20 Minute Video Demonstration Of Elderscrolls 4: Oblivion!

.. Oblivion graphics for 20 minutes? Crap. Going to push my DSL to the limit =0..

lol I like it when the lady sets her dog on fire.

AI looks pretty good. What's the release date on this?

EDIT: I wanna see a game like this with a big war section in it where you're just one of like 1,000 soldiers. Damn that'd be cool.

EDIT2: nm..Christmas he says.

AmishSlayer said:
lol I like it when the lady sets her dog on fire.

AI looks pretty good. What's the release date on this?

EDIT: I wanna see a game like this with a big war section in it where you're just one of like 1,000 soldiers. Damn that'd be cool.

EDIT2: nm..Christmas he says.
I think it's Nov 25th. I can't believe it's that close. It looks amazing. I think my comp will die trying to play it.

The only bad thing about it was the characters movement + animation. It looked really stilted just like in Morrowind.

That 1.2gb torrent doesn't have any compression methinks. Uber high quality.

Still waiting for this game argh. God damn it looks good.

holy shit that game looks so fun and amazing i will definatly buy it if i upgrade my pc by then

My computer would never be able to play it, guess i will have to get it for xbx 360..

This game looks awsome. Definitely getting it as soon as it comes out.

Looks amazing. I will buy it once I upgrade. Poor ole putter can't even run FEAR.

Makes me want to upgrade earlier... but I'm waiting till like Q2 next year.

Wow. I am really impressed with that video. I hope my PC can run it! It was top of the line until the 7800 came out :-\

I'll probably spend most of my time just wandering the forests--absolutely amazing!!!

I'm getting this for the 360, mmm maxed out quality which me lame comp'd never be able to handle.
Once I get a new comp I'll prolly get it for that tho, and hopefully by then(Late 2k6-Early 2k7) alot of good mods have started coming out for it.:D

Gargantou said:
I'm getting this for the 360, mmm maxed out quality which me lame comp'd never be able to handle.
Once I get a new comp I'll prolly get it for that tho, and hopefully by then(Late 2k6-Early 2k7) alot of good mods have started coming out for it.:D

The Elser Scrolls series has never been big on mods, unfortunetly.

Sheeeet.... I'm definitely buying a 360 for this.

I just hope we'll get to see the same sexxeh Fully Dynamic SoftShadows in the beginning in the outdoor scenes too, the game's oddly lacking'em sometimes, for example at about 8 minutes in the third person fight with the skeletons.
I do hope they add it so that torches etc casts shadows too, ala the Unreal Engine 3.0 demonstration(I know they use different engines but still).:)

I do believe this video is from E3 and was behind doors so they may have fixed things up a bit since then.

WhiteZero said:

My best friend had over 5 gigs of mods for Morrowind, what are you talking about?!

Great video, I'm really looking forward to this. I believe you're right there, Kschreck.

Sweet Jesus. Incredible.

Yep. They really went all out with this one.

o.0 On filefront the video has 2 stars... Wtf? Are they on crack?
I'd make it a 5 star in a heart beat!

WhiteZero said:

Bahahahaha. Other than HL, Morrowind was/is probably the most modded game in the entire universe! :rolling:

I have no problems running any game until summer 2007 :)

Shadow-warrior said:
Bahahahaha. Other than HL, Morrowind was/is probably the most modded game in the entire universe! :rolling:
Unreal, UT2003/4, Quake 3... yeah.

Most of Morrowind's mods are more like "patches", like giving the characters more lines to say and reskinning some random model.

Ummm.
*Rolls on the floor laughing*
*tears start falling down*
http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/
The only thing that has really kept morrowind a huge fan database is mods. It has a horrible engine in how it renders, combat sucks....
On that site alone theres 3311, and more gaining just about every day.

WhiteZero said:

lol as others have already pointed out to you, you couldn't be more wrong about this.

Mods for morrowind are quite different to those you'd get in HL. As the entire game is entirely changable, right down to the individual stats on an item. You can go into the gameworld, add a castle, save then start playing with it right where you placed it. Change quests, add them, add NPC's, creatures, change the types that appeared at specific levels, create entirely new area's, the lot. I had gigs worth of mods for mine that covered all area's and turned it into one hell of a game.

It's just the poor XBox folk who got burned and had to make do with the basic package, unless they started fiddling with the system so they could add the mods but it was never as easy.

Wow that video was amazing. Especially where he goes to that city under attack, it was like something out of a movie. My only gripes with it was just the way the characters seemed to move, well not move but rather er...rotate.

My PC will surely explode running that so I'm going to play it safe and get a 360, at least until I get a decent PC.

As for Morrowind and mods, for me the mods made a good game great.

I'm going to upgrade just for this game.

Uuuhm... anyone want to lend me £600?

Absinthe said:
Sheeeet.... I'm definitely buying a 360 for this.

Me too - it looks great, especially the shadows.

i think my PC can handle it
ill get it for PC ^^

When i get the game for the 360 i'm going to steel and prob kill the whole village. lol

When I say MOD I'm thinking more of TC's than just "Look at this castle I added!" or "Look at this new weapon I added" or "Look at this little island I added".

WhiteZero said:
When I say MOD I'm thinking more of TC's than just "Look at this castle I added!" or "Look at this new weapon I added" or "Look at this little island I added".
Those kinds of mods are only popular in the HL style engine, where you can't really do anything but new maps in full.

mods for Morrowind are using the title mods correctly, modifications. It's the lazy FPS area that forgot to use the TC term, I've seen so called top modmakers not even know what a Total Conversion was *shrugs*

But yeah, morrowind mods are quite different. The whole TES community don't really go for the full on conversions anyway, there's been a few but nobody has been interested because you could do so much with the mod tools and were able to run many mods together and mix and match them that it just naturally leaned to that kind of mods rather than TC's.

If HL2 had been completely open and modable to the extent Morrowind was, you'd not have seen that many TC's for that neither, people would have ended up extending area's and improving (yes improving) on the game itself, but you just can't really do that with HL or the others.. Can with D3 to a point tho.

There was a middle earth one in the works for MW.. but we know there would be no happy ending there.

WhiteZero said:

Then say "the elder scrolls sereis was never much for Total Conversions". There are some for it though.

I have an AMD3400+ with 1gb of shitty slow RAM, and a 256MB ATI 9800 pro. For some weird reason it didn't even run HL2 all that great when I started pushing up the settings. I'm wondering whether a new graphics card would be enough to close the gap for Oblivion, or whether I should just play it safe and get an Xbox 360. I want to play this game so bad, having never played a TES game before.

I guess this vid will help me decide once it finishes dl'ing, but anyone else got any input?

Back