2009 - no EP3 info!

G(ordon)-man

Reaction score
Didn't Doug Lombardi promised us to show something more about EP3 in the end of 2008? But its 2009! Very embarrassing story.

He said "we may show Episode Three at the end of the year", not "we promise to show Episode Three at the end of the year".

The only cryptic stuff that I found was in PCGAMER about many unused concepts that can be found in Raising the Bar will be making an appearence (dearly hoping for some cremator fun)

also that they saw whiteboards full of info, but didn't reveal (bast*rds)

Hoping this means will be getting info within the next month

In other news, theres an article on Black Mesa in PCZONE

It's Valve. We knew the answer the minute he said it.

Since when has Valve ever done something on time. You should have taken getting the EP3 info with a grain of salt.

End of 2008 = End of 2009.

Its Valve.

I find it worrying that the juiciest stuff PCG might have access to are 'whiteboards full of info'. I can scribble cool stuff all over a whiteboard myself, but I would be some way off having anything I could call a game.

I'm just glad I have Star Trek to occupy my mind :D

I love how a "May do" becomes a "Promise" with these things.

I would love to see the Hydra make a return, though I wont hold my breath, heh.

Would be nice to see some info on it in the near future.

Valve breaks my heart!
Guess its back to stare at the EP-3 picture for another month and hope for the best

There's plenty of information around, if you know where to look.

Alright, if I hear about Mr.Friendly one more time, I'll pee my pants.

Valve always known for delays. I remember we were guarenteed to have Orange Box enhancements for Half-Life 2 "soon" and it hasn't happened more than a year.

Who cares how long it takes, as long as the game is really good when we play it.

Didn't Doug Lombardi promised us to show something more about EP3 in the end of 2008? But its 2009! Very embarrassing story.

I never really believed it when Doug said it, it actually seemed very obvious it wasn't going to happen. Im sure during the first half of this year we'll get info and stuff.

Plus, Doug did use the word 'may' which means they may or may not. You gotta always keep in mind words like those when it comes to valve. Its not like he said 'We are definitly gonna show it this year'. He was just being asked about it, and probably so people would **** off with the Ep3 questions he said we may talk about it at the end of the year.

valve are really good at lettin gpeople down aren't they?

edit: sorry this was a mistake, how do you delete messages?

valve are really good at letting people down aren't they?

Valve always known for delays. I remember we were guarenteed to have Orange Box enhancements for Half-Life 2 "soon" and it hasn't happened more than a year.

Not sure we were ever promised that?

And I'm not that fussed to be honest. I know it'll be great when it gets here. Loads of stuff to occupy myself until then.

But thinking about the possibility of the Cremator being included does make me go all squiggly inside.

Some one posted an e-mail they sent to Valve/Gabe Newell, and it said we would get it. I think it posted here and Steam forums, or the other.

Actually now i am wondering that if cremator has the acid/flame gun, could Gordon get and use it?

The Combine Assassin became the Fast Zombie. The AI was slightly modified but they are pretty much the same.

Sorry to be pedantic but the Prowler became the fast zombie (there was even a zombie version of the Prowler that looks just like the fast zombie) The Combine Assassin is the Female Combine with the same helmet as the Combine Elite who is very similar to the Female Assassins from the original Half-Life.
Personally I want to see her in the next game as well as Cremator though I don't feel he will be used now as his role was to clean the streets of City 17 and we are long gone from there now...

I doubt that Combine Assassins will make an appearance, simply because the gameplay mechanic has already been done in HL1 and new challenges are preferable to rehashed old ones.

Back