A Message from the Administrator

Shem

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.teamfortress.com

Now, I have no actual proof that these men cheated. Lucky for me, then, that I am still in possession of basic common bloody sense. The top Soldier, for example, would have had to kill a Demoman every 2.5 seconds for a week straight, somehow circumventing respawn timers or the need to actually traverse across a map, without once pausing to sleep or go to the bathroom. In other words, he is either cheating, or he is a hallucinating sleep-deprived psychotic with severe constipation and unerringly good aim. In either event, I am confident he is ashamed of himself.

Did you cheat? Are you severely constipated? Check out the top twenty kill counts and make what you will of it.

Perhaps you could draw a picture of me giving a damn, so I'd know what that looked like.
lol

Seriously though, that's a little nutty. Is this an excuse to give the Demomen a consolation prize? I didn't think anyone was that driven to see a particular class win.

I sure as hell was. The right man won that war. SCREAMING EAGLES!

Rubbish, demoman should have won. Saying that...the boots replaced the secondary slot (same as stickie bomb launcher) so how would the demoman have jumped anyway? Launched with his grenade launcher (takes you about 4 metres).

The prize was a non-prize! Buff banner is awesome, shotgun is more useful than the boots.

Plus three replacements for the stickybomb and none for the grenade would have been silly, MAGGOT.

Soldier won fair and square, the result was only sullied by surly cheaty types.

Soldier won fair and square, you all saw the daily results - Demomen were never ahead once. I doubt the Boots would have been the Demoman's unlock, it doesn't make much sense because Soldiers do alot more explosion jumping than demomen, I'm guessing it would of been something completely different.

Somehow, I doubt Valve held back a separate unlock simply because the soldier won.

Now that I think about it, maybe the gunboats would have replaced the grenade launcher. Could be why the grenade launcher is in the second weapon slot in the loadout menu instead of the first.

We'll never know...

Still... the total for demoman cheaters was higher. Doesn't mean there weren't more total Soldier cheaters but still. Demoman kills are kind of sporadic so it's hard to pick out that soldier and shoot him. Soldiers are always aiming directly and thus can focus on a demoman as a primary target even if they end up dying in the process. It was never a fair fight!

Back