A Good Diablo-esque game?

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
I've been getting really hyped up for Diablo 3 recently, and I want to play a game that's similar to Diablo 2, WoW, Guild Wars, etc. Preferably single player.

I was looking at Titan Quest, it looks fun. Still not sure - any suggestions? It doesn't have to be medieval style or anything, could be sci-fi, or space, or whatever.

Thanks guys!

Torchlight. Torchlight, torchlight, torchlight. Its from the original Diablo guys, IIRC. And it is AMAZING.

Torchlight.

Get it while it is still $3.74 on steam :p

Nox by Westwood.

Titan Quest. Been a while since I played it, but I'm a sucker for mythology and that game was some great Diablo-like fun.

And BF3 is like MW3 with some vehicles and larger scale tacked on.

NO IT ISN'T

Seriously, they play nothing alike.

Sacred Gold, Divine Divinity series, Titan Quest Gold, Nox, and Torchlight.

Dog, I got Titan Quest from the holiday festivale thing. Do you want it?

And BF3 is like MW3 with some vehicles and larger scale tacked on.
NO IT ISN'T

Seriously, they play nothing alike.

Do either of you own Guild Wars? I seriously don't understand how one can't see the obvious similarities in gameplay without being extremely nitpicky. No, they aren't exactly alike, but they are definitely similar if you are looking for *that* type of game.

Guild Wars doesn't play like a regular MMO (Can't be compared to WoW, hell, it's hardly an MMO at all) but on the other hand is similar to something like Diablo 2 with a HUB and a PVP mode nailed to the side of it.
Both games are "instanced"; massive worlds, vapid of other player life, hardly any personality, but full of constantly respawning monsters to kill. Combat and movement is based on the very similar point-and-click to move and point-and-click to attack gameplay of Diablo 2. Both are basically about grinding, leveling, and gaining better loot on a solo level, since once again, stuff is instanced. Also, both games break up your characters into Campaign and PVP, just like Diablo separates Singleplayer Characters from Multiplayer Characters.

If Dog is looking for something like Diablo/Diablo 2, I'd be seriously surprised if he didn't find Guild Wars to fulfill at least some of that.

Played Guild Wars for quite a long time and I don't believe I ever once thought it was similar to the hack n slash gameplay of Diablo.

The closest MMO that I can think of off the top of my head that's similar to Diablo is Mythos.

massive worlds
constantly respawning monsters
Have you played Diablo?

Also, both games break up your characters into Campaign and PVP, just like Diablo separates Singleplayer Characters from Multiplayer Characters.
Except you can do all the singleplayer stuff and pvp with the same character. You don't have a story mode and a pvp character seperate. It's more like just an online and offline character.

Your comparison is weak. Even the difference of 3d and 2d/fixed camera makes a big difference in how the game feels as well.

And you only have one town per act. There is no travelling to other towns and getting a whole bunch of random quests. It's more simplistic in that way.

I think I need your email adress (the one you use for Steam), because you're not on my friends list.

Torchlight is a definite. Titan Quest and Sacred too. Like everyone else has said.

Torchlight and Titan quest!
Althou Hellfire was pretty good back in the days...A bit outdated now...
Dungeon siege is a damn good one aswell...

Back