Master have handed out this horrifyingly hilarious gameplay video![br]</br><p></p>The horrendous undead, having a case of hyperphagia, hunt the humans with Habanera-like movement.<p></p>Watch it on Youtube[br]</br><p></p>
For more info behind this promising mod, check the official Zombie master site out right here. (i've run out of words starting on H, alright?)

Woo, not bad. They've got something working now, eh? :p

And I don't know which lazy bastard is working on that fic of theres. Scheduled for a Halloween update my arse.

Hehe beat me to the news post Mikey! Great stuff, I vividly remember being hit by that table, then the whole place catching light - running for the door and finding big trouble :(

Why does the player's view seem so laggy?

It's an artifact caused by the DivX codec I use. No real way around it without postponing that video by a week or so.

-Angry Lawyer

Didn't seem to happen when at the overhead view, but at regular intervals when switched to player's view.

And it doesn't look like just the vid is freezing, it looks like the player is actually stuttering while everything else is in motion, just like with lag.

I think the relevant question with regards to that is whether the stutter occurs in-game. The answer is: no.

There was really no time to try and get it removed from the recording and still have the vid out on halloween.

I don't see how video codec can cause the type of lag I'm seeing here. If it doesn't happen in game was it caused by the fact that it was from a spectating mode?

No idea. It certainly doesn't stutter like that in-game.

Oh, I believe you about it not being in game, just seems odd the way you are handling my questions.

I have a notion that you just made up something about the codec instead of admitting it was a problem with the spectator mode or whatever you used.

Oh, I believe you about it not being in game, just seems odd the way you are handling my questions.

I have a notion that you just made up something about the codec instead of admitting it was a problem with the spectator mode or whatever you used.

lol..

vegeta897 said:

Why would we admit that it's a problem with any part of the mod when it (as we have all stated) isn't? The stuttering has come from the encoding/merging of the video. It's not that difficult to comprehend, even for you.

Because it doesn't look like the video is stuttering, it looks like the game is.

You can see hints of it if you watch closely.

Also, good job, it only took you two posts before you insulted me.

I could try for less next time if you prefer. If you don't want me to treat you as if you have a room-temperature IQ, then don't act like it. You pointed out the stuttering in the video, we (the developers) then told you what it was and that it doesn't stutter in-game. You can't or won't accept this, preferring to believe that it is something in-game.

Or, to put it another way - we wrote the damn thing. We play it on a regular basis. You have no experience of ZM beyond what we show and tell you. Making things up won't get you very far.

You did say 'you have the notion they made something up as an excuse' so you can see why there's a comeback surely? Also, what you perceive to be the game stuttering isn't the game stuttering, and the hints you speak of are speculative. Please don't go down this corridor further, despite how much it seems you want a kerfuffle.

I made an observation, I'm not making anything up. I'm aware that you play it and I am sure it doesn't lag like that when actually playing, that would indeed be a serious problem.

You've cought me Glenn, I do enjoy being skeptical. I was dissapointed when all we got was a video, is all :(

Ingame it doesn't stutter, keep your absurd observation to yourself kthx.

Jeez, Veg, you're not usually this paranoid. Or maybe it really is a ZM dev conspiracy!? :imu:

Release wise, I'm sure those guys are beta testing as we speak... better late than bug-ridden!

Crisis averted Steve, damn you D: With more time, I'm sure AL could iron out that stuttering for you & maybe add the extra bits :p

Actually guys, I just did some MORE observation, and I am 100 percent sure of myself that one of the players are lagging, not video lag.

Look in the opening sequence, one of the players stutters at almost the same interval and manner as when it's in first person. When it switches to that player's view, it stutters. The other player in the first scene moves along perfectly smooth.

It's undeniable. I'm not trying to act like a smart alec but this is very convincing, and I'd love a valid explanation.

If anything yes it would be lagging, but stuttering? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Lets see I've played ZM since the first alpha build to its current, I don't "stutter" at all, if anything I lag since servers are never near me.

Convincing of what? People can lag in an online game? OH NOES!

I don't understand what you are saying, Disturbed.

