50 Most Loathsome People in America, 2007

Haw haw haw! Oh wow, repiV you just made my "Easiest Flame Ever".

:LOL:

I was thinking more of you v Stern. Since he's less flamey.

Oh right. Stern's cool.

I'm just not in a very good mood at the moment, perfect venue for an argument. ;)

Bah humbug. Communists..... *shakes head*

Irksome said:
- Liberals, leftist, and socialm are to blame for all of the worlds woes.

Duh. Did you just realize this now?

Anyway, I found this funny; #32 was hillarious. :D But I still want them arrested for sedition.

:p

Victim of the next 9/11, which consists of two radio-controlled hobby planes smashing into his face.

I just hope they broadcast it live, so that the entire world can see.

over and over and over again and from different angles with commentary throughout

RepiV said:
Why would I need to go to New York? I live in London for christ's sakes.
The difference between the US and Britain is, while cultural differences within the US are vast, all are unified by the core values the nation holds dear. Even if you're a Sikh living in New York, you're still an American first and foremost. People go to America to be American, people come to Britain to be themselves.
Ironically, this is changing of late and the US as we speak is being torn apart by the vast fundamental differences in culture between left and right.
In Britain, we don't make any attempt to draw immigrants into our way of life. We let them be, even encourage them to be "diverse", and as a result they form their own, complete separate cultures - with very little in common with us except land space. That is a negative thing.

Hi.

I am British.

The above individual does not speak for me or my country.

Thank you.

over and over and over again and from different angles with commentary throughout

And slow motion replays. And a follow u documentary two parter a week later following the aftermath.

repiV once again you make many claims about americans but you don't really seem to know what you are talking about. Why are you repeating this right wing bullshit that liberals are destroying America?

Have you ever lived in america? Have you payed any attention to the politics of this country? In case you haven't maybe this will be a newsflash for you.

Liberalism has been dead in this country for decades. Being called a liberal in this country is on the level of calling someone a communist. There has not been a liberal in control of this country since Carter, and even then you can argue how liberal he really was. The conservatives (including the DLC favorite Bill Clinton) have been in control of all our laws my entire American life. For the last 7 out of 8 years the extreme right has had control of the entire government and we now see where that has lead us. And you are going to sit here and say that liberals are the problem? That liberals are destroying this country? This tells me that you are totally naive in regards to our politics and should probably refrain from commenting on them again or that you simply can not see through whatever partisan glasses you are wearing.

I will trade your government for mine any day. See, here in the US where liberals don't hold any power I am currently uninsured because I can not afford to pay $200 a month for healhcare. So lets say I got in a motorycle accident iin this country. Do you have any idea what would happen? I would be ****ed.

And the fact you continue to repeat that racism doesn't exist in this country tells me you must have been living under a rock this year. Did you hear of the black 17 year old who spent 2 years in prison for getting head from a white girl? Hear of the jena six? Hear of all those nooses being hung around the south? Shall I go on?

I wouldn't trade my government for Britain's. I hear they have problems, too, you see!

9. You

You suddenly give a damn about border integrity, because the automated voice system at your pharmacy asked you to press 9 for Spanish.

Voice System At the Phamacy? WTF?

You cling to every scrap of bullshit you can find to support your ludicrous belief system

I don't Have a belief System

You hate anyone who seems smarter than you.
A lot of my friends are smarter than me.

You love to blame people for their misfortunes, even if it means screwing yourself over.

No I don't.

Your knowledge of politics and government are dwarfed by your concern for Britney Spears' children.

Absolutely Not.

You think buying Chinese goods stimulates our economy.

Not Necissarily

You think you're going to get universal health care.

The NHS.

You think the government is actually trying to improve education.

And They Are

You think watching CNN makes you smarter

nope.

You think two parties is enough.

We have three main ones.

You can't spell.

Oh yes I can!!

You think $9 trillion in debt is manageable.

No I don't.

You believe in an afterlife for the sole reason that you don't want to die.

As previously stated, I don't.

You think lowering taxes raises revenue. You think the economy's doing well.

