50 Most Loathsome People in America, 2007

Americas history of Slavery, Anti-Black legislation and lynchings???

Seems sensible to think that might still exist.

Not when slavery, anti-black legislation and lynchings are all history - today, instead, America has anti-white legislation, and black people receive a disproportionate amount of concessions.

And who the hell bases their conclusions off what "seems sensible to think", rather than the stats?

Not when slavery, anti-black legislation and lynchings are all history - today, instead, America has anti-white legislation, and black people receive a disproportionate amount of concessions.

And who the hell bases their conclusions off what "seems sensible to think", rather than the stats?

He's right though!
Look, Irish Catholics were repressed, the Penal Laws were passed and the English conspired with Phytophthora infestans to wipe out their population!
Makes sense that this must still be happening then. No wai could Irish Republicans ever have conducted a terrorist campaign against Britain for 30 years, that wouldn't be historically consistent...

I didn't say that - in fact, it's pretty easy to understand what I did say. If blacks killing whites is 50 times more common than the other way around, 50 times more of the white-on-black murders would have to be racially motivated in order to make the racist killings equal.
Even if 90% of white on black killings were racist, and only 10% vice versa - extremely unlikely in itself - there would still be more racist murders committed by blacks against whites.

that's one hell of a leap of faith ..you have no way of determining that to any degree of certainty ..for all you it could be that the majority of those were white women being killed by their black spouse/boyfriend/etc - not racially motivated ... without quantifying that statement to any degree it renders it a wide sweeping generalization ..in essence you're saying that because it is disporportionate it MUST be racially motivated but havent provided any evidence to support that notion

that's one hell of a leap of faith ..you have no way of determining that to any degree of certainty ..for all you it could be that the majority of those were white women being killed by their black spouse/boyfriend/etc - not racially motivated ... without quantifying that statement to any degree it renders it a wide sweeping generalization ..in essence you're saying that because it is disporportionate it MUST be racially motivated but havent provided any evidence to support that notion

No, that's not what I'm saying.
If anything, it's a ludicrous leap of faith to believe that racially motivated murder against blacks is more common than against whites, when there are many times more whites killed by blacks than vice versa.
At the base level you would naturally expect that there is a roughly equal percentage of race-related murder in each case, and work from there. Blacks kill many times more whites than vice versa, it's certainly reasonable to expect that they therefore commit many more racially motivated murders than whites, and ridiculous to suggest that the opposite is the case, when it's so statistically implausible.

No, that's not what I'm saying.
If anything, it's a ludicrous leap of faith to believe that racially motivated murder against blacks is more common than against whites, when there are many times more whites killed by blacks than vice versa.
At the base level you would naturally expect that there is a roughly equal percentage of race-related murder in each case, and work from there. Blacks kill many times more whites than vice versa, it's certainly reasonable to expect that they therefore commit many more racially motivated murders than whites, and ridiculous to suggest that the opposite is the case, when it's so statistically implausible.

could you repost the stats plz

could you repost the stats plz

The black population of the USA is about 12%.
The white population of the USA is about 81%.

This means there are 6.75 times as many white people as black people in the USA.

There are about seven times more murders of whites by blacks than vice versa, total. Therefore, a black guy is 47.25 times more likely to kill a white guy than vice versa.

This means that, relative to the population, whites would need to commit 47.25 racially motivated murders for every single racist murder by blacks, just to make the figures EQUAL.

Which, frankly, is about as likely as the existence of God.

...when there are many times more whites killed by blacks than vice versa...

Define many times? From the link I posted above:
Although slightly less true now than before, most murders are intraracial
From 1976 to 2005 --

86% of white victims were killed by whites
94% of black victims were killed by blacks

That's only a 8% difference.

From that same link in 2005:

Total whites killing blacks: 337
Total blacks killing whites: 934

So I dont know where you are getting that blacks are 7 times more likely to kill whites than vice versa.

Define many times? From the link I posted above:

That's only a 8% difference.

Um, that's the percentage of murders of the total committed against the same race. Has nothing to do with anything.

From that same link in 2005:

Total whites killing blacks: 337
Total blacks killing whites: 934

So I dont know where you are getting that blacks are 7 times more likely to kill whites than vice versa.

My bad, I got confused with the other figure. So the figure is three times higher - taking the population into account, that's still 21 times more black on white murders than vice versa.

And it's still about as likely as the existence of God that there are more racially motivated murders of blacks by whites.

Um, that's the percentage of murders of the total committed against the same race. Has nothing to do with anything.

My bad, I got confused with the other figure. So the figure is three times higher - taking the population into account, that's still 21 times more black on white murders than vice versa.

And it's still about as likely as the existence of God that there are more racially motivated murders of blacks by whites.

again that's one hell of a leap of faith ...you're just assuming based on an arbitrary set of numbers ..it could be a disparity between number of spousal murders and the number of mixed relationships according to gender ..or it could be that far more blacks are involved in a particular crime where whites are the victems a disporportionate number of times in comparison towhites ..such as white store owners being shot by a black assailant during a robbery or what have you ...without examining every single case individually your point doesnt hold up

incidentily what do they mean by "white"? caucasian? caucasian technically can be someone from india or indiana ...please post your source so we can examine it further

Back