4 year Woes LOL

gazza381

Reaction score
Hi Guy's
I have spent the last 4 years collecting junk/ saw blades & power packs along the way from the start of HL2. I have believe it or not collected 82off power modules & 28 circular saw blades amongst other junk but I am now up to entanglement & I cant take the friggin stuff up the lift. No matter what I do I cannot take the items up the lift. Like I said I have been doing this now for 4 years & am a bit peeved to say the least. Please download the below saved games to check it out for yourself if you do not believe me.
I know I need to get a life but I have spent so much time on this that I would like to finish it.

Saved games are located at http://zeeob.com/gazza381

Any help would be appreciated

Gazza

Pretty sure its designed not to let you take anything with you, to prevent people taking turrents onto the next stages.

I suppose you could cheat and spawn the stuff you have on the other side but I suppose that goes against your, err, mission.

Edit: we are talking about this lift aren't we?

51.jpg

Edit2: Your saved games crash my HL2 but from the thumbnails I'm not thinking of the same spot you are talking about.

I considered doing that, but figured it would be way too hard to get past the antlion sections in Highway 17.

Four years doing this? I hate to tell you this, but that sounds like a waste of time. It's like trying to beat Left 4 Dead with Medkit melee; impossible.

Correct semi-colon use there?

Four years doing this? I hate to tell you this, but that sounds like a waste of time. It's like trying to beat Left 4 Dead with Medkit melee; impossible.

Correct semi-colon use there?

Nah, wrong. Just use comma.

I remember beating the Left 4 Dead demo on Advanced using only medkit melee. Maybe I should try it again.

^

They've changed the melee since the demo, after a few hits, you have to wait a few seconds to do another.

About time imo.

Four years practicing, or four years harvesting all the debris in the same saved game?

Cripes, how do you even move all that junk around? I also tried taking stuff trough the game, but the continous walking back and forth worked on my nerves.

This is surely as far as anything can go since the teleport doesn't literally teleport its contents to the next level. Surely it's just an array of effects that loads a new map for the player. The only other thing to come through the teleport with you - the Alyx entity - is unlikely to be shunted over the level load too. They'd just pop a new one in the next map.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies ( I Think LOL ). Its not the teleporter that wont let my shite through its the lift at the entanglement stage. I will post some screen shots of the lift.

Attachments

• half-life-083.jpg
    half-life-083.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 284
  • half-life-090.jpg
    half-life-090.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 300
Either way mate , your not gonna get that stuff through I'm affraid. Good work up to this point though.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies ( I Think LOL ). Its not the teleporter that wont let my shite through its the lift at the entanglement stage. I will post some screen shots of the lift.

Damn dude it must take at least 2 minutes to move everything from 1 end of a hallway to another.

You planning to submerge a deadbody in these pile of debris or something??

It has taken a life time to get all that shite to the lift. I knew I would not get it through the teleporter but wanted to see if I could at least get it there. When I stuff it all together in the lift it either disappears through the walls of the lift when it moves or somehow ends up mashed together in a large ball that wont come apart. I dont want to start cheating now but thought that someone here might be able to enlighten me as to how I can get past the lift.

Hi Guys,

Lol what settings do you have that on....

yeah man, get a new graphics card if your going to be as [hardcore?] as this.

THE ITEMS WILL LIVE THROUGH YOUR MEMORY THEYLL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN BY YOUUUU

Why the hell would you lug those items around, its pointless

As lulzy and weird as this is, I'm impressed by your dedication, and it must be a pain in the ass, the situation you're in now D: Best of luck on your, um, mission!

so i guess the episode 2 achievement of little rocket man will seem easy after all that

Back