Do you,

• Agree

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Disagree

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by howser
hey I think they'll add a way of testing stuff..... in orange map style
there will be NO content from HL wat so ever apart from the engine and maybe a few samples of code and really crappy stuff that'll be no fun just demo some ways of doing things.
I'll email them in a bit

Valve have said that there will be tools and documentation to help mod-makers.... not just the code

duh everyone expects that from an SDK :p
would be pretty useless with out tutorials and tools you horny badger you.

And there will be that cool modding book the prima wil release

Originally posted by howser
duh everyone expects that from an SDK :p
would be pretty useless with out tutorials and tools you horny badger you.

I'm quite worried by you :p.. Supposedly the HL2 SDK will contain Loads of stuff for modders...

I can't wait for the SDK. Hopefully Gabe will confirm a date that we can look forward to soon. Surely if they can predict the exact day the game will be released on then the SDK release is a piece of piss?

I still don't get it though. They will release it to mod makers only? How can they tell who is making a mod? Surely it will be available for download by anyone.

nope... ;)

(sorry if this annoys anyone :p )

(its complicated.... there is going to be a mod summit in august.. at which 'serious' modmakers get the SDK [it's in america, but uk teams can get it too]

and how can uk teams get it when it is in amerika?

hmmm.. ahhwell if he sais its going to be available then I believe him :)

How will they know how to make it available to? I dont understand why they wouldnt allow anyone to download it? Why is it only avaiable to 'serious' mod makers? How do you define a serious mod maker? How will i get hold of it?

I guess you are serious if you go to thier office to recieve the SDK

That would be stupid. Go to their office which is on the other side of the globe? If its being made available to people over here too then why would you have to travel so far when you arent even going to make money from it.

I think they will make it available to anyone who wants it. Otherwise I imagine that the 'serious' mod makers will share it with the rest of us!

It better be available to download in august, or whenever it comes out, or ill juist go mod, I mean mad...:LOL:

Back