4 maps will get old fast

F

fredbass

I know that Dod:S is basically a freebee for me since I purchased the Silver package a long time ago b4 HL2 was released, but I certainly hope that there will be additional maps released at a later date, cause having 4 will get old fast.

Without a doubt, remember that cs:source only had like 8 maps when it was released, and imo DoD:source has taken a lot more work than CS.

Put it this way - with the regular map releases for CS:S - if they did the same with DoD then I'll be very impressed at their workrate.

There will be many more maps to come, just like in CS:S. Don't worry.

Either A.)Make your own maps or B.)Don't play the game...

Not difficult decisions here.

While that might be true, I am pretty sure that more maps will be forthcoming.

lol, maybe, but frankly i find about 4 maps in any game that are good and i want to play regularyly (i know not everyone does this) like in Cs i basically play dust 1 and 2, italy, and maybe compound or something, polus we wont have to wait long till more maps are out

DiSTuRbEd said:
Either A.)Make your own maps or B.)Don't play the game...

Not difficult decisions here.

Now that was a bright comment, how old are you 5?

I don't know why I feel the need to respond to such rediculous comments, but I guess you've caught me in the right mood.

A) no, I'm not a map maker. and B) yes, I won't play when I become bored until other maps are available. C) your right, the decision is very easy.
D) And when COD2 gets here, I'll be playing it even less. :LOL:

someone to even think this is really dumb.

everyone knows more maps will comne.. by the bucket by valve and dod team.

4 maps will be plenty fun... people in cs:s and 1.6 play dust 2 mainly still after like 6 yrs?
LOL

now you wasted my time making me type this with 1 hand, enjoy dod:s tonight.

look for my name and say Hi

fredbass said:
Now that was a bright comment, how old are you 5?

No I was thinking thats how old you were when you made this thread.

Not if the maps are really good.
I play office almost all the time on CS:S... never gets old ;)

Yellonet said:
Not if the maps are really good.
I play office almost all the time on CS:S... never gets old ;)

That's a good point. Most custom maps aren't that good. That's why I'm concerned about how many official maps have been released. But anyway, it's something new to play and it's free so I'm looking forward to getting what I can out of it.:cheers:

OmegaX said:
There will be many more maps to come, just like in CS:S. Don't worry.

Iam with omegax, there will be plenty released within a week!
Dont worry
SL1

Not for I. I usually play one map and love it to no end, no matter how many maps there are. Like in HL2: DM; the only map I ever play in is Lockdown. And in MoH: AA; I always played the Southern France map and that was all. Specializing in a certain map is what I do best, but can also sometimes be my handicap. :\

Also there are lots of mappers doing maps for DoD:S. And it looks like they will just need 1-2 weeks of DoDS being released to release their maps.

I be doing a dod:s map.. first map I have done for 3yrs. Its gonna be a setting in a burnt out town, main cap point being a bridge with multiple routes across bridge and to middle.

Back