6 Stars?!

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So, what the hell is ment to happen when you get a 6 star rating.

I played online on a free roam with a bunch of friends who held up the airport. We killed a crap load of cops and got an epic 6 star rating and well it was just more cops and swat vans.

Is that all you get?! I noticed with a 5 star rating I was getting FBI Cars after me during the single player but not much more.

yeah its way too easy to loase your wanted level... i just drive really fast on straights and eventually you lose the red/blue flashing circle... all you do is pull up and wait ... In Vice City it was a major headache to lose the cops

would you rather it be a major headache still?

So no army or anything turn up? No tanks?

GTAIV is definitely one of my favorite games ... but you have to admit the 5th and 6th stars are a bit disappointing. No FBI (or in this case FIB for some reason) or Army ... although those choppers that come at 5 stars are somewhat menacing.

I don't want to see stupid missions like the one in VC where you steal a tank from a military convoy ... or the 50 or so retarded missions in SA, but outside of the storyline I would like to be able to work up a ridiculous wanted level and be hunted by the National Guard.

Most I've ever escaped in a non-scripted way, i.e. through missions, is 5-stars and I basically limped over the finish line with a slither of health and wheels on my car that could barely roll. I felt thoroughly tested and relieved to have escaped.

In San Andreas, it was impossible to escape anything beyond 4 stars (or at least I never managed it) and whenever you do, it only ever feels by chance or through the choice of the game; never through player skill.

yeah its way too easy to loase your wanted level... i just drive really fast on straights and eventually you lose the red/blue flashing circle... all you do is pull up and wait ... In Vice City it was a major headache to lose the cops

I thought it was much easier in previous GTA games to get away. All you had to do was book it to the nearest pay n spray (not far) and go in. Now you have to break line of sight, get out of a circle (pretty damn big on higher stars) and stay away from other patrols and helis while outside it.

The 6 star circle is basically half of one of the districts... damn big. NOOSE comes after you on 5 and 6 stars.. plus 2 helis, I think. Not sure what else.

NOOSE come after you on 4 stars also.

Only got 5 stars a couple of times, never reached 6.

Was round at my friends last night. He managed to get a six star. Nothing particularly exciting happened.

Spent 40 minutes yesterday on a 16 player free roam server with 6 star wanted level... mostly around the airport, fending off waves and waves of police cars in a Super GT and then later in an infernus I stole from another player.

Makes more sense the local police would come than the ****ing army with tanks...

The army is fighting terrorists, they wouldn't deal with you.

Man, haven't even made it to the 6 star rating yet, but exchanging fire with the door gunners on the big choppers is the most fun ever.

Makes more sense the local police would come than the ****ing army with tanks...
That's a fair enough comment, but my concern with GTA IV is this needless slant towards realism in some places. This is a great example.

Yeah, it makes more sense that the police simply step up their efforts, but having the mother****ing army in previous games was a great laugh and it certainly set GTA apart from boring down to earth gritty realism.

I'm less of a critic with the new wanted system than I was at first, but the new system isn't a leaps and bounds improvement on the one in previous games.

What'd be nice would be for the army to deploy in a realistic fashion, ie not charging around like police. That is to say - you'd still get chased by police cars and stuff but soldiers would tanks would lock down major junctions and bridges, and they'd have their helicopters in the air... D:

I was free roaming yesterday and the guys I was riding with said that if everyone in the car has 6 stars a big black tank that says "FIB" in yellow writing on it comes and blows you up. He was full of shit, he and this one guy kept saying they both saw it.

I took note to some increased accuracy in NOOSE agents shooting on the 6 star rating.
Normally, they kinda spray with hit or miss luck, but on 6 stars, I took 1 round to the head and died, with full health.

the game is very random.

sometimes i hit 6 stars and it's somewhat easy to stay alive, but sometimes at 6 stars i get swarmed and it's almost impossible to escape.

I was free roaming yesterday and the guys I was riding with said that if everyone in the car has 6 stars a big black tank that says "FIB" in yellow writing on it comes and blows you up. He was full of shit, he and this one guy kept saying they both saw it.

They weren't kidding. It sounds ridiculous, but that tank comes out of ****ing nowhere. It's scary :(

Got it last night, used the cover system to hide behind a wall at the Cluckin Bell in Broker.

pretty easy shootout IF you have enough ammo.

If you goto the grotti dealership in algonquin and block off the doorway with a large vehicle and go upstairs and break the upstairs glass window that leads out onto a balcony then its pretty easy to reach a 6 star rating, survive for 5 mins for the achievement and possibly the chain reaction one like i did before making a quick getaway in the turismo behind you... check this vid out!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=spQGVHfHPr8
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXjcRnkxE4

I survived 5 minutes on 6 stars at the Algonquin cable car station. Actually my intent was to drive a vehicle up there, but in the process I blocked both stairways and got ina fight with the police. So I took cover behind the wall over which you can see the street and since the stairways were blocked and the station is covered from above, I was good as long as I stayed behind the wall.

Of course first I had to peek out lots to get the six star rating, but when I achieved it I played with the police for about three minutes and then camped behind the wall for the next two. I even managed to flee the scene by car (not a previously prepared one) but got killed somewhere later.

The One Man Army achievement was alot easier to get then I thought it would be, I just hid on the top floor of the Superstar cafe and was met with very little resistance. Of course I walked out side and got the shit blown out of me :D

The One Man Army achievement was alot easier to get then I thought it would be, I just hid on the top floor of the Superstar cafe and was met with very little resistance. Of course I walked out side and got the shit blown out of me :D
Reminds me of something similar that happens in other GTA games.

You get a five or six star rating, go into a restaurant for a few seconds, and then when you walk back outside, a 12-cop simultaneous, *KABLAM!!!*. :E

Walking into a store or restaurant in previous GTA titles was suicide and amost certainly resulted in instant death every time upon leaving. Even if you have both the 150 armor and health.

Haven't really noticed yet myself if GTA IV is guilty of this or not.

The easiest way to get 6 stars, IMO, is too go to one of the other islands before you've unlocked it, in which case you instantly get 6 for being a "terrorist".

If you goto the grotti dealership in algonquin and block off the doorway with a large vehicle and go upstairs and break the upstairs glass window that leads out onto a balcony then its pretty easy to reach a 6 star rating, survive for 5 mins for the achievement and possibly the chain reaction one like i did before making a quick getaway in the turismo behind you... check this vid out!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=spQGVHfHPr8
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXjcRnkxE4
Watch the second video again, after he makes the phone call which is how you do cheats in GTAIV, look at his stars when he enters the car...:rolleyes:

Watch the second video again, after he makes the phone call which is how you do cheats in GTAIV, look at his stars when he enters the car...:rolleyes:

That happens whenever you get in any cars in that shop. It's not a cheat. Try it.

You go in and out on the fly, so what you see through the windows is what you get outside, rite? :)
Funny I just noticed this, but your right. Another GTA IV improvement over the series I guess. No indoor to outdoor/outdoor to indoor loading times. :)

Although it did seem a little more realistic for cops to accumulate outside a building tbh. Trapping the crook inside.

Cheap deaths are still cheap deaths in a game though.

Usually when you have six stars you ARE a galactic civilization.

Back