It's not really

You're an idiot.

Prove It.

9. You

You have this uncontrollable urge to refute an online article when it's directed at yourself (negatively).

I doubt healthcare is the only thing he pays for >:3

Rent, food, utilities, school, insurance, bills, etc, amounts to a lot more than $1000 a month.

Thankfully I have my parents to pay for my healthcare- although life is a lot easier if you enlist in the Navy for 2-4 years. I mean, if you so choose. I didn't. But it's a good option.

So, you're not working a full time job?
Actually I work a full time job along with various other contract jobs. My company, like many, if not most, doesn't offer any kind of health insurance.

Voice System At the Phamacy? WTF?

I don't Have a belief System

A lot of my friends are smarter than me.

No I don't.

Absolutely Not.

Not Necissarily

The NHS.

And They Are

nope.

We have three main ones.

Oh yes I can!!

No I don't.

As previously stated, I don't.

It's not really

Prove It.

....but ...you're not american ..this doesnt apply to you

Heh, I don't think I've ever seen anyone piss off repiV that much. Pretty f*ckin' epic.

A++++ would read again

36. Master Chief

Charges: Unquestioning cybernetic super soldier of Halo 3's futuristic virtual dystopia; lacks free will and a face. Feature article treating him as a cultural phenomenon in Time magazine marked a low point for both franchises. Stupid name.

Master Chief isn't a name, it's a rank. And he isn't American.

THE FOOLS!

repiV once again you make many claims about americans but you don't really seem to know what you are talking about. Why are you repeating this right wing bullshit that liberals are destroying America?

I wasn't just talking about America - the UK and Europe too.

Have you ever lived in america? Have you payed any attention to the politics of this country? In case you haven't maybe this will be a newsflash for you.

Liberalism has been dead in this country for decades. Being called a liberal in this country is on the level of calling someone a communist. There has not been a liberal in control of this country since Carter, and even then you can argue how liberal he really was. The conservatives (including the DLC favorite Bill Clinton) have been in control of all our laws my entire American life. For the last 7 out of 8 years the extreme right has had control of the entire government and we now see where that has lead us. And you are going to sit here and say that liberals are the problem? That liberals are destroying this country? This tells me that you are totally naive in regards to our politics and should probably refrain from commenting on them again or that you simply can not see through whatever partisan glasses you are wearing.

I'm saying that the people in charge of the US at the moment are not conservatives, in any way, shape or form. The extreme right as you and I understand it today is a bizarre offshoot of the extreme left.
Neocons believe in big government, constant state infringement into personal lives, high taxes, restriction of civil liberties, Orwellian levels of surveillance, interventionist foreign policy - NONE of these are conservative values.
Bush is no more of a conservative than Obama.
Haven't you ever noticed that the Bush-cheering morons repeatedly level the same criticisms at "demoncraps" (hahaha, hilarious...) that can be levelled at Bush? For that matter, haven't you noticed that any intelligent conservative despises Bush as much as you do, if not more?
Conservatives stand for self-reliance and self-responsibility. In other words, small government.
In fact, you could say that "liberal" and "conservative" are no longer relevant terms - the real battleground these days is between statists and individualists. And both Democrats AND Republicans are statists - the only exception being Ron Paul.

But with regards to liberalism being dead in the US - the dumbest, most insane liberals I've spoken to have been American. Mirror copies of their Bush-cheering counterparts. They just come from San Francisco or New York instead of Texas...
And 50% of the popular vote doesn't say liberalism is dead to me.

I will trade your government for mine any day. See, here in the US where liberals don't hold any power I am currently uninsured because I can not afford to pay $200 a month for healhcare. So lets say I got in a motorycle accident iin this country. Do you have any idea what would happen? I would be ****ed.

