2008 Games, New Poll

Which Games?

• Total voters

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
Redo. (also adding in more of the famous ones, a mod can add more if they want, (IE: COD5, Force Unleashed, STALKER:Clear Sky, etc. I don't care.)

Which ones did you buy?

Far Cry 2, L4D, Fallout 3, Dead Space

MGS4
GTAIV
Spore
LittleBigPlanet
Mass Effect PC
Midnight Club LA
Call of Duty WaW
Mercenaries 2
Red Alert 3
Battlefield Bad Company

Left 4 Dead and Dead Space. The others are just meh. Especially that mediocre post-apoc FPS/RPG hybrid.

Left 4 Dead. Civ4 Colonisation. NWN2: Storm of Zehir. Red Alert 3. C&C3: Kane's Wrath. Age of Conan.

GTA 4, fable 2, spore, dead space, and I borrowed L4D, fallout 3 and mirrors edge off friends.

GTA4
Battlefield: Bad Company
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
Far Cry 2
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
COD 5
Left 4 Dead

I traded in BIA, FO3 and GOW3 though. I traded BIA in so I could get Dead Space, then I got Fallout, traded that in for Gears, then traded that in for COD. I plan on re-buying GOW when it's a little cheaper and maybe Fallout 3 so I can give it another go.

Maybe.

From the poll:
Left 4 Dead
Metal Gear Solid 4
Fallout 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Mirrors Edge
Dead Space
Little Big Planet

Others:
COD5
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Resistance 2
Gears of War 2
Prince of Persia

I think that's it.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot Kane's wrath came out this year, I got that too.

I also bought GTA4 must forget to 'check' that box. Someone who didn't buy it could make up for me kthx.

Was Mass Effect a 08 game? If so it get's my vote for best single player game of the year and Cod4 for multi fun. Little Big Planet and GTA4 also get my vote.

Of that list I've only got Left 4 Dead. And the only other 2008 release I've got is Audiosurf.

Left 4 Dead or Little Big Planet - the latter certainly being the most technically accomplished and well designed game of this year. It's staggeringly well made and disgustingly beautiful.

Left 4 Dead, FarCry 2, Mount & Blade, Spore, Mass Effect for PC and STALKER: Clear Sky

I bought Fallout 3 GTA 4 Farcry 2 that are on that list. Was going to buy L4D yesterday but bought a new HDD instead so ill be geting that next week.

lol, None. The orange box is the only game I've bought this year, due to other expenses I have to use my pocketmoney on.

Where is call of duty on that list? It has to be one of the best first person shooters of all time (for the action, not the storylin, the HL2 stroyline is better). Get rid of Farcry 2, that is rubbish, (yeah there are some nice moments like healing yourself and unjamming a gun) but all you do is drive somewhere, kill someone and drive somewhere else. And to cap it all you get malaria right when your trying to kill someone. Perfect. F*cking perfect. So, get rid of Farcry 2 and put in Call of Duty 5.

Where is call of duty on that list? It has to be one of the best first person shooters of all time (for the action, not the storylin, the HL2 stroyline is better). Get rid of Farcry 2, that is rubbish, (yeah there are some nice moments like healing yourself and unjamming a gun) but all you do is drive somewhere, kill someone and drive somewhere else. And to cap it all you get malaria right when your trying to kill someone. Perfect. F*cking perfect. So, get rid of Farcry 2 and put in Call of Duty 5.

Did you forget thatr COD 5 is also just a rehash of everything that has came before and nowhere nears the quality of COD4?

Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, Dead Space.

Left 4 Dead, GTA4, Orange Box, Stalker Clear Sky, rFactor and GTR Evolution.

hey 3ssence havent seen you around here in a long time, welcome back :)

I haven't played a single game from that list. Not even tried any of them. What a pathetic geek I am.

L4D
CoD:WaW
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (just a game I bought this year, ofc it isn't a 2008 release and I'm fully aware of that.)
Fallout 3 (I actually thought it was good, except the writing could have been better and have more comedic dialogue.)
Crysis: Warhead
The Orange Box (first was last year 360; wanted to play PC!)
Fable II
GoW2

All great games! EDIT: That was a great year.

The only new game I purchased was Left 4 Dead. But I also purchased Gunman Chronicles, 007 Nightfire and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Left 4 Dead and World of Goo are magnificent. Brawl is great fun too. And those are all the games I've played so...

Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, Dead Space. Bunch of others as well but most of them were old or on special. Probably my most expensive gaming year yet and I didn't even get all the big ones.

As in worst quality? Because this year kicked ass.

I disagree, I think this year had a bunch of hype that turned out to be mediocre.

Back