£110 > Gf 4 Ti

simmo

Tank
Reaction score
Is £110 for a GF 4 ti 128DDR worth it if I have an ATI Radeon 9000 pro ?

I think £120 is my limit, and one more question (i'm not a wiz at graphics cards), the GF4 will work on any system if you have an AGP slot right ?

cheers

If £120 is your budget, you'd be much better suited to getting a Radeon 9500 Pro or something.

The 4200 is a pretty good card for games that are currently out. I've got one OCed to speeds of a 4600. I do plan to upgrade before the release of Hl2, since I don't think it will be enough to run HL2 with full details. Just not sure what to get yet. But yea, atleast try to get a 9500, since that is a good budget card that is DX9 compatible.

Really GF 4 ti's cant even run HL2 in full details at a decent FPS ? never knew that...lol

Originally posted by simmo2k3
Really GF 4 ti's cant even run HL2 in full details at a decent FPS ? never knew that...lol
Well, it certainly won't produce the DX9 features of HL2, so yea, I'm guessing it won't run it in full details.

But GF4 ti's can still run HL at medium right ?, there good cards right ?

Originally posted by Abom|nation
If £120 is your budget, you'd be much better suited to getting a Radeon 9500 Pro or something.

Dont get a GF4 Ti 4200 - wait a few months, the 9500/9600 Pros will be about £120-130. They are Direct X 9 complient and they will give a lot better performance

well, if you need a card right now, the gf4 tis aren't bad by any means...

Don't wait too long though, 9500s are much better than 9600s, but they won't be around for much longer.

Back