1.6 or source?

1.6 or source?

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • source

Votes: 68 87.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer source because I find everything is easier to spot. And it's more modern.
Though don't get me wrong, 1.6 is a great game. I just entered the scene with source.

lol i used to totally rock at 1.6 but when i got on source im not as good for some reason?

EDIT: oh hes banned, i just noticed he made polls everywhere with little introduction, just for the sake

big_king_frosty said:
lol i used to totally rock at 1.6 but when i got on source im not as good for some reason?

EDIT: oh hes banned, i just noticed he made polls everywhere with little introduction, just for the sake

Don't blame it on the hitboxes... please?

Source has much better registration online at least. The maps are so-so I think. Maps like dust2, train, aztec were remade for the better while inferno, probably the best competetive map ever, was re-made for the worse. Overall, I think source has the potential to be the best competetive game, just like original CS is/was. It still needs about a year's worth of work though to get there. I'm still behind Source 100% though, simply because of the fact that it is less random and regs a lot better.

Source has the same gameplay and better graphics. Therefore, Source is better.

Source.

It takes a while to get used to, and that is why most of the "old hats" are whining. You cannot just jump from 1.6 to source and vice versa. There is a big gap to bridge, but in a few years i forsee CS being taken off Steam Servers to be replaced with CS:S. Also, many people find the Source maps to be worse than their 1.6 counter-parts (no pun intended). A good example is iceworld and poolday. Both used to be my favorite 1.6 maps, but when they were remade, people saw fit to add physics props, which may be cool, but cause crazy lag on most servers.

Source is the way of the future. Eventually we will all move on to CS:2 or whatever and CS:SW will be considered backwards. It is just a natural process of change. To fight it is a waste of effort.

Took long enough to ban that kid. I remember hassling him back in Februrary.

The AK and DE in 1.6 dont work, it ruins the game

Source.

Better Graphics and now that they have recreated cs_assault, I'm happy :).

Source has better graphs and so on. Cool game.

1.6 is old.. I dont know why ppl still like it, we got source eh??

Bob_Marley said:
I have but one thing to say:
1.5 FOREVER!

Defo, 1.5 has been the best version of cs ever and i feel it will carry on being the best version. Rock on!! :cheers:

1.3 bunny hopping mp3 rapage anyone?

1.5 was the best though, out of 1.6 and source, 1.6 is better. Not that I do not like source, I play source aswell, I just do not like the gameplay as much at all and when I play source I get an average score of 20-3, its really easy, I don't know why, I always get headshots, even when I don't deserve them.

I simply can't play 1.6 anymore. It feels so tame and watered down in comparison.

I know the gameplay is solid, but the physics, decals, and ragdolls in cs:s make it feel so brutal. Going back to 1.6 is like exchanging my AK for a paintball gun.

Theres about 80% less cheaters in CS:S as long as you play on secure servers. But I tried out HLH on a non secure server, its really raelly nice, lame but nice, id play source for the sexiness and the less cheaters.

I just started playing both :dork:, and I was playing counterstrike source, and then I thought, "Maybe I should try counterstrike 1.6".. so I clicked the thing on Steam and tried it... WEAK. OMG, source is WAY better. :sniper:

-michele :cheese:

This is an argument based on perspective: I've played both, but since I stopped playing CS around 1.4/1.5 for like 6 months, than I started playing source, it helped w/ the "gameplay" transition alot, so I have special place in my heart for it. Granted, there seems to be some issues w/ hitbox registry from time to time, but I also had that feeling from CS 1.4 from time to time as well. The gameplay in 1.5/6 is probably better in gameplay because its had ALOT of years to fix bugs ect ect than source. But source will mature much faster than 1.5/6 did because of Steam. Before steam, getting updates took forever, so source will get better much more quickly.

I used to complain, before source, that 1.4-1.6 was such an old engine (it is the Quake1 engine after all), and I felt that it lacked immersiveness because of it, but I fell in love w/ the unique gameplay. Now source has the potential to have both, and I felt they were really smart in not coming out w/ "Counter-Strike 2" and making a completely different game.

Back