A Good Gaming Mouse?

99.vikram

Tank
Reaction score
Can someone suggest a good mouse to replace my current one.

I usually play FPS and strategy games. So, any suggestions?? :dork:

Logitech MX510. Should be about $30 now.

Fatal!ty 1010 Gaming Mouse

Awesome, has weights you can put in to control your movement, and a button that you can press on the fly to change your resolution (which controls the speed your mouse moves) and makes it an awesome mouse for shooter games...

I don't think that's even available around here, but I'll see. I don't want anything too expensive.

It runs in the range of $60 or more...I picked a new one up for $15 on Craigslist this weekend :)

I prefer the MX518. I've had one for about 6 months now, it has yet to wear down whatsoever, and it works really, really well.

got a refurbished mx518 from ebay for only $17, a steal. Look around on ebay, you might not find anything right away but things are always showing up.

If you like the logitech shape, mx518 all the way. If you like the razer mice, diamondback all the way. Don't go near the G5 or copperhead, laser sucks.

MX500/518 are awesome and they shouldn't cost much. Their optical sensors are more responsive than most mice with lasers!

Yup, the MX518 is fantastic. I own a G5 and i bought my brother an MX518 and i prefer it, so much so i may ditch my G5 sometime soon in favour of one. Otherwise, i used to have a razer diamonback that i absolutely loved, not always the most comfortable mouse though !

My MX510 broke down (The circuit board cracked), and I bought the G5 as replacement. It's perfectly fine. Unless I'm missing something you guys are talking about, the laser works fine for me. Responsive, doesn't skip, and pixel accurate.

Diamondback is the one for me, with the eXactMat on control side.

From the comparisons that i've read, the main difference appears to be that the laser mice have a much more severe cut off in response once you reach a certain rate of movement. Something like that anyways ! I like my G5, and for CSS it is wickedly accurate, so no complaints there. The MX518 has two side buttons, which is a bonus, and there was something about it that felt slightly different, although i can't really pin it down !

edit: I adored my diamondback, but it went to my brother with my old pc, and i fancied a change. Nicer buttons than the logitech's, non slip, large, and slightly more sensitive in their activation. Damn uncomfortable for long gaming sessions though i found.

I also have a G5, i used to have an mx518, but i guess all the ads and such tricked me into thinking that a laser mouse is so much better when really i can't tell much of a difference besides being able to change the sensitivity on the go. But the G5 is by no means a bad mouse i actually prefer the feel over my old mx518 because of the textured rubber stuff. But if you want to spend around 30 bucks then i would say mx518 all the way. Logitechs just feel good in my opinion.

Back