In this country I can pretty much guarantee you'd earn significantly less money for the same work and have much, much higher living expenses - so you'd probably be worse off here than you would be in the States if you sucked it up and paid the $200 a month.
Our government sees itself as the puppet master - they know what's best for everyone, we must all be watched and controlled. Any kind of risk-taking is bad form or even illegal in some cases, and everyone should live a sheltered, regimented life of 9-5 and watching TV. Kids don't have a childhood anymore, because they don't get to play outside like they used to, and get homework and tests from the age of five. This country has 20% of the entire world's CCTV cameras. We're breeding a generation of socially stunted, dysfunctional, undereducated youths with no common sense and who just accept everything without question.
This is a country where you can and will get fined for not displaying a no-smoking sticker on your company car, you'll get caught on 300 different CCTV cameras each day and the government can easily track your movement around London and soon enough the whole country through an extensive network of roadside cameras and uniquely registered swipecards for public transport. Where you can be arrested for wearing a t-shirt that says "Bollocks to Blair" or anything that could be deemed as 'offensive' (and this has happened, on multiple occassions), where you have no right to silence in petty motoring cases - because government revenue and speed camera partnership profits are more important than fundmental civil rights. Where you cannot get a fair trial in such a case because the magistrates are in league with the people who stand to make money from convictions and the Crown Prosecution Service and the police will lie their way to victory in court with impunity. Likewise, parking enforcement is done by private companies whose employees have to issue a certain number of tickets each day to keep their job, and you can be forced to pay the fine with no recourse through the courts as it's no longer a criminal matter, but they can still send bailiffs round to take away all your possession if you don't pay up. The councils keep 100% of the revenue from parking fines and do everything in their power to extract as much cash from as many people as possible.
Both systems rely on threats and intimidation to get people to pay up, rather than see justice is done - if you challenge a ticket, you have to pay more by default if you lose.
And this is just examples from my OWN area of interest - this kind of Soviet bullshit encompasses all society. It's why there are more Brits living abroad than any other nationality except India and China.
It's stifling, and only getting worse.

And the fact you continue to repeat that racism doesn't exist in this country tells me you must have been living under a rock this year. Did you hear of the black 17 year old who spent 2 years in prison for getting head from a white girl? Hear of the jena six? Hear of all those nooses being hung around the south? Shall I go on?

So? There are plenty of similar examples in reverse - and several times more white people are killed by black people than the other way around.
Also, black people won't get denied a rightfully deserved university place due to "affirmative action".

So? There are plenty of similar examples in reverse - and several times more white people are killed by black people than the other way around.
Also, black people won't get denied a rightfully deserved university place due to "affirmative action".

I dont have too much time to reply to the rest but this part really caught my attention. Examples?

And do you really want to relate random violance that had asbolutely nothing to do with race (most black murders are black on black BTW) to actions that clearly were race motivated? Come on, you're smarter than that.

And you are right, no black people will be denied access to a university because of affirmitive action. Unfortuneately most of them won't make it far enough to worry about that because many of them will not have access to the same good public education most white people in this country get, basic health care that most rich people get, and will probably be discriminated against if they happen to do something stupid in their youth and have to face a judge.

I dont have too much time to reply to the rest but this part really caught my attention. Examples?

I've given numerous examples during my time here, but I don't keep a bunch handy. Good enough is to realise that any case of white on black violence becomes headline news and is always considered a racist attack, yet black on white violence is usually downplayed and never assumed to be racist.

And do you really want to relate random violance that had asbolutely nothing to do with race (most black murders are black on black BTW) to actions that clearly were race motivated? Come on, you're smarter than that.

I know most black violence is black on black - as most white violence is white on white. Yet black violence is many times more common than white violence - what does that tell you?
There are eight times as many murders of whites by blacks as the other way around, and yet there are vastly more white people in America. And it's us who are at fault here?
A rough estimate would say that given the population differences, black on white violence is over 50 times more common than the other way around - given that, it's statistically impossible for racist attacks against blacks to be more common than the other way around.

And you are right, no black people will be denied access to a university because of affirmitive action. Unfortuneately most of them won't make it far enough to worry about that because many of them will not have access to the same good public education most white people in this country get, basic health care that most rich people get, and will probably be discriminated against if they happen to do something stupid in their youth and have to face a judge.

And whose fault is that? Anyone who shows up to a courtroom and acts like a "gangsta" is going to come off badly in court, whatever colour they are.

