λ Life 3 - Sierra

What do you think about Valve make another partnership with Sierra and bring Half-Life 3 togheter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leofodis

Sandvich
Reaction score
Maybe it would be revealed something about Half-Life at the "The Game Awards 2014", that occurs on December 5th?
I see that Activision Publishing sector (Sierra) and also Valve will be attending at the event...

Capture1.png

Capture.png

Link to the The Game Awards 2014 attendees:
http://thegameawards.com/jury-and-advisors/

Last edited:
Have my hopes finally risen? Hold up, lemme go check in the Depths of Darkened Despair.

{Moves Stage Left, Open Trap Door of the Soul, and Proceeds Down Dark, Winding Staircase}

{A Moment Passes, In Silence}

{Ascends Staircase}

Nope, still asleep down there. I'm beginning to think nothing will get them out of bed.

I can see the Lambda Life 3 in there, but it's not going to happen. Sierra was revived by Activision and has been designated as an indie label. I highly doubt Valve would work with Activision for publishing, and they would be much better off publishing it themselves, like all of their recent games.

Now, that being said, the fact that Valve is attending is rather interesting. We shall see what unfolds.

The important thing is that valve doesn't need Sierra . Let's remember that valve is making their own console (Technically) valve doesn't even need PC ps4 or xbone. They can just make their own. And the same goes for their games. They don't need others devs. If they got help on the most anticipated games of all time that would be like Shakespeare needing help from kids for writing Romeo and Juliet.

whats the point of Valve partnering with Sierra? Valve has probably 100000 times more money.
in sierra´s dreams maybe

Last edited:
The only scenario I could see happening involving Sierra is if Valve desperately wanted to forge new ties with Activision because Valve couldn't be bothered to port the game over to consoles themselves. And even then, why Sierra instead of EA? Furthermore, given how poorly EA's PS3 port of The Orange Box turned out, I doubt Valve would trust anyone else for porting to consoles again, especially given how much easier to develop for the current generation of consoles is.

P.S. Do you honestly think Valve is going to let ANYONE ELSE touch the HL3 project? Naaah.

I have figured out another thing, something that have changed in this year of 2014, from @valvesoftware.com to @sierrastudios.com, or It always has been under @sierrastudios.com?

Sierra_Studios.png

valve doesn't even need PC ps4 or xbone. They can just make their own.
Steam Machines are not consoles, they're simplified hardware solutions. Think pre-built PC's you would buy at a local computer shop, only for gamers.

I'm pretty certain that mountain just says "ice". The only thing that can even be made out well is the E. And yeah, why the heck would it be branded as "lambda life 3"? It would make way more sense to hide a "λ3" somewhere if that's what they were trying to do instead of cramming a "life" in there for no reason. Besides, that guy in the teaser has some pretty simple textures, whereas detailed and lifelike textures are one of the artistic hallmarks of Half Life 2. They just don't look like a character from a Half Life game.

And as others have said already, Valve doesn't have any need to partner with a publisher right now, and if they did, odds are it wouldn't be Activision.

It is a little interesting that Valve is attending this awards thing, but they're listed as part of "an advisory board of some of the game industry’s leading business and creative minds", whatever that means. It's pretty unlikely that they're announcing or showing anything off.

I have figured out another thing, something that have changed in this year of 2014, from @valvesoftware.com to @sierrastudios.com, or It always has been under @sierrastudios.com?
ok this got me interested

It must have been, because there is no reason for partnership with Sierra.

EDIT: The Half-Life3.com domain is old, it's been there since the orange box release, if i remember correctly.

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain that mountain just says "ice". The only thing that can even be made out well is the E. And yeah, why the heck would it be branded as "lambda life 3"? It would make way more sense to hide a "λ3" somewhere if that's what they were trying to do instead of cramming a "life" in there for no reason. Besides, that guy in the teaser has some pretty simple textures, whereas detailed and lifelike textures are one of the artistic hallmarks of Half Life 2. They just don't look like a character from a Half Life game.

And as others have said already, Valve doesn't have any need to partner with a publisher right now, and if they did, odds are it wouldn't be Activision.

It is a little interesting that Valve is attending this awards thing, but they're listed as part of "an advisory board of some of the game industry’s leading business and creative minds", whatever that means. It's pretty unlikely that they're announcing or showing anything off.

I just name this thread as "Lambda Life 3" not because I think Half-Life 3 would have It's name changed, but because the main focus of this subject is what, in some how, is "possible" to read in the mountains on the Sierra's teaser.

Oh, yeah, I'm not questioning your title. I'm questioning the hypothetical decision on the part of Valve and Sierra to write it as "Lambda Life 3", when it ought to just be Half Life 3 or a lambda cubed. It makes no sense to hide a lambda followed by "life 3" somewhere in a teaser, because nothing in the Half Life series has ever been promoted with that particular syntax.

If the mountain looked like it said "Half Life 3" or "λ3" somewhere, then you might have something, because those are both plausible representations of the game based on how past titles have been presented. But because it's "λ Life 3" that you see, it's almost certainly meaningless - it's a messy mashup of the title and the logo, which are two separate things. There's no way the game would be advertised like that.

Back