A contemporary history of Korea, and why I love the military.

you tell me ...you're the one always going on and on about how glorious it was that 2 great nations decided to have a pissing contest with you as the prize

Um. No.

Damn Soviets. Damn Russia. Damn Communist China. Damn Commies.

Democracy > Communism

Random question - Numbers, what's Korea's medieval history like? can you link me to any sites that detail their medieval military? Because, I know quite a bit about the fighting styles of most places except continental east Asia (excluding China). I can never really find anything. Also, make sure it has big text and pretty pictures.

-Angry Lawyer

Um.... Well, I really don't know of a english site... From what i've seen on TV, they used axes and the common soldier had no armor in the 500 ~ 1000s, and then we switched to spears for the most part.

So, here are some pictures for you. :(

4_28.jpg

VS Japan - Imjin Wars

ssdcd.jpg

VS China - Dang dynasty

na.jpg

VS China - Dang dynasty

yg.jpg

VS China - Dang dynasty

exhibition2_2005080217244931.jpg

VS Mongolia

These are all "Archival Drawings". Textbook.

Um. No.

Democracy > Communism

they both carved your country up to serve their interests ..without any participation by koreans. Occupiers tend to do that; it's part of that rape/pillage mentality

Yes. But we could have united, but the communists, mainly Kim Il-sung (wiki him) and his cronies, sudden;y changed their stance on the state of the nation, after Stalin said something about it being goood.

:upstare: funny how you completely gloss over huge segments of your own history

wikipedia said:
With the war's end in sight in August 1945, there was still no consensus on Korea's fate among Allied leaders. Many Koreans on the peninsula had made their own plans for the future of Korea, and few of these plans included the re-occupation of Korea by foreign forces. In accordance with a policy suggested by the US to the Soviet Union, the Russians declared war on Japan and moved their military forces into northeastern China and northern Korea. However, the American leaders worried that the whole peninsula might be occupied by the Soviet Union, and feared this might lead to a Soviet occupation of Japan.[citation needed] Later events showed these fears to be unfounded. The Soviet forces would arrive in Korea before the American forces, but they occupied only the northern part of the peninsula, halting their advance at the 38th parallel, which was in keeping with their agreement with the United States. On August 10, 1945 two young officers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea#Historical_Background

it's obvious both superpowers cared little for the people of korea; it was just a staging ground for their little pissing match; to the victors go the spoils of war and all that

Um. No.

Democracy > Communism

Um.... Well, I really don't know of a english site... From what i've seen on TV, they used axes and the common soldier had no armor in the 500 ~ 1000s, and then we switched to spears for the most part.

So, here are some pictures for you. :(

4_28.jpg

VS Japan - Imjin Wars

ssdcd.jpg

VS China - Dang dynasty

na.jpg

VS China - Dang dynasty

yg.jpg

VS China - Dang dynasty

exhibition2_2005080217244931.jpg

VS Mongolia

These are all "Archival Drawings". Textbook.

Cool stuff, thanks :D

-Angry Lawyer

:upstare: funny how you completely gloss over huge segments of your own history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea#Historical_Background

it's obvious both superpowers cared little for the people of korea; it was just a staging ground for their little pissing match; to the victors go the spoils of war and all that

Yes. If WW2 had been a bit longer, we could have avoided this; the KLIA were massing on manchuria and northern provinces of Korea for a massive, liberating offensive. (with US support)

liberating offensive? the US occupied your country ..god numbers, you're completely beyond hope ...do most koreans think the same way you do? if so what a sad society you live in

the US occupied your country

Nope. US troops did. Theres a major difference; we wern't annexed by the US. If WW2 had been a little bit longer, we could have avoided division, US and Soviet troops occupation, ect.

Most likely 87% does.

87%? how exactly did you come up with that figure because unless you have some portal to another parrallel universe where the allies lost the war there's no way of proving that

and yes the US OCCUPIED korea ..as it clearly says in countless articles I've quoted ..they cared little about what koreans wanted

87%? how exactly did you come up with that figure because unless you have some portal to another parrallel universe where the allies lost the war there's no way of proving that

and yes the US OCCUPIED korea ..as it clearly says in countless articles I've quoted ..they cared little about what koreans wanted

Polls in Yahoo, Central's Polling of public opinion, ect.

Thats what I said. I think.

Back