Bill Cosby hit the nail on the head here.

They?re standing on the corner and they can?t speak English. I can?t even talk the way these people talk: Why you ain?t, Where you is, What he drive, Where he stay, Where he work, Who you be? And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it?s important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can?t be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we?ve got these knuckleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what? And they won?t spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn?t know that he had a pistol? And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward: Isn?t that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn?t that a sign of something? Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up? Isn?t it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don?t know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person?s problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back. People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different ?husbands? ? or men or whatever you call them now. We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can?t write two paragraphs. We as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.

We cannot blame the white people any longer.

repiV, I'd like to point out here that the extreme-Left and extreme-Right political ideologies eventually converge and become identical. Grade 10 Civics class lesson.

repiV, I'd like to point out here that the extreme-Left and extreme-Right political ideologies eventually converge and become identical. Grade 10 Civics class lesson.

The Bush administration isn't far off that convergence point.
The UK government receives broadly similar criticism, yet it's apparently left-wing. 'nuff said...

The UK government receives broadly similar criticism, yet it's apparently left-wing. 'nuff said...

Not really, as you'd have to be pretty negligent to interpret current government policy as 'left-wing'.

Not really, as you'd have to be pretty negligent to interpret current government policy as 'left-wing'.

It certainly isn't right-wing. There's nothing at all right-wing about a government that takes every responsibility and choice possible out of the individual's hands and makes it the state's business.
This government is the epitome of liberal mollycoddling.

I've given numerous examples during my time here, but I don't keep a bunch handy. Good enough is to realise that any case of white on black violence becomes headline news and is always considered a racist attack, yet black on white violence is usually downplayed and never assumed to be racist.
But you are stating all this as fact. You have to understand that I don't agree with you. So when you say that any time a white guy kills a black guy the headline reads "racial violance" I will need to see an example of this, because I can not recall a time this has happened unless it was actually racial violance.

I know most black violence is black on black - as most white violence is white on white. Yet black violence is many times more common than white violence - what does that tell you?

There are eight times as many murders of whites by blacks as the other way around, and yet there are vastly more white people in America. And it's us who are at fault here?
What does it tell me? It tells me a lot, and none of that has anything to do with what we are talking about here. Remember, we are talking about racism in this country, not the rate at which blacks kill blacks. And lets be clear, just because blacks have a higher crime rate doesn't mean that all blacks are criminals. I am not saying you are implying that but thats a hell of a way to try and justify racism in this country.

A rough estimate would say that given the population differences, black on white violence is over 50 times more common than the other way around - given that, it's statistically impossible for racist attacks against blacks to be more common than the other way around.
Then it shouldn't be hard for you to show me this. Do blacks commit crimes whites because of race? I'm sure they do. I'm also sure that rate is exponentionally (sp?) smaller than crime against blacks for racial reasons.

And whose fault is that? Anyone who shows up to a courtroom and acts like a "gangsta" is going to come off badly in court, whatever colour they are.

I am starting to think that you only see in stereotypes. Beleive it or not all black people here act like gangsters just like you don't ask for ice tea in a black restourant by saying "mother ****a, I want some tea". I think Bill O'Reilly wrote a book recenty, you'll probably love it.

But you are stating all this as fact. You have to understand that I don't agree with you. So when you say that any time a white guy kills a black guy the headline reads "racial violance" I will need to see an example of this, because I can not recall a time this has happened unless it was actually racial violance.

No matter.

What does it tell me? It tells me a lot, and none of that has anything to do with what we are talking about here. Remember, we are talking about racism in this country, not the rate at which blacks kill blacks. And lets be clear, just because blacks have a higher crime rate doesn't mean that all blacks are criminals. I am not saying you are implying that but thats a hell of a way to try and justify racism in this country.

No, it doesn't mean that all blacks are criminals - but massively more blacks are criminals than whites. Their problems are of their own making.

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to show me this. Do blacks commit crimes whites because of race? I'm sure they do. I'm also sure that rate is exponentionally (sp?) smaller than crime against blacks for racial reasons.

