2009 :o

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So with 2008 now in the past what games are one everyones rader coming into 2009. It seems that big september > xmas rush has left a bit of a drout and I'm curious as to whats on the horizon.

For me right now
EvE Online: Apocryha
Dawn of War II
Empires: Total War
Mafia 2

Well if we're lucky Natural Selection 2 will get finished this year.

Just off the top of my head:

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Brutal Legend
Damnation
Dawn of War 2
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Prototype
Red Faction 3
Splatterhouse

Well, the game probably won't come out this year, but I heard from reliable people that a new MechWarrior console or computer game will be announced this year, with a focus on online interactions.

Also, according to a reliable Japanese magazine, Capcom are preparing a sequel to Steel Battalion for the XB360, the controller this time around will be wireless.:)

Well, the game probably won't come out this year, but I heard from reliable people that a new MechWarrior console or computer game will be announced this year, with a focus on online interactions.

Also, according to a reliable Japanese magazine, Capcom are preparing a sequel to Steel Battalion for the XB360, the controller this time around will be wireless.:)
That's awesome! I always wanted to try out Steel Battalion for the Xbox but I never managed to save up my money before buying a different, less expensive game.

Well if we're lucky Natural Selection 2 will get finished this year.

You ****ing sexy devil. I was going to say that.

Also adding to the list.......

StarCraft 2
Diablo III
Playboy Penthouse 3: The Return of Heff

Dragon Age
Diablo 3 (hopefully)
Mafia 2
Star Trek Online (hopefully)
Lego Universe
Star Wars: The Old Republic (hopefully)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Alpha Protocol

Make your first move so what's it gonna be, you're trapped in the new world of Street Fighter...uh...IV.

I can't think of any other games. Not that there aren't any other games I'm looking forward to in 2009, I'm just completely blind to everything else but SFIV right now. I honestly can't even think of one other game. Ask me after February 17.

Empire: Total War
East India Trading Company
Starcraft 2(Maybe)
Diablo 3(Maybe)
Duke Nukem Forever(Maybe)
The Sims 3

Dawn of War II
StarCraft II
Diablo 3
Operation Flashpoint 2 (or ARMA2 or both!)
Alan Wake (a man can dream)
HL2 Episode 3 (acctully anything from valve)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (I always seem to be looking forward to MMOs, but never end up playing them)

I know I forgot somthing but nevermind.

Mafia 2 definately.
and that Velvet Assasin also looks good.

Hopefully EA doesn't screw MOH: Operation Anaconda over. Maybe they can return the MOH series back to the AA days.

Definately
Sims 3
StarCraft II
Diablo 3
Operation Flashpoint 2
Alan Wake
HL2 Episode 3
Prototype

Maybe
Natural Selection 2
Portal 2
Entropia CryEngine Update

Not Likely
Duke Nukem Forever
Counterstrike 2

Episode 3
Starcraft 2
Dawn of War 2
Diablo III (probably not)

I don't think these have been mentioned yet:
Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Natural Selection 2
Episode 3 I'll get but I don't think I'm looking forward to it as much as most people here.
I could see the new Aliens game being either great or terrible. Hopefully it's good and I'll have to get it.

Yes I was just kidding I know these have all been mentioned several times. I haven't looked forward to so many games in a long time, and even though I highly doubt all of them will be released this year, it should be a good year.

I could see the new Aliens game being either great or terrible. Hopefully it's good and I'll have to get it.

L4D, but with aliens that spew out acid after being shot at :D

Oh and Handheld Trackers, Automated Turrets and Welding Tools :bounce:

All I care about is Black Mesa: Source.

bioshock 2
dawn of war 2
deus ex 3
empire total war
fear 2
half life 2 ep 3
heavy rain
killzone 2

I just watched the new trailer for Prototype. Every game I listed earlier besides Prototype can now suck it, even Aliens.

Mafia 2, Black Mesa and HL2 Ep 3 (if it comes out this year) are the three games I'm looking forward to most.

Had to read through the thread because I honestly couldn't think of any games coming out this year.

Sims 3 could be fun. Little bit of Resident Evil 5 maybe... sprinkling of Dragon Age.

S'about it, I think. Still haven't checked out everything from 2008. :|

Dawn of War 2 - As long as the updated relic servers although my router to play on them :(
Fear 2
Half-Life 2: EP3 - One can hope.
Operation Flashpoint 2
Resident Evil 5
Sims 3
Alan Wake
Mafia 2
Black Mesa: Source

Not a single one of you is excited for Street Fighter IV? Not one?

Oh, you fucking heathens. What am I even doing on this forum that hates fighting games?

You're all scrubs. You...you...DOUBLE SCRUBS

Hey, I like fighting games! So long as they're about superb slam-siblings.

Back