A Few Good G-Men (Half-Life 2 machinima)

Yeah, I saw this posted on hardocp.com. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to get around to recreating movies/TV shows/music videos in Source.

Good stuff too. The facial animation on the G-Man was nice.

Saw this a couple of days ago at interlopers. Very good though.

they did an awesome job. makes me want to learn it

Just saw it and did a search so I didn't repost :) Very sweet animations, synced up perfectly.

Wow, that was great. I can't wait to see more of those....

Looks cool, perfect body language for Barnie and synced well but it seems to me the HL2 characters are underplaying the expressions in the emotions stakes. Either way, makes me want to see the original to see how emotional they DO get! :E

And why Gollum's Theme?

Yeah, the expressions were underdone. Particularly the parts where the characters were shouting each other. Didn't really look any different from when they were just talking.

Lanthanide said:
Yeah, the expressions were underdone. Particularly the parts where the characters were shouting each other. Didn't really look any different from when they were just talking.
source has limitations,
that was great work...

Wow.. Just wow..

The bump mapping on G-man I take it, it is the High Quality G-man :p

Even the background had motion in it, made it look ultra-realistic..

After HDR comes out, and movies start being done, I wonder if we'll be able to tell a difference between Eli and Morgan Freeman...?

god, this vid is so amazing. how on earth did they do that?!?!

i wanna learn how to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!
really really bad!!!!!!!!
i love G-mod but i want full action sequences, not photo's!!!!!!

Very well done, i love using those Jack Nickleson voices from the sound board they have on ebaumsworld i think for the prank call thing. The recordings are very good, makes me laugh too much. I loved that video, brilliantly done

He does kind of tell a little of what he did at his website..

Just erase the filename from the URL, and that'll take you to his site..

Awesomness

Barney needs to close his mouth more :burp:

Is it just me, or does the animation and audio lose sync increasingly about a minute in from the beginning?

I dont think it looks out of sync, it might look that way just cuz the characters mouths dont always move to the words exactly like they should...but no its in sync when I watch it...

It'd be cool if he released the map and not just the movie, so we can watch in high-res in-engine.

I was simply amazed. I didn't spot that chairs didn't have shadows, I didn't spot emotions underdone... The voice tone did its job. Loved every second of it. The walking anims and gestures were a bit weird, but only the first moment... Astonishing work.

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Even the background had motion in it, made it look ultra-realistic..

After HDR comes out, and movies start being done, I wonder if we'll be able to tell a difference between Eli and Morgan Freeman...?
Huhwha?

Anyway. The amateur movie was very well made and quite amazing. The only flaws, albeit minor, were the stiff, or lack thereof, animations and the spotty voice and mouth movements.

jet jaguar said:
Same here. Is it supposed to take a long time to load/start?
If you have cable that shouldn't happen, refresh, if its 56k ISDN, yeah just wait.

BTW really good video!

Very interesting video. Great, actually. Kudos to the creators :)

Considering Jack Nicholson's wild facial expressions, G-Man's "acting" was lukewarm.

But Barney has the Tom Cruise impression spot on.

This great :farmer:

Only bad thing is that they don't open their mouths enough when they shout :p

Or show the anger with eyebrows..The gman had kind of a "prood" face when showing anger...

Lol saw this yesterday, hilarious and very well put together.

can't wait for the updated version that the creator is doing right now.

That really left me wishing there are more community made videos to check out. I wonder if original material will ever start coming out or if the need for super high quality voice acting will scare everyone away.

Wow, I almost felt like they were real people for a second

AMAZING!

What Program did the guy use to make that? It definetely cant be Garrys Mod...

Back