It's not the kind of thing people tend to do studies on, for some reason.
However, it's simple maths - let's assume for the sake of argument, and the exact figure - again, taking into account total murders combined with the relative population sizes - won't be that much different, that a black person is 50 times more likely to kill a white person than vice versa.
In order for the instances of racially motivated murders to even be EQUAL, 50 black people would have to commit a racially motivated murder for every single white on black murder for the same reason.
2% of black on white murders would have to be racially motivated, if 100% of white on black murders are. How likely is that?
It's totally, utterly impossible.

I am starting to think that you only see in stereotypes. Beleive it or not all black people here act like gangsters just like you don't ask for ice tea in a black restourant by saying "mother ****a, I want some tea". I think Bill O'Reilly wrote a book recenty, you'll probably love it.

No, they don't, but acting like "gangstas" is a black thing, and it's vastly more prevalent amongst black people.
That there are more blacks in prison and they tend to have longer sentences doesn't prove anything about racism whatsoever - more likely is that blacks commit a lot more street crime and don't present themselves anywhere near as favourably in court.
Black people with a suit and tie, proper grasp of the English language and a degree won't fare any worse than a similarly behaved white person.
And if the country were as racist as you claim, hiphop wouldn't be the popular music of the day, it wouldn't be cool to act black and Obama wouldn't have so much popular support.

=ReprivI know most black violence is black on black - as most white violence is white on white. Yet black violence is many times more common than white violence - what does that tell you?

Lets take the 'facts' Repriv has stated

Most Violence involving a black person is black on black
Most Violence involving a white person is white on white

Black people are involved in many times more violence than whites.

Black people murder eight times more white people than white people do black.
There are more white people in america than blacks.

The conclusion drawn from these is that more Black people racially attack white people than the other way round. Anything else is a 'statistical impossibility'..

But this is not a correct conclusion. Repriv fails to mention that blacks are on average alot poorer than whites, and so it makes sense than they rob white people more than black people, as white people have more to rob. It is very possible that this is why they do it.

But why do white people commit violence against blacks, it could very well be racism.

So it is not, a statistical impossibility.

Lets take the 'facts' Repriv has stated

Most Violence involving a black person is black on black
Most Violence involving a white person is white on white

Black people are involved in many times more violence than whites.

Black people murder eight times more white people than white people do black.
There are more white people in america than blacks.

The conclusion drawn from these is that more Black people racially attack white people than the other way round. Anything else is a 'statistical impossibility'..

But this is not a correct conclusion. Repriv fails to mention that blacks are on average alot poorer than whites, and so it makes sense than they rob white people more than black people, as white people have more to rob. It is very possible that this is why they do it.

But why do white people commit violence against blacks, it could very well be racism.

So it is not, a statistical impossibility.

What on earth does robbery have to do with murder?

Frankly, I'd have to say that given an understanding of the statistics I've posted above, having a belief that racially motivated murder of whites by blacks is more common than the other way around is borderline racist.
There isn't a single reason to believe that, other than ignorance or prejudice.

you're overgeneralising ..not ALL black on white (or white on black) homicide is racially motivated repIV we've been through this before ..your stats didnt support you then and it doesnt now

I finished all my shipping so I have a few mintues, I'll go back a few posts since I didn't have time to address them above.
I wasn't just talking about America - the UK and Europe too.

I'm saying that the people in charge of the US at the moment are not conservatives, in any way, shape or form. The extreme right as you and I understand it today is a bizarre offshoot of the extreme left.
So why are your panties all in a bunch over an opinion piece that targets, using your defenition, liberals? Wasn't your original issue with this article that the people who wrote it were leftists? I totally disagree with you that Bush is a leftist but I just don't understand why you made such a huge deal about this if you believe that.

haven't you noticed that any intelligent conservative despises Bush as much as you do, if not more?
No, I haven't. And this is based on what I've seen in this country. As you said, true conservatives do tend to not like Bush, I simply haven't met very many true conservatives in this country.

