2009 - no EP3 info!

Well yes, but on the other hand it's been 16 months since we would have received a trailer under the old regime and all we have so far are 3 pieces of concept art. Sure showing the Ep 2 trailer so early may not have been the wisest of decisions; but the one thing they did manage to do was keep the fans engaged all the way between Episode One and Two with a constant stream of information.

That model has changed completely by keeping us engaged through multiplayer content instead, and while it may keep me happy, it doesn't really keep me 'interested'.

True - after all, it is supposed to be "Episode" 3 - it won't feel so much like an episode if it takes three years to come out.
I guess I'd prefer Valve to take their time a bit with this episode since they have large expectations to fill; it'd be lame if the last episode of an awesome story arc was a let-down.

If you want to lose money, yeah that's a fantastic marketing strategy.

I highly doubt such a strategy would hurt the sales of the concluding episode of without question one of the best video games ever made.

The day it's released you'll see people waiting in lines at video game stores and I'll bet Steam's download servers will either crash or run extremely slow..

I'm starting to lose my initial doubt regarding Episode 3's length. I figured it would be a little longer than the other two episodes, but now like someone stated earlier I'm starting to think it'll be the length of an entire game onto its own. Unless they are going agonizingly slow.

I think it's impressive, personally.

I'm sure it will be at least as long as HL2.

Like Valve has stated before in regards to Episode 3's development time.... Perfection takes time.

If Episode 3 was rushed out and ended up sucking, Valve's reputation would be destroyed IMO.

You never know. I'm sure EA calls some of the shots for Valve as far as marketing goes, and this has been obvious since Valve and EA joined forces.

Plus, E3 is the venue to showcase a new game and you know it.

Well.... I for one will be @ E3 this year.

The lack of information is getting a bit ridiculous.

Not on the scale of the HL to HL2 deadzone, but still.

I'm sure it will be at least as long as HL2.
I doubt that very much. Although on the other hand I think we can all pretty much agree now that Valve's idea of episodic content hasn't quite worked out as they first intended. In fact it's pretty much failed on that front so maybe, hopefully, they can also fail on the idea of episodic content being shorter (more frequent) installments & just give us a full length, in the traditional sense of the term, first person shooter. That would be good & worth the wait.

With Steam, TF2, L4D and various engine updates that they have to keep up with, I doubt we'll be seeing Episode 3 for a while.

I wouldn't expect anything but more cryptic information by the end of the year.

The lack of info really is getting out of control but I believe in valve. With that said if they don't make a showin at e3 I'm going to be very sad.

I have a feeling we will be seeing something very soon, don't know why.

People have been having that feeling since EP2 came out! If by 'soon' you mean by the end of the year then I reckon you just might be on the button there. But I think it's highly unlikely for E3, epsecially since Valve don't have there own stand. More likey I think that they will do their own thing a bit later down the line.

Valve doesn't really need a booth when they just want to announce something. A meeting room is good though. But I think Valve was in a "suite" last year for L4D, so you never know.

I would like to think that valve will release information a week before the game is actually released but its enormously unlikely.

Yeah. Poor Gordon, too many months to survive without anything to do.

2dih6k4.jpg

Episode 3 is not mentioned in the EA Lineup for E3 ... :hmph:

Where is this list?

And that's probably because Valve is going to represent themselves.

dude same here,to me it seems like they are keeping it from us for a reason,and then all of a sudden they are going to tell us something with the release not too far after.Wouldnt it be cool if all of sudden tomorow at like 3:30 its released haha with no word about it?:LOL:

"Half life 2 WILL be coming out this september"

-Doug Lombardi, 2003.

I always find it hilarious to go and look back at all the really old threads from 2004 and read about the HL2 speculation and all the constant talk about it 'coming out soon'. It's funny how HL2 was always coming out soon, even back in June of '03.

Man, the days before HL2 was released were the best.
All of those awesome E3 videos and the speculation.

I haven't been hyped like that in ages.

Where is this list?

And that's probably because Valve is going to represent themselves.

saw it on the gamestar homepage:

http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/rollenspiel/1956057/electronic_arts.html

Boom Blox Bash Party
EA Sports Active
Fight Night Round 4
Grand Slam Tennis
MySims Agents
MySims Racing
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
The Saboteur
The Sims 3
Warhammer Online
Dragon Age: Origins
NCAA Football 10
Battlefield 1943
Brutal Legend
Madden NFL 10
Spore Galactic Adventures
Need for Speed Nitro
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Dead Space Extraction
Army of Two TFD
Spore Hero
Spore Hero Arena
GI Joe
Mass Effect 2

do we have confirmation that Valve are coming to E3?

They better talk about ep3, i'll assasinate them if they don't.
Whoa whoa whoa. I'm angreh about them being so tight-lipped about the project too, but lets not obliterate one of the best game developers in the world. Just give it another month. I'm starting to feel confident that they'll reveal some stuff at E3.

It would seem absurd if they didn't - as I've said before, I feel like they're waiting for E3 to reveal anything about EP3 instead of releasing inaccurate info earlier.

I'll believe it when I see it, at the moment my expectations are that Episode 3 is heading down the path of Duke Nukem: Forever. I doubt anything Episode 3 related is at the Valve booth, if they are indeed there... and I severly doubt Episode 3 is releasing this year.

Coming up on june here, haven't heard a word about episode 3....

at the moment my expectations are that Episode 3 is heading down the path of Duke Nukem: Forever.
You think it'll be in development for 12 years and ultimately bankrupt the developers? Really?
I remain hopeful that Valve will pry apart their tight lips at E3 but I don't necessarily believe it myself.

Interesting.

gamestar.de (they also publish a magazine, or related to some magazine) always get exclusive information (I remember 'em having like hundreds of Half-Life 2 screenshots before the release).

You think it'll be in development for 12 years and ultimately bankrupt the developers? Really?
I remain hopeful that Valve will pry apart their tight lips at E3 but I don't necessarily believe it myself.

Perhaps that was a slight exageration, TF2 is a more accurate comparison.

Because it's not E3 yet?

I don't know how credible this is:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9996610&postcount=60

It says in the post "something new and shiny" but that could be absolutely anything. Also, in another post on that thread, it says that Valve didn't book a booth and that it simply could be that it is just a meeting with a publisher (i.e: EA).

EDIT: Fvck, could a moderator merge my previous post with this one? I forgot to multi-quote.

I could see if the reason it was taking so long was a lot of upgrades to the source engine, but if this turns out to be just a 5 hour game with some new maps and sounds then I'd like to see valve's explanation for the delay. (let's keep in mind Ep2 came out in 2007)

I don't think the actual storyline etc. is slowing them down, they are (maybe) upgrading the Source engine and increasing the overal graphics of the game.

Crysis Life: Episode 3 :sleep:

If not, I still wouldn't care because they have a history full of epic win.

Back