Rofl at how you've just completely changed your defense now. First it was video lag, now it's a player lagging. Which is what I was wanting you to admit in the first place, and now that you're caught you act like you were right the whole time.

It's hilarious.

It's undeniable. I'm not trying to act like a smart alec but this is very convincing, and I'd love a valid explanation.

Okay, you are a paranoiac. I'm not trying to act a like smart alec but that post is very convincing evidence that you're a suspicious weirdo today, and we'd love a valid explanation why you think there's some kind of cover up.

Did they let you on the testing team or something? You're sounding like Fragmaster did when he preached about Valve and his "insider knowledge".

Alright ass, I will be more right on this subject than you ever will be, I have the build of the game you don't, you are basing things you see on a compressed video. GOOD JOB TO YOU SIR! I commend you.

I don't understand what's to be paranoid about. I said that there was game lag and they DENIED it by saying it was video lag. I have now just disproved that and they are changing their side to "so what if he's lagging?"

:|

I don't understand what you are saying, Disturbed.

Rofl at how you've just completely changed your defense now. First it was video lag, now it's a player lagging. Which is what I was wanting you to admit in the first place, and now that you're caught you act like you were right the whole time.

It's hilarious.

You what? You just changed what you said from "the spectator mode is lagging" to "a player is lagging". I responded to your point. I'm not making any defence, because there's nothing to defend. Any issue is entirely in your head. I haven't been "caught" in any way, shape or form. Seriously, get over yourself.

Also, "a player lagging" != "game lag"

... The spectator mode was an attempted guess by me to try to figure out why it looked like it was lagging. And it does look like specating is causing it because if it doesn't happen in game from a player's view but it does in spectating, well that speaks for itself. You at not one point said that the player was lagging until I actually proved it, you blamed it on the video compression.

You're initial point was about stuttering Veg, implying you're trying to describe an engine-based issue. I see shitty compression, but if you see lag, go ahead and see lag :|

Alright guys lets just leave it now, he's basing it on a video, where the compression causes the stuttering, we know it doesn't do that, and he's arguing a point based that & lack of gameplay experience - therefore not credible. Please do not pursue this any further!

The players are running right next to eachother in the first scene, one is stuttering, one isn't. It's impossible for a video to accidentially cause that.

... The spectator mode was an attempted guess by me to try to figure out why it looked like it was lagging. And it does look like specating is causing it because if it doesn't happen in game from a player's view but it does in spectating, well that speaks for itself. You at not one point said that the player was lagging until I actually proved it, you blamed it on the video compression.

You haven't "proved" anything. If a player was lagging (I wasn't present for the video recording, so I couldn't say) then that is utterly meaningless anyway. It's your "attempted guess" that makes you look like such a fool. It's like you went out of your way to try and find something wrong, to the extent that you just made something up and latched onto a total non-issue.

The video codec did not cause any stuttery video.

It is no doubt that you were referring (mainly) to the shot where the player is moving back into the building with his shotgun, when you said the video had problems.

That player is the laggy player, and it makes it look like the video is stuttering, but it is only the result of a laggy player.

That is all I'm saying and I apologise if you mistook it for something else, but my point is you never mentioned a laggy player until I figured it out and the video in any other part runs perfectly smooth.

I guess they never mentioned a laggy player because you started going on about "stuttering", which is a long-running Source issue a bunch of guys have had- and nothing to do with a crap connection. But whatever, I reckon everyone was lagging their pants off in the alpha!

Don't see why there had to be two pages of this though...

Yay!

Great that's off our backs.

Anyways, and i quote - "the video output is locked at 30fps, even if you ran it on a 486, you'd get a 30fps video output because it renders each frame perfectly before moving on to the next. It means that you can record any laggy-ass crappy demo you want on a shitty PC, and still output the video in 1600x1200, 16xAA, high-quality at 30fps."

Awesome vid guys.

Vegeta: shut the **** up.

Also I'd like to point out that if you watch just behind the zombie Simon is shooting at 1.00 minute, you'll see a zombie fly up to the window in the background. A well placed sledgehammer swing :D

Back