And 50% of the popular vote doesn't say liberalism is dead to me.
So a vote for a democrat is a vote for liberalism? You do realize that most of the democrats running for office in this country today are not true liberals just like most republicans running for office in this country are not true conservatives? Sure, one tends to lean right while the other tends to lean left but for the most part they are useless partisan hacks that believe whatever happens to be popular at the time, and at this time liberalism is not popular, it stopped being popular some time around the 1988 presidential campaign.

In this country I can pretty much guarantee you'd earn significantly less money for the same work and have much, much higher living expenses - so you'd probably be worse off here than you would be in the States if you sucked it up and paid the $200 a month.
Both our countries their flaws and their advantages. I'm sure it would be much harder for me to find a job there. But if I'm unemployed there I can still survive. Here if you are unemployed you better get used to living in poverty by working a minimum wage job or collecting your shitty welfare check and simply pray to god that you never get sick. My statement above might have been a little too extreme when I said I would switch with your government after I have thought about it since I do have a good job and make an okay living. But thats only because I am in that position, if I wasn't fortunate enough to be where I am today I'm sure I would rather live there than here.

No matter.
It matters to me.

No, it doesn't mean that all blacks are criminals - but massively more blacks are criminals than whites. Their problems are of their own making.
We can talk about this for another 10 pages since I disagree with that last part of the sentence but I don't see how this relates to racism in this country even if you are to assume that I agree with you (again, I dont).

It's not the kind of thing people tend to do studies on, for some reason.
However, it's simple maths - let's assume for the sake of argument, and the exact figure - again, taking into account total murders combined with the relative population sizes - won't be that much different, that a black person is 50 times more likely to kill a white person than vice versa.
In order for the instances of racially motivated murders to even be EQUAL, 50 black people would have to commit a racially motivated murder for every single white on black murder for the same reason.
2% of black on white murders would have to be racially motivated, if 100% of white on black murders are. How likely is that?
It's totally, utterly impossible.
And yet you are having a hard time finding me one example.

No, they don't, but acting like "gangstas" is a black thing, and it's vastly more prevalent amongst black people.
Acting "gangsta" is a black thing? Are you kidding me? Its only a black thing in your eyes because you choose to see it that way. Shit dude, we all have stereotypes, that's fairly natural because of all the bullshit we have been fed over the years from our media, our racists uncles, and all other influances. But when most of us think of something stereotypical we have a tendency to analyize that thinking and not automatically apply it to everything we see, you don't seem to have that capability wether the stereotypes be about muslims, blacks, liberals, mexicans, or anyone else for that matter.

And I just looked it up:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

86% of white victims were killed by whites
94% of black victims were killed by blacks

As stern said not all whites killed by blacks or blacks killed by whites were for racial reasons. That's a insane use of statistics.

And let me try to explain to you how crazy your thinking is. Those stats say that around 90% of people killed in the workplace were killed by white people. If I used your stereotypical thinking I would be afraid of virtually every person I work with.

And finally, based on those stats only about .0002% of blacks are murderers. Be honest now, is that a number you expected?

What on earth does robbery have to do with murder?

Frankly, I'd have to say that given an understanding of the statistics I've posted above, having a belief that racially motivated murder of whites by blacks is more common than the other way around is borderline racist.
There isn't a single reason to believe that, other than ignorance or prejudice.
Americas history of Slavery, Anti-Black legislation and lynchings???

Seems sensible to think that might still exist.

you're overgeneralising ..not ALL black on white (or white on black) homicide is racially motivated repIV we've been through this before ..your stats didnt support you then and it doesnt now

I didn't say that - in fact, it's pretty easy to understand what I did say. If blacks killing whites is 50 times more common than the other way around, 50 times more of the white-on-black murders would have to be racially motivated in order to make the racist killings equal.
Even if 90% of white on black killings were racist, and only 10% vice versa - extremely unlikely in itself - there would still be more racist murders committed by blacks against whites.

I finished all my shipping so I have a few mintues, I'll go back a few posts since I didn't have time to address them above.

