2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

Italy need to be headbutted MORE. FIFA should give Zidane a cash reward.

destrukt said:
umm, there's barely any flaming though there is heated discussion as to whether who thinks who should've won and what not, but that's not flaming.. off-topic in this thread for a substantial amount ? where ?

I was referring to the large amount of reasonable threads recently closed due to flaming and off-topicness. As I said, it was my first time in this thread and I was shocked that it hadn't been closed.

Qonfused said:
I was referring to the large amount of reasonable threads recently closed due to flaming and off-topicness. As I said, it was my first time in this thread and I was shocked that it hadn't been closed.
well, i guess you're just not too sure what's going on, so i'll let your comment slide. ;)

south africa 2010 logo.
aeogae_303887_1[485854].jpg

http://english.ohmynews.com/ArticleView/article_view.asp?menu=&no=303887&rel_no=1&back_url=

i have a couple of friends who want to go, but i'm worried about getting murdered or something. :s

Ludah said:
**** Italy. Bunch of tits who didn't deserve to be up there to begin with. How many more times do you want to collapse in front of the ball and play theatrics, you cockwipes?

Thumbs up to Zidane. Great way to exit your career. You make me proud.
Every frickin team in world cup has players who dive, deal with it. However, not every team has a ****ing IDIOT for a star player, who decides it will be fun to get himself kicked out of the game and bring his team down one player and destroy any chance they had to win without going into PKs.

And Italy doesnt deserve to be up there? This is the sixth final Italy has been in, and the 4th they've won(They're second only to Brazil) this is only the second time France has got to the final, so I'd say its more likely they don't deserve to be up there.

Hey im sorry, I missed the game because I was out of town :(. How did Zidane get his red card?

torso boy said:
Every frickin team in world cup has players who dive, deal with it.

Italy is ****ing Marlon Brando in comparison to others, accept it. There were so many times where they were literally flopping straight onto the ball and assuming the foetal position.

Real classy, lads. Retribution will come soon enough. Materazzi was a piss. Zidane ftw.

abc's montage after the final with the clip of zidane walking off alone, ending his amazing career, was one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

Italy got a penalty resulting from a dive that won them a knockout game.

How many other teams in the final can say that?

Italy played well last two games, but really don't deserve to be there.

Thus is football.

World Cup is NOT about deserving to win. Hell, Australia deserved to win it if it was about sportivity and fighting spirit, but it's not. In the end, we have to suck it up and accept that there will never be such a thing as camera controlled reffing

Its not the first time hes done that. All the same, sad way for his career to end.

The French dived their way to their penalty, but I still think they deserved to win.

Pretty mundane final to be honest. Italy were far more exciting when they played Germany.

This has to be the World Cup that had the most cheating in it though. All of those diving prima donna bastards should be ashamed. More notably the Italians, the French and the Portugese.

The physical diving aside, I hate the face huggers like Henry. Or the shin-grabbers. One little knock and they're acting like they've been pissing shot. It just gripes me to no end.

What we need is more head-butting like big zeezee, then you have an excuse to be in pain.

It was a rather well performed and powerful headbutt to be honest. He might consider a free fighting career:p

they should bann Materazzi from playing any football, he is fooking dirty.

France Man? No sorry, it doesn't instill fear in my heart. Funny pic though.

I am still thinking that the only reason the other ref said anything is because they showed the replay of the incident on the big screen in the stadium which shouldn't be done. Its BS.

Don't get me wrong, its crazy that he did it, but I still think that its better to go out with a bang rather than a whimper. His career is and always will be amazing even with this.

VictimOfScience said:
I am still thinking that the only reason the other ref said anything is because they showed the replay of the incident on the big screen in the stadium which shouldn't be done. Its BS.
Agreed. The ref didn't see a thing, and the linesman should've told the referee straight away if he had seen anything, but I don't think he did.

just saw it on BBC news...... the italian insulted his dying mother :|

Fook all Italian team,

Zidane is an example of the best player in the world,

Gorgon said:
just saw it on BBC news...... the italian insulted his dying mother :|

^^Is this 100% confirmed?

Anyway, my opinion is that zidane did whatever he thought he should do at the time and also bam headbutt that was so cool and unexpected and it seems the materazzi guy had it coming.

Still, congrats to the squadra azzurra.

Back