So why are your panties all in a bunch over an opinion piece that targets, using your defenition, liberals? Wasn't your original issue with this article that the people who wrote it were leftists? I totally disagree with you that Bush is a leftist but I just don't understand why you made such a huge deal about this if you believe that.

Depends which definition you use, doesn't it?
Two sides of the same cloth - yet they don't seem to realise that.

No, I haven't. And this is based on what I've seen in this country. As you said, true conservatives do tend to not like Bush, I simply haven't met very many true conservatives in this country.

That may be true - but that's a problem with the demographic of the USA, not true conservatives. In some ways it's being reflected all across the Western world - as if the cycle of empire is coming to its end. People become self-satisfied and lazy, and are quite happy to let the government do everything for them and dictate - few people seem to care about their freedoms anymore, or standing up for them.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the government providing certain services - but that's not the issue nowadays. People are reliant on government, they look to government for all the answers, and think that government should enforce their own opinion on everyone else.
In that way, both sides of the spectrum are equally at fault for feeding our societies to the dogs. Seems freedom from government is a long-forgotten concept.

So a vote for a democrat is a vote for liberalism? You do realize that most of the democrats running for office in this country today are not true liberals just like most republicans running for office in this country are not true conservatives? Sure, one tends to lean right while the other tends to lean left but for the most part they are useless partisan hacks that believe whatever happens to be popular at the time, and at this time liberalism is not popular, it stopped being popular some time around the 1988 presidential campaign.

True, but conservativism has suffered a similar fate. These days it all seems to be various shades of outright authoritarianism/police state.

Both our countries their flaws and their advantages. I'm sure it would be much harder for me to find a job there. But if I'm unemployed there I can still survive. Here if you are unemployed you better get used to living in poverty by working a minimum wage job or collecting your shitty welfare check and simply pray to god that you never get sick. My statement above might have been a little too extreme when I said I would switch with your government after I have thought about it since I do have a good job and make an okay living. But thats only because I am in that position, if I wasn't fortunate enough to be where I am today I'm sure I would rather live there than here.

How much do you get on welfare there? Because believe me, it's beyond shit here too. It doesn't really qualify as an income you can survive on. Worst of all, the system is set up such that it punishes people who try and wean themselves off welfare, makes honest people jump through hoops to get any help and rewards perpetual slackers - no wonder we have welfare dependency here.
I take your point on the health part though, but isn't there a special fund to provide healthcare for people in that situation?

It matters to me.

Well, you said you don't believe me - that's fine. It's not exactly something you can grab statistics for.

We can talk about this for another 10 pages since I disagree with that last part of the sentence but I don't see how this relates to racism in this country even if you are to assume that I agree with you (again, I dont).

And yet you are having a hard time finding me one example.

What use would an example be? I haven't bothered to look for one - everyone knows that racist crime occurs, and it's obvious that there are more examples out there than I could find to support either case.
Examples say nothing about trends.

Acting "gangsta" is a black thing? Are you kidding me? Its only a black thing in your eyes because you choose to see it that way. Shit dude, we all have stereotypes, that's fairly natural because of all the bullshit we have been fed over the years from our media, our racists uncles, and all other influances. But when most of us think of something stereotypical we have a tendency to analyize that thinking and not automatically apply it to everything we see, you don't seem to have that capability wether the stereotypes be about muslims, blacks, liberals, mexicans, or anyone else for that matter.

No, it's definitely a black thing. It comes from black culture - as does hip hop, which is merely a representation of "being gangsta".

And I just looked it up:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

As stern said not all whites killed by blacks or blacks killed by whites were for racial reasons. That's a insane use of statistics.

I never said they were. How can you continually fail to grasp what I'm saying? It isn't difficult.

And let me try to explain to you how crazy your thinking is. Those stats say that around 90% of people killed in the workplace were killed by white people. If I used your stereotypical thinking I would be afraid of virtually every person I work with.

Hardly - it's a completely different demographic.

And finally, based on those stats only about .0002% of blacks are murderers. Be honest now, is that a number you expected?

Makes sense to me. It's still a lot higher than the percentage of whites.

Back